It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy - Overseas $$ donations to POTUS campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
story here

Here’s the fact – US Law says that foreigners can not contribute to the campaigns of those running for POTUS.

Here’s the conspiracy (and illegal activities) – It is estimated that at least 200 million dollars has been donated to the Obama campaign by overseas donors (NOT US citizens living abroad).

At this point, the FEC has compiled a separate database containing more than 11,500 contributions totaling $33.8 million. More than 520 listed their “state” as Iran. Another 63 listed it as the United Kingdom. Others listed include Abu Dhabi, Addis Ababa, Beijing, Fallujah, Florence, Italy, France, North Korea. Nigeria itself claims to have donated $900,000 to Obama’s campaign.

The Wall Street Journal reported that donors from the Gaza Strip had given more than $33,000 to the Obama campaign. This came through bulk purchases of T-shirts they had shipped to Gaza. This is a sale of goods, but it is donation money as well.

Both John MCCain and Hillary Clinton required proof of citizenship from people donating online. Obama did not.

When Obama comes out and claims that most of his donations are from people giving $20.00 – that’s a lie covering illegal activities.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Everyones favorite citizen of the world has accepted his position as the chosen one. Talk about the pockets of special interestas?

I also read yesterday that Obamas own Stop the Smears website has
finally admitted that little Barry O actually WAS born in Kenya...

newsbusters.org...

Where's the outrage?

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Gatordone]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
Everyones favorite citizen of the world....

story here

For a while his official website said 'UNFORTUNATELY only US citizens can vote for the US POTUS'

Taken exactly as it’s worded - according to Obama, it's UNFORTUNATE that foreigners can't pick our POTUS. He sounded almost apologetic. Which could partially explain why the illegal gain of foreign $$$ toward his POTUS run – (he sort of invited it) and the conspiracy of a cover up afterwards.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here is a different article...

www.americanthinker.com...

Obama's Palestinian brothers love him.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Illegal foreign $$ coming into our POTUS campaigns and no one cares?
Foreigners mucking around in the American process isn't important?
Obama saying that it is 'UNFORTUNATE' that foreigners can't vote
doesn't irk you?

:shk: For shame!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
(edit) Not worth the effort. You guys enjoy.(edit)

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by FlyersFan

Maybe people are just finally fed up with topics like this? One can hope.

Actually, if this can be proven, it would be cause for prosecution of someone on the Obama campaign if not Obama himself. The laws are not put into place to be broken or shrugged off, and if he's receiving money from foreign interests who have ties to who knows what, then it's a clear violation of election law.

Until recently, the Obama Web site allowed a contributor to select the country where he resided from the entire membership of the United Nations, including such friendly places as North Korea and the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Source was the original source quoted by the OP in the first post.

Unlike McCain’s or Sen. Hillary Clinton’s online donation pages, the Obama site did not ask for proof of citizenship until just recently. Clinton’s presidential campaign required U.S. citizens living abroad to actually fax a copy of their passport before a donation would be accepted.

I wonder whom Obama would throw under the bus if the FEC called for a full investigation of all foreign donations?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by sos37]

[edit on 1-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Sad attitude. You hope people are 'fed up' with exposing when politicians break the law of this country? You hope people are 'fed up' and don't want to uncover the truth about a potential POTUS?

You hope they are 'fed up' enough to not care and therefore to allow politicians to continue to break the laws of this land?

Sad.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sad attitude. You hope people are 'fed up' with exposing when politicians break the law of this country? You hope people are 'fed up' and don't want to uncover the truth about a potential POTUS?

You hope they are 'fed up' enough to not care and therefore to allow politicians to continue to break the laws of this land?

Sad.

I don't think it is that. And I'm ashamed to admit that once again I am stooping down to this level to even reply to a thread which I promised I would avoid. I just feel that a quick explanation and then exit will suffice.

It's because, until ACTUAL PROOF can be provided, we are sick and tired of this "Obama does this" and "McCain does that" and "Palin does everything" BS. It's hearsay until someone can actually present some REAL PROOF.

