It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone actually Know what the Soul is?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Does anyone actually Know what the Soul is?

We often hear the Word Soul come up in discussions, but does anyone really know what the soul is?

Or does everyone have a different idea, of what the Soul is or should be.

Is the Soul just another name for a spirit or are they two totally different components.

Can a Soul be seen or can our own Soul be seen?

If we can see the soul how do we achieve this?

Believe it or Not I have a number of different ways, we can see our own soul and study its workings.

But first I desire to hear what others think the Soul really is, and of any recorded definitions found in ancient writings.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
plasma information packets that contain data of individual behavioral and emotional tendencies.

-

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Rofl your thread sounded like a commercial.

What's with this trend btw?You know,starting a thread with a question for a title allthough you allready "know the answers"...Makes the thread being more noticed,doesn't it...?Hmmm....

Anyway,why don't you just say what you have to say,what you "know" and where you read/learn/heard it.

When it's about enlighting others you shouldn't take your time...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Don't know what it is but it apparently weighs 21 grams

www.livescience.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

The only TRUE definition of the soul is to be found in the Scriptures of the Living God - the Bible. Please don't waste your precious time studying ancient writings, etc. Hosea 4:6 says that we as a people perish because of lack of knowledge. It is all in the Word of God. Why do we so enjoy searching for answers elsewhere?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oceanborn
Rofl your thread sounded like a commercial.

What's with this trend btw?You know,starting a thread with a question for a title allthough you allready "know the answers"...Makes the thread being more noticed,doesn't it...?Hmmm....

Anyway,why don't you just say what you have to say,what you "know" and where you read/learn/heard it.

When it's about enlighting others you shouldn't take your time...

Hi Oceanborn,

Welcome to the thread....

Yes I know it sounds although I do know the answer, but I was wanting to test the water as to say.

I have had another thread going with respect to The Word God as many of these words are used in society these days but in many cases loosely without knowledge..

I don't wish to sound like I know all the answers because I don't!

What started all this, was back in 1973 I went through the experience of death and I mean being recorded as "brain dead" for more than 30 minutes.

What I experienced was nothing like what I had been taught in my younger years. I was brought up in a Christian family.

Since August 1973 I have seen many things regarding Life and different knowledge, about the so called universe, but most think I am talking a lot of rubbish, in the general public and I often wonder if humankind really wants to know anything about their world.

So I am a little apprehensive in in sharing what I have experienced, as all I seem to get most of the time, is a total negative response, that is within the general public.

I opened up a thread as I have said, about the "Word" God and generally I had a good response for a change.

But the information is quite radical, compared with the general beliefs regarding the structure of this Universe and what is behind the Creation, why we are here and how the Universes and worlds have been Created from "Nothing"...

I am searching for a way that I can cross the communication gap.

I desire to release all that I know and what I have learnt outside this Universe but it not an easy task...

I am involved with a project that a number of people are setting up, to manufacture a small optical based Computer system, in the form of a child's toy that can interface with The True Mind.

I know people are wanting to know exactly what the purpose of such a computer system is, but it is a bit like asking what a computer is for....

Some of the functions are to import things from the libraries of The True Mind into this program.
Another use is to experience other worlds, and another use is to use them to get access to all the manuals or books regarding The True Mind and information on the workings of the universe you know and other Universes unknown to humankind, as well as other worlds that are nothing like a Universe.

Where does the question of the Soul come into this then?

Well this Interface system with The True Mind, operates through the Soul.

It is Not difficult to make up what we call a Light mirror to see your Soul.

The Computer system we are manufacturing uses such a mirror as one of the operating components, but is a little different than the one I will describe below.

There are a number of different ways to produce such a mirror...

The cheapest way but is a little crude is to make up a clear Acrylic (Perspex) disc about 200 mm in diameter and 1.5 mm to 2.5 mm thick.

Mark out the disc into 4 sectors or portions, each covering 90 degrees of arc.

Now mask two of the portions opposite to each other, with black insulation tape or black cowl.

Now insert a spindle through the centre of the Disc so it protrudes throughto the underside by about 5mm and grind the end to a point.

Spin the disc like a child's top over as white as possible white paper.

Make sure you do this in bright sun light.

While it is spinning stare at the white paper or disc as it slows down.

As the disc slows down to a slow speed, Granules of coloured light will appear in the area of your sight, where you are looking through the Disc to the White paper.

