It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India opposes Iran's 'nuclear ambitions'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

India opposes Iran's 'nuclear ambitions'

www.thehindu.com

MARSEILLE: India declared on Monday that it was not appreciative of Iran’s “nuclear weapon ambitions.”

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told a joint press conference of Indian and European journalists after the India-European Union summit that India would not like “another weapon state emerging in our neighbourhood. India was opposed to Iran’s nuclear weapon ambitions.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Looks like the Israel and US has an ally with India in their desire to see Iran's nuclear ambitions curtailed. I tend to think this has a lot to do with recent terrorist activity from various terrorist groups, including islamic ones.

Terrorist, insurgent and extremist groups in India

INDIAN MUJAHIDEEN

UNITED LIBERATION FRONT OF ASOM (ULFA)

MUSLIM UNITED LIBERATION TIGERS OF ASSAM (MULTA)

BODO LIBERATION TIGER FORCE (BLTF)

LASHKAR-E-OMAR

HIZB-UL-MUJAHIDEEN

I get a little nervous when I see a huge country like India starting to raise it's hackles and project it's will around the region.

www.thehindu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Stages are being set for Massive Population Control. As I've stated in other posts

China & Russia are pro Iran and they are # 1 & # 4 on the Highest population list

Then there is

U.S. and India... #2 and # 3 on the list

Afghanistan & Iran are high on the list also... Isn't that Intersting

Now if only the EU gets involved your talking about 3-5billion dead

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh told a joint press conference of Indian and European journalists after the India-European Union summit that India would not like “another weapon state emerging in our neighbourhood. India was opposed to Iran’s nuclear weapon ambitions.”

How can you disagree with that sentiment? *I* personally would not like to see another nuclear-armed nation anywhere on earth. There are too many as it is.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Disagree strongly

Indias involvement would almost certainly assure that niether China nor Russia actually brought Military intervention into the scenario.

Attempting a war to push US troops from the region, in a conventional manner is an achieveable goal for Russia or China or both together.

Having to Fight a land war with India... a Member of Bric changes the entire game.

China who has issues with Islam itself internally would have too choose betwwn a war against American tech Backed by a nation a Billion strong, essentially nullifying the Chinese advantage.

And fight it overIran or Pakistan which really offer China nothing beyond rutine political cornering and chess pawn benefits.

China would not fight that fight, Russia has always had decent realtions with India, likewise, it's a Russian Orthodox religous base in the end, it has little to gain from strong Islamic nations other than... again, cornering and blocking America.

WW3? A fight against India and America Over Pakistan or Iran... Not happening, too much trade for China to loose, Russia could cut off oil to Europe and then who's buying the Oil?

The economic importance of Europe to Russia and America to China is extreme... a land war with India is extreme.

In the end, no one wants America in the region or strong in the region, but India or Iran? China knows like itself India can never be occupied, ditto for Russia it's futile war

Iran will be sacrificed if that choice has to be made.

And a massive depopulation plan is not real, like everything else in the day of the Internet goals and makets and needs are all Niche

Perhaps there are people and nations the powers that be have intentions on, they aren't the people of G8 Nations or Permanent members of the UN security council, not outside so small undesired elements.

No one wants to strip China and India of it's 2 Billion cheap labororers in a time of vertical farms and genetic engineering.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I don't disagree with the sentiment, it just makes me a little apprehensive to see India coming out of it's shell and voicing this opinion on such a contentious issue that Russia and China have both sided against.

It's not like India and China don't have tensions already given their border is disputed.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
How can you disagree with that sentiment? *I* personally would not like to see another nuclear-armed nation anywhere on earth. There are too many as it is.

I agree.
The only country to have used Nuclear weapons, the U.S., should disarm!
I also don't think the Russians want a Nuclear Iran, they just want to curb American influence in the region.

top topics

join