It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another strange animal washed up on shore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This is like my favorite game now. Name that dead creature.

NEW LONDON, Conn. -- Something odd washed ashore in New London this weekend and people are not quite sure what it is.

Some people think the carcass it that of a pig, some believe it is a sea turtle while others suspect it to be a raccoon.

Bobbette Clapsadle was walking along the beach with her family when she made the gross discovery. Her daughter snapped pictures.

"We weren't sure at first. It was kind of covered in grass (and) was in the weed line. My son saw it first and was like,'Look at that!' My husband walked over and said, 'Oh my God,'" Clapsadle said.

Visitors to Ocean Beach were equally perplexed.

By Monday, the creature’s body was nowhere to be found.

more pictures in the story

Its looks like something we have recently seen.

Now this new creature was found in New London Connecticut, and the other creature was found in Montauk, NY. There is really not that far of a distance between the two points.

Whats in between both locations? Well that is the Plum Island Island Animal Disease research center. I find it highly suspicious that the carcass suddenly disappeared. Shouldn't have this animal been identified?

Something smells fishy and its not a dead carcass.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You may be on to something with the Animal Disease angle. I have to go to work, but hope when I get home to look into this more.

The top picture looks rat like in the face. The last, looks like it is evolving hooves or something.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by testrat

the top pic looks like a lion or elephant seal, but with no flesh on its face, just the bone. I woudl go with elephant seal, they have alot of flesh on their face and i bet it woudl make a easy meal for some krustations.

the second pic, im stumped.. it looks liek its half man, half pig and half eagle... I GOT IT ,, ITS "MAN BIRD PIG"

[edit on 30-9-2008 by boaby_phet]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Looks like a seal to me.
Minus the flesh on it's skull, of course.
After google image searching for seal skulls... the only skull that has those large canines is the leopard seal.
However...that particular seal should technically not be in that area.

*Shrug*
I still think it's some type of seal, though. Whoever could possibly think that carcass belonged to a raccoon is brilliantly incompetent...

Now, for that other creature..I have no idea what that is.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'll bet it's a dead seal or sea lion. Seriously folks, when animals die they start to decompose and the hair and flesh are the first to go. We have forgotten some of the realities of life as we have partitioned ourselves off from the natural world. Google decomposing and rotting animals and I am sure you will find a host of freaky cryptocreatures.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
That second picture with that creature, I've seen that before. The creature in the first pic looks a lot like it, especially when you see the picture of the whole carcass from the link. They've both got the same features, four legs, same body shape. It's really weird. The top half looks like a seal, but the bottom half has legs/flippers like the top half instead of a tail. I wonder what type of creature it is? It kind of looks like a turtle, but without it's shell.

You have to wonder what happened to this recent one. The rest of it's body is relatively intact, but the face has the flesh missing and you can see it's skull. Although, I suppose some creature (most likely a shark) had something to do with that..

[edit on 30/9/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
wow,

I totally think that there is something extremely suspect about that island .
I really think there linked, I just think that some more info on that place needs to be found and brought to light.

Omega

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The hind-quarters do resemble the "Montauk Beast". This one just seems a lot more bloated - or fat? One thing is for certain - it's not a pig and not a turtle.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The Montauk creature was proven to be a hoax and part of a viral advertising campaign for a film.

And the 1st creature is definately a seal or some type of pinniped, although i can't tell exactly what species. The blubber has remained and the skin on the face has decomposed first, where there's much less blubber stored.

It's just really a case of identifying what species based on the teeth.

My guess is a Caribbean Monk Seal:

Edit - Hey scrap that. I'm now reading that the Caribbean Monk Seal is extinct! This is the closest match I found to the skull. Strange. Perhaps a small population still exists??

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Nammu]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There are more important things going on in this world to pay atention to than wasting time and energy with the pointless "identify the carcass" games media throws up to distract people whenever crap hits the fan with relevant issues like, say, bank bailouts.

It looks like a rotting mammal that died at sea. If people are so desperate for an answer send it to the smithsonian or something.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It looks like a turtle from the way the fins spread out (without a shell obviously) but it is hard to tell when the picture only shows part of the animal. Also the creature has a beak much like sea turtles.

Also the second picture I believe has already been discussed in another thread and it was decided that it was a dog as someone said they get washed up quite regularly in their area. I'll try and find the link.

