It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone actually Know what the Soul is?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

Not sure why you come back with more desperation, spewing out your abuse....

I guess I have upset you somewhat ???

If it upsets you so much, why don't you look for another thread, that agrees with you ???

You don't have to read what is in this thread, if it upsets you so much...

Find peace within yourself…

[edit on 2-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Reply to pplrnuts

You wrote Quote;

Truth is nobody knows if there is such a thing as a soul. NOBODY. Saying that there exists such a thing is simply optimistic assumptions.

Just because this is your belief.... it does NOT make this the Truth….

You wrote Quote;

Every human being would like to beleive that a soul exists and that we move forward onto a stage or place in the after life, but again NOBODY knows.

Again this is an assumption on your part….
Many do Not believe a soul exists… Nor do they believe in an after life….
There can only be an afterlife if you first die….

From the Gospel of Thomas…. Quote;

1. And He (Jesus) said,

“Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will NOT experience death.”

So if you don't experience Death how can there be an AFTER Life ???

You wrote Quote;

In regards to the expanations provided using the Bible as source, ignorance reins supreme as usual. More sympathetic I cannot be for those that believe all of life's questions can be answered from a book of plagerism of earlier superstitions and myths that were FICTION.

First of all....
I did Not say nor have I ever said....all of life's questions can be answered from a book of plagerism ??????????????????

This may be your evaluation of ancient writings, and you are free to assume this, but others may disagree with you on this…

You wrote Quote;

But if you must consult from such silliness, you should at least know what you are reading.

Do you ???

Can you read this thread and understand what others are saying ???

You wrote Quote;

The truth is, that the english word soul came from the hebrew word nephesh.

The English word did Not come from the Hebrew word nephesh, Many languages have their own word meaning the Soul in English and they Certainly did Not come from the Hebrew Language….
All Languages Did NOT come from Hebrew….
The word used in the Translation is SOUL.

The Hebrew Language… Nor them that call themselves Jews and are Not, Certainly do NOT Govern the Components of LIFE or Rule over your Universe or my Universe…
All the human Species are:- Quote;

Ref. en.wikipedia.org...

They are merely " bipedal primates belonging to the species Homo sapiens in Hominidae, the great ape family."

But what I am talking about is something else unknown to you, nor are you able to understand, by what you have written...

You wrote Quote;

That word simply meant complete life of being, in the sense of a living breathing being. Of course the ignorant masses fell for the fairy tale nonsense and believe the bible is talking about something totally different as usual.

The Human Species is Not LIFE...

From the Gospel of Thomas... Quote;

56. Jesus said,

“Whoever has come to understand the World
has found only a corpse,

and whoever has found a corpse
is superior to the World.”

You are total wrong.... the life of A'DAM and EVE was the Breath or Air.

The English Word Soul does NOT refer to the Flesh or Descendants of A'DAM…

You wrote Quote;

If you have no clue as to what your Bible actually is saying, then please refaim from spreading foolishness to other blind folks.

Do you understand the writings ????

I think Not...

May I suggest you read the various versions of the Roman collection of writings you refer to as the bible, as well as the thousands of other writings of those times first, before making wild and absurd statements.

This thread is NOT about the bible only….

It you believe this thread to be only about the bible... you have not understood at all, what is written in this thread…
So I doubt you would be able to understand the bible either…

You wrote Quote;

We already have enough foolishness in the world.

This is the only True statement you made… and perhaps is about yourself ???

[edit on 3-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Truth is...

We know a soul exists. We bank souls. Optimal ownership for those who seek guaranteed loss control. There is no after life is life just exists, so we guaranteed freedom. The bible is tangible property, and there are intellectual property rights and patents. Fiction is only means of communication and the media our patented information. We have studied the constitution of the bible, and we found its silliness is the happiest thing about it. Phoenicians proved their language derived hebrew. Complete life of being is not spirituality. The bible is made of mass. The bible is a source of trust standards. People also use it for morals based upon this trust if do not understand the constitution of the bible.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am a Wiccan and in studying the craft we use meditation and visualization to manifest spells and I discovered Astral Projection. People have been doing Astral projection for a long time, so I just discovered it for myself. I do it now. It isn't easy and it is a hit and miss proposition for me at this stage.
But when I do it, my soul or my spirit comes right out of my forehead into the light as my eyes are always closed when I do the meditation. I am in a room of my choosing and instead of going from place to place slowly as i would walking, running, or driving, I think of the other place and am there in a flash.
I see no others in the Astral plane, or I haven't so far. I have no hands or body to touch things with. I see fairly clearly which I can't explain because I have no eyes either and I hear things faintly and have no ears.