When the disc reaches a certain speed (Slow) Geometric shapes will appear in the form of coloured frames that rotate and morph into various shapes, and rings of rotating octagons will also appear, as well as line work and other geometry in rotation.

These are Not random patterns and they repeat again and again.

What you are looking at is a refection of the underside of your soul.

It is known as the face of the deep in the ancient writings.

Geometry is the communication language of the Soul.

But who is going to accept this? Even though it is the truth.

Remember we use a similar affect as only one of the components, in this computer system.

Where we are doing the work at present is in working out how to make a very cheep child's toy that will work as this interface.

We have other Optical based computers working now, but they are too costly to manufacture as a toy.

The toy will be used to acclimatise people to this ancient technology, as humanity is generally very superstitious and fear the unknown.

Well that's about the best I can do, to describe to you, why I have started this thread.

But for people to be able to understand this technology, they need to understand some of the basics about their environment in a way that is not generally known or understood in its true context today...

If you have any thoughts on how to get this across to to the general public I will be very interested in hearing from you.

I will accept U2U's.

I know this sounds incredible or bizarre or even insane, but I can assure you, that we do have some working systems right now, and more programs are being plaid with right now.

As time goes on we are learning more and more about programming these devices, but it is still very early days and much more research is required
yet...

I f we can introduce this technology the others will pick up the technology and develop it further and in many more fields...

There is so many different areas this technology can be used in, we can Not possibly do all the work our selves...

[edit on 30-9-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I would say that the soul is a small part of the universal God, the great light, the community of energy from which we all hail, the astral source of all life, the spark that defines awareness of ones existance. Just look at people who are "brain dead" beyond resurrection- the soul has left the body, but it's not dead in the biological sense of the word, the functions are still there but there is no real "life".

The soul might be seen if you are receptive, but measured, I don't think so. It contains enormous energy and it's time and spaceless. And, of course, it works in mysterious ways. The only final truth about the soul can only be discovered after death. You can explore it's powers through different types of meditation and such, like the works of the mighty Yogis, but it's origin and purpose will only reveal itself in the final moment of our earthly existance, and beyond that of course.

That is why I in a strange way long for death. I don't want to haste it, no way, but I am more curious than afraid of my eventual demise.
I consider life in this material world to be something like an education for the soul.
I do believe in reincarnation, but I have not fully processed my theories about how that works.

That's my idea.

(Edited to add: what the hell is this thread doing in the "Science and Technology" forum? The soul has very little to do with that in my oppinion.)

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Raud]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Plato addressed this in Timaeus around 360 B.C.

Timaeus also discusses music theory: e.g. construction of the Pythagorean scale. The last part of the dialogue addresses the creation of humans, including the soul, anatomy, perception, and transmigration of the soul.

source

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hello again Matrix my friend and peace to you and all those you love.

My understanding is the soul is the record of everyone who has contributed in the direct bloodline of the individual, though others may join if remembered in the host.

Not only is it the record, but also the estate of such past relatives who make up the counsel of conscience and literally live in the individual who are contracted magnetically through the memory of them in the host and is why Iron is such an important ingredient in the blood, just as the magnetic signatures are frozen in lava, so too are they embedded into the magnetic memory of the mind, by the blood.

In many cultures there is a "mourning" period of usually 30 days and this makes complete sense in the light of building Neural Pathways for the "remembrance" of them in the mind.

Those who die without blood (offspring/strongest remembrance) may also join others (friends, family, etc.) who remember them, but are as a "foreigner in the land" of the body who's "lot" is divided by memory of such "foreigner" in the host.

I believe this is why Jesus said, "many will come to me in that day saying, lord when did we see you naked and clothe you...etc" "to which he will reply enter into the kingdom prepared for you since the beginning of the world" yet others will come....to which he will reply, "away from me wicked servant, I never knew you"..."to the least of these so also have you done unto me".
"Isn't the life worth more then the body?"
"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but loose his soul"
"If you think it, you've done it"...

Since he is first and last and worthy of opening the sealed scroll...or "Total Recall", it is in this body that all who love him (give him life...son of man...offspring) will be remembered that are so few "a child could count them"

There is a wilderness, just out of view, in which every living soul who has been ejected from the body and from memory by the death of the soul (no more children to carry the legacy) or the death of those that remembered them dwell...remember the show "Land of the Lost"? Dinosaurs and Giant Insects and the like? This is where "weeping and Gnashing of teeth occur" quite literally and is just outside of view. Some glimpse it as a testimony to them to repent, not from religious sins, which do not exist, but that of murdering the soul by choosing not to give life willingly, as this is "blasphemy of the holy spirit", the spirit which constructs every being from the "matrix of the womb" and gives a Kingdom to those deserving of it...."together with my body, shall they live".