"There are more important things going on in this world to pay atention to than wasting time and energy with the pointless "identify the carcass" games media throws up to distract people whenever crap hits the fan with relevant issues like, say, bank bailouts.

It looks like a rotting mammal that died at sea. If people are so desperate for an answer send it to the smithsonian or something."

lol and yet you still played the game and had a guess

Edit for the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

After reading it a second time it seems it was decided it was either a racoon or a dog. although on the 1st page there was a anom poster who said it was a dog and they see them washed up on the shores a lot.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by farther84]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

I counldnt agree with you more!!

The island does sound kinda interesting and will go and read up on it!

Furthermore, the news article was really badly written....this was an unidentifiable corpse and nothing informative was said..

..look at this part for example.."My son saw it first and was like,'Look at that!' My husband walked over and said, 'Oh my God,'" Clapsadle said."

Utterly worthless if you ask me!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

From all the articles I have read, the Montauk Monster has yet to be proven a Hoax!

"Mr Goldberg has so far not commented on the reports that the mystery has been an elaborate marketing ploy for his film.

But the theory would help explain why the remains of the animal have since disappeared and never been inspected"

If you have articles that can clarify it, would you mind linking them?

[edit on 9/30/2008 by corvin77]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
The Montauk creature was proven to be a hoax and part of a viral advertising campaign for a film.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Nammu]

I have yet to see anyone prove this. Because a women who claimed to be a witness, was the sister of a movie producer making a film? The film in questioned is a comedy, why would they have a creepy dead animal.

You now have three dead animals that have the same jaw, limbs, and body. All found close to one another. After the bodies have been found they disappear.

For the people that don't know, one of these also washed up on Rocky Point, NY a few weeks ago.

If this is a viral marketing scam for a independent movie, its about as clever as it gets.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by testrat

A hoax for a low budget comedy... I dont think so!

Wow, so that would make it 3 very similair corpses so far.. all washed up near plum island hmmm this is getting really fishy..

1. Montauk Monster article
www.foxnews.com...

2. Rocky point monster
www.zimbio.com...

3. New Island Monster
www.nbc30.com...

Here is also a link to some things mentioned about plum island..
www.rense.com...

I found this next section very interesting...

"They maintain that there has never been a leak to the mainland. Apparently the first appearance of what we now call Lyme disease a mere 13 miles northeast of the facility falls under the category of coincidence, as does the mysterious and still unexplained appearance of West Nile virus in Long Island and New York City.

Coincidences, it seems, abound at Plum. "

On their home page the below is stated..
www.ars.usda.gov...

"We're equally proud of our safety record. Not once in our nearly 50 years of operation has an animal pathogen escaped from the island."

[edit on 9/30/2008 by corvin77]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
@ testrat and corvin 77 - if you read through all the blogs at www.montauk-monster.com... it's apparent that the girls (Jenna Hewitt, Rachel Goldberg, and Courtney Fruin) that originally claimed this find were bluffing. Someone else named as only 'Rita' claims to have the remains, but that they legally cannot release pictures or the body (why we will never know). There's also some additional pictures taken by Christina Pampalone that are very interesting. They claim to be of a similar creature found seperately, but appear to be much more dog-like than the first pictures released and you can see that the 'beak' is actually the skull exposed at the end. So maybe the girls just highjacked it, which seems likely. Maybe it just a dog, which also looks very likely looking at Christina's photos.

The 1st picture in this thread appears to be a completely different creature from the Montauk beast from looking at the denture.

@ testrat - do you have a source for your last photo?? I'd like to see more photos of that find. It's hard to make anything out of significance on that picture.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

There are more important things going on in this world to pay attention to

Well, then what the hell are you doing here?

Chump comment....

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
either that or wait for it to be linked to global warming.

hehehehe

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The island angle is definitely something worth considering...it may be that these are animals affected by the testing going on there.

We don't really see any big chunks missing from the carcasses, so a shark or whale attack can most likely be ruled out. There may be a gunshot wound somewhere, so that is a possibility....

Either way, the fact that these things are being found in close proximity to one another leaves some unanswered questions.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wasn't this a post not that long ago? I've seen this picture more than once and it's always a story that some lady that someone knows took the picture.. I don't know what to believe...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join