This is what I think the soul is, the spirit. It must exist in all of us. It is an energy we all must have that is devoid of a physical body. I try and touch and move physical things but haven't been able to yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flidais
This is what I think the soul is, the spirit.

There is a difference between the soul and the spirit of the soul. Man is unable to speak of the spirit as if it is beyond the soul. The word spirit itself is therefore a lie, yet we hold it true in order sustain energy as spirit or science as law of form. Law is of matter, so the limits are obvious once one understands what actually is spiritual beings.

I try and touch and move physical things but haven't been able to yet.

Burdens are within dreams while sustained sleep is optimal. Man changes and one must reconcile with man. One knows they reconciled when they know her avatar. Man follows his avatar. Ordinary time does not allow changes to the physical world.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The soul (or spirit) is the WILL.

The WILL is what is alive.

The WILL is you, not the SELF.

The SELF is, say, the human body the WILL is in operation of.

Behold, The SELF come (act of the WILL) as the attraction (the THIEF; the SELF; the EGO).

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
The soul (or spirit) is the WILL.

The will is media and questionably of pure matter yet at least a device.

When we have banked on will, we have guaranteed it is completely of matter.

In the end of days, end of times, end of millenia, questions of judgment day, kalinulani (translated), and inheritence, we declassify any spirituality. To us, spirituality is only virtue and not of matter. Many do not want spirituality as a virtue, so we offer sanctuary and healers based on will.

This is ordinary work for us yet there is obviously no way to prove it to ordinary judges. It takes too long for ordinary judges to finally discover that we have desecrated their land by their own fault as they summon us.

When we declare ourself unholy then they usually get the hint, as that means their holy lawyers have failed by their own confession. See how this works? It's not really a question...

When the courts all get taken over as "Area 51" then they literally have lost control, and we just try to help (stay out of their business).

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

here again you are being arrogant. this whole time you have trying to prove me wrong and i have said it over and over again. now you are trying to turn your own pride onto me. in one of my original posts i said that i was done arguing with u and that i was simply stating my opinion. you are the one who has been trying to prove me wrong just because i dont agree with u. look what ever it is that you believe in is all up to u, no one can change that. but dont try to tell people that they are being hatfull and and are small minded just because they dont believe what you have to say. i have no idea who u are and will most likely never meet u, so i really dont care what u think about any one. keep ur pride to ur self. i am done with u and i have no more to say. u can reply all the posts u like but i will have nothing to do with ur prideful arrogance any more.

bless u and best wishes.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Reply to Fallow the light.

Fallow an interesting choice of word found in any dictionary ????

I don't know what your problem is really ???

Comment made by me to you..

reply posted on 25-2-2010 @ 03:40 PM by The Matrix Traveller
Quote:-

This is Not intended to convince you of anything at all, but is an account of what I have been shown...

And I am Certainly Not asking you to either Believe or Disbelive me ???

I am merely a Witness... and nothing more than that...

Re....reply to post by The Matrix Traveller by Fallow the light

here again you are being arrogant. this whole time you have trying to prove me wrong and i have said it over and over again. now you are trying to turn
your own pride onto me. in one of my original posts i said that i was done arguing with u

Funny, I had NO argument with you ???
Must be your Imagination playing tricks on you???

You wrote quote;

and that i was simply stating my opinion. you are the one who
has been trying to prove me wrong

INCORRECT... Using My Words....

see at the top of this Post...

reply posted on 25-2-2010 @ 03:40 PM by The Matrix Traveller
Quote:-

This is Not intended to convince you of anything at all, but is an account of what I have been shown...

You can't change this FACT !

I was just telling what I Witnessed... OK

Am I now NOT Permitted to report what I was shown by J.C. ???

J.C. said if I remember correctly???

"Feed My Flock" or do you also despise this in J.C. too ???

I thought you were proclaiming to be a Christian ???

So are you of a human church or His Flock ???

No need to Answer....

You wrote quote;

just because i dont agree with u. look what ever it is that you believe in is all up to u, no one can change that. but dont try to tell people that they are being hatfull and and are small minded just because they dont believe what you have to say. i have no idea who u are and will most likely never meet u, so i really dont care what u think about any one. keep ur pride to ur self. i am done with u and i have no more to say. u can reply all the posts u like but i will have nothing to do with ur prideful arrogance any more. bless u and best wishes.

