It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is time acellerating?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
hi ramble welcome to ATS and all..........

I have been watching time get shorter and shorter each year I exist....I kid you not. Your not imagining anything.....ITS REAL. Maybe its a phenomenon of aging, as we all get older time seems to speed up......is this common with every single person??? I think so......I think every single human being experiences a speeding up of time as we get older.
I have never come across a real clear explanation of why this is so...yet all of us no matter what color or creed experience this.

It is ACTUALLY going by much faster each year from my point of view I kid you not........seems really like this is normal and how its supposed to be....

I am thinking time has something to do with gravity and with the heat of the sun SOMETHING faster is happening....something is causing this,
(maybe it is all about looking back at things you have a different vision than how you see things now)......ya know, hindsight being 20/20 and all.......
and its a REAL thing.....not imagined as some would hope.

ok I am aware I didnt make much sense but I am trying HARD to explain some phenomenon that is really happening, and the why of it..... and in doing so I come off as quite insane.

Call me crazy and stand in line.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I agree with VLF. It's all about perspective and age.

I saw a show on TV (..yeah I know..) but they took a stopwatch and asked people of different ages to count-off a minute. They noticed that the various age groups seem to be off by about the same amount of time within tehir age group. It's easy to do, go try it out.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

well thanks !...

nudging .. thats somthing i havent thought of very interesting concept though.......
as for whom ? my guess (es).. a higher power? our zoo keepers? our binary brown dwarf that is coming back in to our system nudging the spacetime envelope and efecting the gravity well?
lols there is a tangent to go off of...
thanks again

[edit on 10/8/2008 by ramble]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by estrip

yea me too ! evey one has given some great stuff for me to chew on . now at least i'm no the only one . thanks

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
When life becomes filled with so many things to do in a day, there is never enough time to get it all done...hence the day seems to be shorter than before.

But the same is true with free time, which IMO seems to go by faster.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

thankyou

yea i even have talked to folks older than me that are not experencing the speeding up and younger ones that have.... this is def an event ..

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

but what about the time where your siting doing nothing with nothing on tv ,the net,and your kid is asleep ... it still seems to fly by even in the face of boardome ...?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ramble

I have been studying " time" for several years now. This past month I hit the mother load... Johan Calleman web site on the Mayan calendar. www. calleman.org or com
The actual date is not in 12/2010, but rather in October of the previous year.
Yes, time has been "speeding up", literally. It is not just our human perception. According to many scientists time, in the lineal sense does not exist. Time ishange, as in mechanical change.. planets, sun moon moving etc ... According to the Mayan Elders time will cease in 10/2011.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by semiunknown

Dear River Goddess,
that is a Beautiful (!) picture of the woman with ( advanced) pregnancy in front of an (equally) full ( advanced) moon. Thanks for sharing. And it's certainly germane to the discussion of time. Both representing biological change and.. I believe psychic change.
I was referring to the Mayan "calendar" to all as it is about patterns but not about mechanical ( moon, planets moving) based time.
It is difficult for me to pass on information as it is all so new to me, but i know that it is hugeful significant for us all. I hope to continue this discussion on the ... discussion entitled.. 2012. .. best regards,

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ur only talking coincidence like deja vu. i dont think theres any headline of earth getting close to the sun

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I mad a discovery recently - When comparing the sunrise/set times fo August 30 this year with the same date 1990, I found a 3 minute difference in the amount of daylight available. In fact, the days are shorter or have less light.

I guess you could say the days are "shorter" which would make it seem like time is going faster. In reality, the earth's spin is changing. How, I am not sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its just you. Simplest way to stop it from accelerating. Throw away your watch and ignore all clocks and dates. Its a lot harder to do thaan you think. I still haven't accomplished it completely. Every now and then though I will experience a perfect timeless day. On an even more rare occasion I can experience a complete slowdown of time for a space of a few seconds. Its like time stands still.

Edit--- actually I rediscovered timelessness after I too noticed the speeding up of time or always out of time for everything as I got older. I discovered how truly relative time really is. I have all the time in the world.
My world, myself.

PG

[edit on 3-9-2009 by pizzaguy]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Im glad you bought this up, its been on my mind a lot over the years and even formulated my own theory of why and how this is happening.. Just a theory though..
Jesus said something very interesting to His disciples when discussing the "time of the end." He said that in the end times "time would be shortened for the elects sake or no flesh would be saved."(mathew 24)..
So how is this time shortening done and what is the evidence of this? I think it all boils down to thermodynamics, which can basically be summed up as "energy in a closed system (the universe) can neither be created or destroyed but is transformed from one form to another and ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER".. I think that time itself is thermodynamics in action.. For example, when you light a match it you can see themodynamics changing the matter in to energy (one form to another) and as the match burns its way down you can see it going from one place to another. High preassure has to move to low preasure, hot stuff eventually gets cold and so on so i think time is thermodynamics in action..
But in this end time we can see that even in the planets in our solar system there is planetary "global warming" on all of them that no one has an explanation for.. Our planet too.. And the hotter an object gets the less TIME it has eg if you are set on fire your time gets very short indeed, or the brighter and hotter a star gets the quicker it burns its fuel and dies.. So is this heating of the solar system Gods way of speeding up time for the elects sake? just a thought x

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Birdhale
reply to post by ramble

I have been studying " time" for several years now. This past month I hit the mother load... Johan Calleman web site on the Mayan calendar. www. calleman.org or com
The actual date is not in 12/2010, but rather in October of the previous year.
Yes, time has been "speeding up", literally. It is not just our human perception. According to many scientists time, in the lineal sense does not exist. Time ishange, as in mechanical change.. planets, sun moon moving etc ... According to the Mayan Elders time will cease in 10/2011.

Hi Ramble,
Great find he takes a great approach explaining an alternate (feasible) mayan bak tun endate, although he does not say that time will cease. I believe he likens time to a quantum phenomena and says that the period (mathematically speaking) of time approaches zero at that point.

Evasius I liked your sci-fi short, I must read up on timewave zero.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The best way to slow down time is to look at the clock and stare at it. That is the most effective way.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I thought it slowed down but maybe it's just me. It seems like I can drive to places very quickly.

Right now it's slow but as soon as I get out of here it's gonna be fast

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
A lot of people I've met Have had this thought, most of them were much older by several decades. My conclusion is relativity. You've lived for a longer period of time, one day becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of your life.

I've seen it in myself and friends after driving 24 hours from MA to FL and back. After that every drive you take seems short. A five minute drive or a 3 hour trip to the cape. Because you can go for 24 hours, 30 min is 2.1% 3 hr is 12.5%. A difference of 10.4

If you could only go for 12 hours those it becomes 4.2% and 25% respectively a difference of 20.8

The 3 hour trip in the second scenario feels twice as long as in the first. Our brains are always growing with time, a constant, and viewing a day twice as long when you're 40 than 80.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join