Now, if it turns out to be true (UNLIKE virtually everything else these extreme conservative sites have tried to pin on this man before) then let's push for due process. I just don't think that 'evidence' will be presented.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
until ACTUAL PROOF can be provided,

The FEC has compliled the list. They are investigating.

if it turns out to be true (UNLIKE virtually everything else ... )

Actually, most everything DOES turn out to be true, but MSM is in the tank for Obama, so it doesn't get discussed.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm with Karl......you guys seem to be playing nice.

I will leave with a question though.

How would any of the irrelevant stuff you guys posted above affect Obama's ability to govern????????(rhetorical?)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Cause it could lead to corruption in his administration if the people that allowed and knew this was going on were to join him in Washington. Therefore distracting him from the real issues while confronting a scandal.

I think everybody here know Obama isn't directly involved. But there do seem to be truth that there were problems the way he was collecting donations online. And if the law was broken it does deserve to called to the people's attention and investigated.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Cause it could lead to corruption in his administration if the people that allowed and knew this was going on were to join him in Washington. Therefore distracting him from the real issues while confronting a scandal.

Jam!

Not to stray too far off topic......but, was it not the current Decider in Chief who brought half of Texas to the White House with him? Now THERE is some corruption to worry about.

As far as contributions....

The only controversy has to do with whoever has the bigger war-chest. The loser will always try to make this an issue. Obama has gotten the majority of his money from small contributions.

source

Q:

What is the average size of Obama's contributions and what is the average size of McCain's contributions?

A:

We can't calculate a precise average for either candidate, but we can say that persons giving less than $200 account for 47 percent of Obama's donations and 26 percent of McCain's.
As of July 14, Obama’s campaign has raised a total of $287,397,945, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research group that keeps track of money in U.S. politics. McCain’s campaign has raised a total of $119,594,596.

McCain has only gotten about a third of the support.....hence, the attempt at making this an issue.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
The only controversy has to do with whoever has the bigger war-chest. The loser will always try to make this an issue.

No - the controversy and CONSPIRACY is that it is ILLEGAL to take money from non us citizens. It's not a matter of sour-grapes. It's a matter of foreigners being involved and influencing the POTUS election

It's a matter of law.

Obama has gotten the majority of his money from small contributions.

That's what Obama claims. However, considering that half of his contributions have come from overseas, that 'majority came from small contributions' stuff looks to be nothing but a bunch of bunk.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

OK.

About FactCheck.org

Our Mission

We are a nonpartisan, nonprofit "consumer advocate" for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics. We monitor the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players in the form of TV ads, debates, speeches, interviews and news releases. Our goal is to apply the best practices of both journalism and scholarship, and to increase public knowledge and understanding.

The Annenberg Political Fact Check is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. The APPC was established by publisher and philanthropist Walter Annenberg in 1994 to create a community of scholars within the University of Pennsylvania that would address public policy issues at the local, state and federal levels.

The APPC accepts NO funding from business corporations, labor unions, political parties, lobbying organizations or individuals. It is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.

They must be liars then. Sorry to waste everyone's time with facts.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.spectator.org... is another story I read about this issue today.

This quote caught my attention:

An auditor for the Federal Election Commission is attempting to have his bosses seek a formal investigation into the collection by the Obama for President campaign of more than $200 million in potentially illegal political donations, including millions of dollars of illegal, foreign donations, and has sought a request for assistance from the Department of Justice or Federal Bureau of Investigation. But the analyst's requests have largely been ignored."I can't get anyone to move. I believe we are looking at a hijacking of our political system that makes the Clinton and Gore fundraising scandals pale in comparison. And no one here wants to touch it."

Nope, no one will touch it. That Kool-aid sure is potent. No one can criticize 'the one' in any way, shape, or form. Can you imagine a president the people cannot criticize? Not me.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Seeker Mom]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A Newsweek article...

www.newsweek.com...

Doesn't this matter to anyone? Anyone?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Fascinating thread

But it doesn't matter.

The media is in it for Obama. He can do no wrong.

new topics

top topics

join