Total recall of these past relatives "in this body" is what people misunderstand of the "Rapture", which isn't a real term in the bible but is called "the catching away". "First the dead in anointed shall rise, the those who are ALIVE and REMAIN, shall be "caught up" to be together with the Lord forever in the Air"...where the Head sits...the memory...only present and not thought.

Jesus, told the pharisee's, "How shall you escape the judgment of Gehenna" because they were priests and had no children.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Plato addressed this in Timaeus around 360 B.C.

Timaeus also discusses music theory: e.g. construction of the Pythagorean scale. The last part of the dialogue addresses the creation of humans, including the soul, anatomy, perception, and transmigration of the soul.

source

Hi Matyas,

Welcome to the Thread,

As you will find I have just finished a reply to another about the Soul.

Yes you can trace many beliefs that are I believe are Christian in nature back to Plato and Ploinus... And even further back to the ZIONic Languge...

One of the most famous is....

Quote:- "Ploinus also described the meeting with the divine as the experience of Light... God comes with the Light, that is to say that the Light is the proof of the coming of God" unquote...

The Soul or old style Souls I was shown look like a jelly-fish without tentacles and is constructed of Light and on the underside of all souls is a latticework made of lines, octagons and squares.

The True Mind dwells in the Nucleus of the Soul and looks down through the base to view the program being watched or interacted with.

A change took place in 1999 and the new souls are a 2D lattice work with the Man Child in the Centre, These Lattice works are contained in a much larger lattice work. I have always called it The Matrix long before the film Matrix Trilogy came out.

The Matrix asa I call it is a Map of the Partitioning of The True Mind that allows The True Mind to Process Holographic experiences, the Universe you know is only One of these programs.

I have now a Library of over 30,000 Geometric drawings that describe the All from when Nothing existed to what exists now.

I can show step by step or Drawing by Drawing how all id created and how to interface with The True Mind both with the Inner Mind and Optical Interface systems...

Yes I know I sound like I am insane but I can assure you I am:-

1. telling the truth,

2. I and a number of other people are experimenting with these Interfaces right now

3. We are introducing an Interface in the form of a Child's toy hopefully in about 18 Months Time.

The only obstacle at this point in time is the cost of the toy, so we are developing a cheaper system right now.

We believe we can achieve this very soon.

If you want to see more detail then U2U me and I will send you the drawings to satisfy your curiosity.

This is Not a money making program.

And we have nothing to hide and will release what ever information is asked for.

If we don't achieve this then I know someone else will and that doesn't matter to us so long as this technology is introduced into the world again.

So the first lines have been now drawn in the sand for all.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
Don't know what it is but it apparently weighs 21 grams

www.livescience.com...

Did you even read that link?

MacDougall used a very small sample size (only four of the original six bodies) and his results were inconsistent. Furthermore, the precise moment of death is not always clear even today, and in 1907 medical measurement methods were even cruder. The weight of the soul turned out to be simply the result of sloppy science, but many still believe it a century later.

Since, more intricate and precise measurements have been done and they have all concluded there is no instantaneous loss of mass at time of death that could be construed as a 'soul'

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

plasma information packets that contain data of individual behavioral and emotional tendencies.

-
plasma information packets? What are these?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Hi again my friend,

An excellent script you wrote I only wish I was as articulate as yourself regarding the Knowledge and communicating by written word.

I wish I could figure out how to release some drawings on abovetopsecret but they are quite large files and I haven't discovered yet how to insert them.

All these drawings you can find many shorter versions in most Churches of Byzantium architecture especially Mt. Athos, St. Sophia in Turkey, many other Churches and temples, Government buildings and Palaces across the earth in every country.

Much of the Geometric patterns are from this Processing system that was once known on Earth.

The Old City or system was Hexagonal but has Now been changed to Octagonal and contains The Man Child in the Centre along with the Matrix of The Lamb, Rings of 16, 12 and 8 Octagons, books libraries etc.

The Viewing of The Books is through an operating system known as IC and the Main Libraries of The True Mind as XC.

I have now discovered over 2,00O Instructions and hundreds of different registers.

All of this was shown to me after going to the Marriage Supper and being shown all from the beginning of The All.

