It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone should buy stock now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I just was thinking that since the stock-market kind of crashed yesterday right now would be the perfect time for non-professional investors to invest in technology-stock. Prices would be low, we'd make money when the stock prices go back up, it would be brilliant.

I just thought I'd offer the tip here on ATS. Those of you who are complaining about the stock-market going down should at least find something positive about it like I did.

I'm going to try to convince my Parents to get technology stock so we can get rich after this is all settled.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

When exactly is all of this going to be settled? You honestly think that the worst is behind us now?

You could be right though, our money is most likely going to be worthless anyways, may as well take a shot at making a profit.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Isn't that the very mindset that got us into this mess in the first place? Cashing in on low low prices and the misfortune of others?

I think we should let it bleed out and count our blessings.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I understand what you're saying but the problem is that the stock market hasn't bottomed out yet. This is only the beginning. But like you said, once the stock market does bottom out, it'll be a good time to pick up stock in some quality corporations on the cheap.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Just for entertainment, let's say you have $10,000 to purchase stock with. What would you buy tomorrow? Write it down so we can watch and see if you would have made money or lost money.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Bad idea chap.

The ban on short selling is about to expire in 2 days time.

The bill cannot be passed today, because of Jewish holidays.

Ergo the stock market will tank like nobody has ever seen it tank before on the 3rd of October (at markets start).

If at all you must buy stock, buy it on the 4th of october.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I agree with the post above, wait just a bit longer before you start buying.

Give it another few weeks or a month to settle down and fully bottom out, then spread your bets and buy a range of stocks from companies that appear to still be reasonably secure.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yes in a few months the stocks will be worth the amount of the paper it's written on,or the paper money for that fact

new topics

top topics

join