It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free running urban ninja is the troop of choice in the new American revolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
chase

good illustration on how to use parkour

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Although this has a bit of tricking etc in these particular videos, they are still some of my favourites - some take a bit to get into it.

I bought Mirrors Edge for my PS3 yesterday, prolly gonna go play it soon. It looks awesome.

Really down to earth documentary.

And anyone who know's anything about PK has to know about Sebastien Foucan.

--------------------------------

As for Traceurs being used as troops to fight the "NWO" - I think the practicing of the discipline itself is a way of fighting back at the "NWO", you are cultivating your mind, body and spirit in a way that is the total opposite of the direction humanity on a whole is moving towards.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManBand

I dunno....."free-willers" perhaps??

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Constitutionists, rebels, revolutionaries...
Constitutionists sounds okay, but rebels and revolutionaries have a sort of negative connotation to them. When I think of those names, I generally don't immediately think "those are the good guys", you know what I mean?
We should come up with the "official" name for the freedom fighters (freedom fighters is a bit cliche lol, probably shouldn't use that either).

This is a cool thread. I hadn't thought of using parkour, but it seems completely obvious now. As mentioned before, Assassin's Creed and other videogames use it, and we know that if it's in a videogame then it's the real deal.

The only problem would be the weapons, IMO. Unless they used knives, pistol-crossbows, or completely silenced firearms, they would be easy to locate. At least it seems like they would. I don't know much about that kind of thing though, so IDK for sure.

The hypothetical army has begun to come together...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There already is a name...

Traceur(m) or Traceuse(f)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManBand
Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Uh, yeah. I do. From experience.

If you pull those kind of stunts without movie stunt props, you'll shatter the small bones in your heels. It doesn't incapacitate you while the camera is running. The incapacitation starts three days later, then you limp for six months and hurt for three years more.

Not a good way to win.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

ah, you know its a real discipline don't you?

And the videos I posted previously (bar the Mirrors Edge one) are real?

People do do this you know?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Yeah I know. Do it for long enough and you'll need National Health Care.

Real soldiers move different, for a reason.

Incapacitating yourself with gymnastic risk is doing your enemies work for them.

Keep your feet on the ground if you intend to survive for long.

There is a time to jump off a twelve foot wall, but not unless you can afford the downtime from the injury that you are risking.

Man, that hurt. Three days later.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Yeah I know. Do it for long enough and you'll need National Health Care.

Real soldiers move different, for a reason.

The seeming immortality of youth...

Many of those amazing jumps ... NOT the climbing and gymnastic moves will create tremendous volume of micro fractures.

Every bone of their lower body will be like splinters once they get into their thirties and if they live without pain in their forties...

Guaranteed they'll need every ounce of their remaining upper body strength to wheel chair about in their fifties!!!

The climbing, gymnastic moves and your fuggin brain; plus self confidence and situational awareness will keep you safe when SHTF.

As someone mentioned above... Spiritual aspect will also be a huge factor during SHTF (and all of the time.)

Choose your God wisely. ¿Perhaps your God has already chosen you?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I disagree, if you look after your body properly (diet, rest, conditioning, massage, etc etc) - as well as proper technique you would be fine for quite some time.

But I agree that for the purpose of what the OP suggests; this is pretty impractical...

Sebastian Foucan and David Belle are in their 30s now and still going strong.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Yeah like David Belle and Sebastian Foucan well in there 30's, I would really enjoy seeing people refrain from commenting on subjects they do not understand. ps (micro fractures heal back stronger as why martial artists shine kick stuff).

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by f3rm1N

We have been there and done that, son. We are telling you when you make one mistake (and sooner or later, you will) there will be a lifetime of pain.

Listen to the voice of age and experience.

Move low and slow until you are ready to sacrifice your life.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Chakotay]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This is a discipline and like any, you train technique hard and efficiently as to be ready for any move you are working for. Mistakes happen yes, but they occur everywhere, rather it'd be training in parkour or "walking" down stairs, we do hard conditioning and lots of strength training to prepare us to not falter in our practices. The human bodies limites are not fully understood yet, as this discipline and it's best practicioners are best examples of, we arn't meerly withstanding high drops and impacts without dissipating the force that comes with, through technique we do just that. I highly recommend you watch National Geographics Fight Science episode on Parkour explaining much about the discipline with two great traceurs (Ryan Doyle, and Daniel Ilabaca) showing how we use many aspects to make our training and techniques as safe as possible. I for one as a practicioner myself am very greatfull of having found such a great community and amazing people that help each other to progress safely in our discipline, also if "S" seems to "HTF" and "ANY" of all things which seem to have a possibility of occuring do occur, I am confident and thankfull that I train in such a discipline which would "if need be" make me capable of pulling myself out of a harsh and hasty situation.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by f3rm1N] I suck@ embeding vids

What you see in videos is only what they have accomplished and trained hard to be able to do, you rarely get to see the progression process which allows us to achieve the point of being able to do such moves effortlessly.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by f3rm1N]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If I saw someone running near me like that Id definitely just shoot them then take their shoes.

These posers and failed breakdancers/gymnasts will use up all their energy within 3 days without food... its just dumb.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Like anything there is a time and a place, the right time and the right place Parkour may very well be excellently applicable.

But again, I emphatically put forward the view that PK as a discipline in-of-itself is combating the "NWO".

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

see, the idea is, we'd be "hanging" in areas you cannot reach nor see from your ground level ^.^ You wouldn't even know we exist untill we drop on you from above :-p

edit to add, then we'd be like "ninja plz gimme that bread.." and parkour away again

[edit on 11-6-2010 by f3rm1N]

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OneManBand

I agree parkour would be a most effective means of transport in a situation as such. If you where to have the ability to gauge the repercussions through physics, somebody could be an effective stealth warrior. If such troops where equipped with night vision/thermal optics, a good grounding in martial combat, and silent weapons, they would be formidable foes indeed.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thanks, but no thanks my fight shall be in the sticks if all goes to my plans. However I do wish I could do all those back flips, I don't think anyone will survive in the urban environment long.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join