EXCELLENT CHOICE.... but sad..

So We won't hear from you again???

I can only report what I have been shown and can't tell lies, just to satisfy your Ego.

So if this is seen as arrogance by you, that's fine by me and I forgive you for Judgement and un-Christian Condemnation of me.

God Created ALL things through J.C. according to your church so it is hypocritical that you can despise me so much. LOVE thy Neighbour, AS thy Self….. I believe J.C. once said.

I may be the least on Earth But YOU are Not J.C.

I shall always put J.C. well above you… I am thankful for what He has shown me, that I was invited to the Marriage supper, and can report on what I was shown there, and since.

This you are powerless to change…

If you believe I did Not eat and drink at the table of J.C. then deny this to J.C.
He may respond to you if He desires.

Have you been to the marriage supper ???

Isn't is strange how you desire to be invited to the Marriage Supper yet you deny others ???

Why ???

I would rather learn from J.C. than attend your particular human church any day.

You wonder Why ???

[edit on 4-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The soul is simply our own very clumsy way of defining our concept of individuality.

It's not any real thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

The soul is simply our own very clumsy way of defining our concept of individuality.

It's not any real thing.

Hi Seethelight,

I must admit we are all clumsy, especially myself, but can you please explain why you think it (The Soul) is Not a real thing ???

[edit on 4-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
yet again arrogance! now i know that u are arrogant because you used the corection of my spelling as a way to get at me. that is the lowest of the low when it comes to come backs. my use of 'fallow' means to 'fall and 'fallow in the same. i use this because of people who use the word of God to there own benifit, in doing so they 'fall' before God.

endtimepilgrim.org...

The Marriage Supper of the Lamb is a magnificent future occasion. The saints down through time have wondered about it. It is alluded to in the Hebrew prophetic poetry. And it is clearly outlined in Revelation chapter 19. At a future point in holy history the Elect will be gathered out of this present era of space and time. They will pass beyond this earthly plane to enter into the eternal realms. After the BEMA judgment the saints will pass through the gates of splendor to enter the mansions of glory. Just inside they will come into the banqueting hall of the the Great King. There they will be ushered into a love feast with their Messiah. It will be a glorious consummation beyond the power of words to describe. The scriptures clearly indicate that our entry way into this climactic love feast will come at the consummation at the close of this present evil age.

www.allaboutgod.com...

The concept of the Bema Seat comes from the ancient Olympics, where a judge would sit on the Bema Seat at the finish line. The judge's purpose was to determine what position the runners came in-first, second, and so on-and then to give out the appropriate rewards. That is the imagery behind what is known as the Bema Seat.

Also known as the Judgment Seat of Christ, the Bema Seat is described in 1 Corinthians 3:12-15, "If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames." Your gold, silver, and costly stones are works done for the glory of God, with the right motive, and in dependence upon the power of the Holy Spirit.

There is some debate as to the exact timing of the Bema Seat. Some understand it to occur at the moment of death for each believer. Others believe the Bema Seat to occur during the end times, with all believers being judged at that time. It does not truly matter when the Bema Seat occurs. It is far more important that we be prepared for the Bema Seat.

The Bema Seat judgment does not determine salvation. Rather, it is when believers must give an account of their lives to Christ. It is very important to not confuse the Bema Seat with the Great White Throne judgment. Revelation 20:11-15 describe this judgment, "Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." The Great White Throne is where those who do not believe in Jesus Christ are judged and condemned.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

In contrast, the Bema Seat is for believers whose salvation has already been secured by faith in Jesus Christ (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10). We should not focus on the Bema Seat as Christ judging our sins, but rather as God rewarding us according to our lives. Yes, we will surely have to give an account of our lives. Romans 14:10-12 explains, "You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Part of this judgment is answering for the sins we committed. At the same time, I do not think judgment is going to be the focus of the Bema Seat.

In 2 Corinthians 5:10, Paul gives the Corinthian church an illustration of the Bema Seat, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." Paul is teaching us that all Christians will stand before the Bema Seat of Christ. At the Bema Seat, Jesus Christ will bring to light every deed-good or bad-that each believer has done on earth since he or she became a Christian. Every Christian will be rewarded based on his words, deeds, and faithfulness.

so from what you are saying is that the BEMA seat has already come and passed and YOU are the only one on the planet that was able to witness such an account.

if the BEMA seat has come and passed then why hasn't it been herd all around the world? why hasn't every church stood before us and told us of this?

why has there been no account other than YOURS?

because u are a lying.