It is a very long story which is impossible to write here, even though I would love to...

My wife was an Editor of a Large Newspaper and has written many books,
and is writing a book releasing all the information but it will take a year or two.

She is writing full time to achieve this.

This journey I have experienced started in 1973 as a result of experiencing death as it was described by doctors. I was as you know declared "brain dead" for more than 30 minutes, but for me I was very much alive during this time.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have stated this on a few other threads, but this is a thread specifically for the idea, so hey.

IMO, we are all just energy, chaotic energy ordered through vibration. IMO, geometry is the key, as varying frequencies have varying geometric shapes, and it is these frequencies that order our world, seperate physical from non physical, the percievable to the unconcievable. This all stems from what we know as 'God', there are alot of different ideas about God, but I will share mine, to explain my view. 'God' is the source of this energy, that creates our world, our universe and all the dimensions they encompass, it is energy, never created, never destroyed, only transformed. So in a sense, everything, is made up of 'God', we are all connected to a 'true' source, we are merely facets of this 'hive mind', seeking individuality, for the good of the individual and the whole.

Kind of puts a new spin on "I am the son of God, you are the children of God"

Now the soul, through my understanding, is an anchor, a focused point of light/energy, in which we experience everything, or at least try to. Our physical body is merely a refraction of this light, one of the many forms it can take, based upon it's environment, the forces that shape it.

An analogy that I have found useful in the past is the lightbulb:

The filament, in the middle, where the most energy is, is our soul, as someone has said, this exists in all frequencies at all times it is our anchor to the 'source' and in turn 'the all'. The light closest to the bulb, is what we would consider as percievable light, it is what makes up our universe and in turn the world as we know it, it is physical, this is like the glass of the bulb. But the glass is an effect of the cause, it is only energy, vibrating at a specific frequency, that gives the impression of physicality, it is still light/energy, yet we can percieve and interact with it, aswell as 'it' with the 'physical world', hence the body. The immediate and dissipating glow of the light, coming from the bulb itself, is what I would consider the 'Aura', this is, IMO, where the consciousness resides, it is anchored in the 'physical' (brain) to allow interaction with, and to monitor, the outside world, our world.

May sound crazy, but hey, makes sense to me.

EMM

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
I have stated this on a few other threads, but this is a thread specifically for the idea, so hey.

IMO, we are all just energy, chaotic energy ordered through vibration. IMO, geometry is the key, as varying frequencies have varying geometric shapes, and it is these frequencies that order our world, seperate physical from non physical, the percievable to the unconcievable. This all stems from what we know as 'God', there are alot of different ideas about God, but I will share mine, to explain my view. 'God' is the source of this energy, that creates our world, our universe and all the dimensions they encompass, it is energy, never created, never destroyed, only transformed. So in a sense, everything, is made up of 'God', we are all connected to a 'true' source, we are merely facets of this 'hive mind', seeking individuality, for the good of the individual and the whole.

Kind of puts a new spin on "I am the son of God, you are the children of God"

Now the soul, through my understanding, is an anchor, a focused point of light/energy, in which we experience everything, or at least try to. Our physical body is merely a refraction of this light, one of the many forms it can take, based upon it's environment, the forces that shape it.

An analogy that I have found useful in the past is the lightbulb:

The filament, in the middle, where the most energy is, is our soul, as someone has said, this exists in all frequencies at all times it is our anchor to the 'source' and in turn 'the all'. The light closest to the bulb, is what we would consider as percievable light, it is what makes up our universe and in turn the world as we know it, it is physical, this is like the glass of the bulb. But the glass is an effect of the cause, it is only energy, vibrating at a specific frequency, that gives the impression of physicality, it is still light/energy, yet we can percieve and interact with it, aswell as 'it' with the 'physical world', hence the body. The immediate and dissipating glow of the light, coming from the bulb itself, is what I would consider the 'Aura', this is, IMO, where the consciousness resides, it is anchored in the 'physical' (brain) to allow interaction with, and to monitor, the outside world, our world.

May sound crazy, but hey, makes sense to me.

EMM

Hi yes you have hit the nail on the head with I quote if I may:-

[ Now the soul, through my understanding, is an anchor, a focused point of light/energy, in which we experience everything, or at least try to. Our physical body is merely a refraction of this light, one of the many forms it can take, based upon it's environment, the forces that shape it. ]

This is another way of putting it, but it is also correct....

Thank you once again for your valued writing.

