It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: We Are Under Martial Law! As Declared By The Speaker Last Night! Rep Burgess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

VIDEO: We Are Under Martial Law! As Declared By The Speaker Last Night! Rep Burgess

www.youtube.com

Rep. Burgess extolls the major problems we are facing now as a nation.

I will post a video link to the C-Span video below...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Remember this is all engineered... for a purpose that serves none of us.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by DisabledVet]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thought you'd like to hear some words from the man many of us consider our REAL PRESIDENT.

I present the President of the United States:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well now. THAT's interesting. Martial Law was declared and we weren't notified???

SOOOO typical. But now... Bush is dictator, n'est pas?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Congressional martial law isn't the martial law everyone is askeered of.
Link

BLANKET MARTIAL LAW RULE THROUGH
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH

To report the martial law rule waiving a requirement of Clause 6(a) of Rule XIII with respect to consideration of any resolution reported from the Rules Committee, through the legislative day of September 29, 2008. It does not apply to any specific measure, but rather grants blanket authority.

This is a CONGRESSIONAL martial law, which is just a procedure to force the bailout bill to hit the floor for votes immediately. I can't be 100% positive, but I believe a similar measure was used to push the Patriot Act through back in '01.

I'm not undermining the concept of CONGRESSIONAL martial law, because that's a whole other issue unto itself in situations like this, but there's no need to panic that we're going to see jackbooted thugs patrolling our streets. Not at this moment, at least.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
That any martial law had to be enacted is definite proof of our governments complete inability to solve or do anything.

They have to FORCE each other to get anything done.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
wow this one is going to be big!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
That any martial law had to be enacted is definite proof of our governments complete inability to solve or do anything.

They have to FORCE each other to get anything done.

I agree 110%, though I'm more alarmed that they tried to FORCE this bill to pass by invoking "martial law."

Regardless, WE'RE not under martial law, and the specific instance of the term is over as of 90 minutes ago, so it's all good for now.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Umm.. Congressional martial law was enacted so that the the Bailout Bill could go to the floor immediately for voting, instead of having to be put on the agenda and then having to wait to vote on it.

This is directed at no one in particular but rather ATS as a whole..

I swear, some of you people are overly paranoid. I bet I could fart and someone on here would create a thread that a hazardous biological agent was released in South Texas...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs
[

This is directed at no one in particular but rather ATS as a whole..

I swear, some of you people are overly paranoid. I bet I could fart and someone on here would create a thread that a hazardous biological agent was released in South Texas...

I mixed this up for you as you look thirsty:

[edit on 30-9-2008 by DisabledVet]

top topics

join