(the ninth commandment)

thou shalt not bear false witness.

(the third commandment)

thou shalt not take the lords name in vain.

you have broken both the third and the ninth commandments.

so i am just suppose to believe u that u witnessed the marriage supper of the lamb, when no one ells has?

right there is proof of your arrogance. proof of ur "holy-er than thou" complex.

proof that u are lying, and you are a deceit.

revelations speaks of false witness of the messiah and u have just fulfilled that prophecy.

i have had enough of ur blasphemy's and i want nothing more to do with them.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Sure.

The thing about the soul is that a lot of people claim it exists, but none have proof.

I'm not talking about philosophical proof that something makes us different from animals (our own sense that our conciousness is more advanced than that of most animals, I should say), but actual physical or scientific proof that what we call "soul" is anything different that our clumsy attempt to quantify the something extra we sense in ourselves as humans.

I am using very deliberate language, as best as I can anyway, to define this understand as a belief, not as something empirically provable.

It's hard to successfully argue against a strongly held belief, especially one based entirely on faith, but I would need more than bible passages (or quotes from any philosophical/religious text) to change my mind.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

hello

i first off want to say, nice name. secondly i want to say that it is every mans right to decide for himself what to or not to believe in. the most beautieful gift that God gave us is free will. some people would like others to follow blindly and will castize though's that dont.

so i want to say bravo to u for exercising ur God given right to think for ur self. some people also like to use the word of God to thier benifit because they know that they can controle others and make others believe in what they want them to.

my name 'fallow the light' means to 'fall' and 'follow' in the same. thoughs follow God for thier own gain makes them 'fall' from Gods good graces. that is one reason that u should not believe every Tom Dick and Hary who says that they know God.

as for the soul i found a pretty cool descution on google answers about the body and unexplained weight loss right after death. here is the link and i will also post it in an other post. it dosnt proov anything but its interesting.

answers.google.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
something interesting that i found

answers.google.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Did you know there is in fact a number of different ways the Soul can be observed, and studied, I am referring to the optical observation…

It depends on ones interpretation of what the Soul actually is.

I am not referring to any religious beliefs, or definitions interpreted from religious texts, but as an interface Construct.

In other parts of this thread and in others I have shown in drawing form a Partition Map of the Soul.

Evidence can be found in historical record found in Architecture right across the Earth, in the form of Mosaics, Glazing, and other structures.

This can be found in the floors, walls, windows, and ceilings of government buildings, Pubic Buildings and Arcades (Walkways), Palaces, as well in Temples, churches Cathedrals, Mosques, and Monasteries.

Also is often found in many ancient ruins.

I myself have accumulated over 50,000 Geometric Drawings, recording in every detail, the Construct as well as its operating or processing system.
This includes the Programs themselves, that all is being processed through.

As to the scientific proof there is much discussion regarding this in certain areas but much still has to be discovered yet to fully recover the knowledge left behind by our ancestors.

The churches have been responsible for corrupting this knowledge in the past to hide the Truth, but the Truth won't go away, it can only be hidden by religion and other institutions temporally....

This is the Inner Partition Map.

Often components within the operating system, are on display involving many different programs of the Geometric Processing system. These can be found in Architecture in both building design and decor, as described in this post.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
To Fallo the light.

Look I have no feelings at all against you and I forgive you for your abuse against me...

It is written n "The Gospel of Thomas"

Quote;

51. His disciple said to Him, (Jesus)

“When will the repose of the dead come about,

and when will the New World come?”

He said to them,

What you look forward to has already come,

but you do Not recognise it.”

Now these are the savings of J.C. Recorded in The Gospel of Thomas...

Not Mine.... but I agree with J.C.

Don't believe me Read for yourself in "The Gospel of Thomas"

If you say I am blaspheming... then you accuse J.C. of blasphemy.... just as your ancestors did who Crucified Jesus...

I rest my case....

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't know what a soul is,

We are living breathing souls having a human experience, perhaps our mind is the soul, and our consciousness continues on the other side.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thank you stormdancer for your post...

you wrote quote....

our consciousness continues on the other side.

Very true...

Life continues on, not experiencing through the human species, but through the Soul, which is the temple of the Mind some refer to Life or the Spirit.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join