Peace be with you...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It's a concept early humans used to describe that which we now know as the sum of the interactions of the neurons in our brains. It is an anachronistic term people still cling to because of religious or spiritual connotations, regardless of the fact that we know exactly what it is, and that it is 100% biological. It didn't exist before we were born, and it won't exist after we die. It is the same as the light given off by a light-bulb. When you turn the light off (as in when we die), we don't wonder where the light went - we know that the bulb is no longer capable of producing light.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

It is an anachronistic term people still cling to because of religious or spiritual connotations, regardless of the fact that we know exactly what it is, and that it is 100% biological.

I have seen no evidence that conclusively explains this, I see alot of suppositions based on supposed evidence, yet I see no conclusive proof, anythings possible though. There is on the other hand, some interesting studies supposing that this may not be all based in the brain, bit further astray from mainstream ideas, but interesting none the less, maybe not as verified, but certainly getting there, IMO.

It didn't exist before we were born, and it won't exist after we die.

We can't know that for certain.

It is the same as the light given off by a light-bulb. When you turn the light off (as in when we die), we don't wonder where the light went - we know that the bulb is no longer capable of producing light.

Very true, but the potential for that light is still there, it is the breaking of the circuit, that turned off the light, not the ceasing of energy. IMO, this isn't what happens in the universe, it is never 'cut off' only redirected or transformed, hence, reincarnation. The light that is given off by the bulb, ceases to be there, and (outside our analogy) the lightbulb eventually discipates (body decompses), but the energy itself, the fundamental energy, is merely re-expressed and as this energy is not restricted to a particular frequency (vibration, dimension, parallel universe etc), then it can be re-expressed, literally anywhere. But IMO, there is conscious choice where, it is re-expressed.

Sorry if this makes little sense, I was trying to keep with the analogy, whilst trying to explain my PoV.

EMM

[edit on 30-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

[edit on 30-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Matrix, you truly humble me...thank you.

I had no idea (other then in this post) of your experience...I'm thankful that you are here and am so eager to learn whatever you are led to share with us.

I must give thanks to "The Holy One" as is the delight of such to reveal his mysteries in small steps and whose prophesy's truly profit mankind, by shattering every preconceived notion of the power and perfection that is his only to replace such with his benevolent love that is true and not built up on the false religions of the world, nor the doctrines of men, but by the Living Word that calls the Dead to Life and makes it so.

I say this in tears of joy because, by your faith and love for the creator, he has used you to reveal a secret to me, which comes by visions and has plagued my mind as to the meaning for 4 years.

You have NO IDEA how much you just blessed my soul. I am a stranger to you, though not in spirit, but am truly thankful for you and pray the showers of his Joy be none stop on your lot for in being faithful to the truth, you just broke my shackles.

What you described of the "Technology" is almost identical to what comes upon me in vision which is this. In vision, the spirit shows me a crux (traditional cross) with the body of a man upon it which spins like a top at speeds I can not apprehend. It spins and dances, then slows and begins to write out a language I know, but can't remember. Your "geometric" description is perfect in this case, as that is exactly what I see. As I said, I know the language, but I can't remember it. It writes both forward and backward, but only at the times it slows. The presentation of a Y was made to me for nearly two years. I am still puzzled as to it's singular meaning, other then "light body" itself in representation for male..."Remembered".

I have only been hearing and seeing in the spirit 4 years, though I like yourself grew up "Christian", though my father was atheist my mother was non denominational christian and taught me enough that sparked me to know a greater Being.

I grew from there, from 8 to 16 believing, then at 16 (when I could somewhat grasp it) became "Saved". From 16 to 21 "I knew everything" as all teenagers do and was a zealot who destroyed more then I built. After that, I saw to much in the church "not right" while at the same time discovering the world and all it had to offer. So from 21 to 30 I did everything the world could give me...everything I could grab. I became the negative of my previous and by 30 had well eclipsed my "good boy" days.

In my 30th year the spirit called, or I should say beat me black and blue almost to the point of insanity. In this time, every preconceived notion I had ever had about "G-d" or his "Christ" were crucified to death and by his grace resurrected into the truth by the receiving of the true witness.

Thank you for the blessing Matrix...Peace to you and yours

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by science lol

No dude, didn't read the link, quickly googled 21grams and picked one because it's common knowledge. I'm sure other links will argue that scientfic methods have been used to prove it right.

Don't be so dismissive, i didn't write it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join