It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Media NLP Danger! READ!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I still don't get this. Am I just a dense fool?

Let's say for the sake of argument, that I protest the bailout plan. I have plenty of reasons, I just don't support it. So then I read an article that says "America to succumb to years of depression if bailout does not pass," I am going to suddenly say "omg... I must support the bailout!" I don't care how subtlely it is worded.... if I do not support it, I do not support it. I am not a carrot, or a rock, or an insect.. I have the ability to reason, and make my own decisions. If you are talking about people on the fence, that's nothing but an attempt to convince folks on the fence. If I am politcal force A, and I want to buy off paper B, to post articles to convince folks that they should support my agenda, that's not the same thing.

If there is one thing I've found, it's that people feel they are right. And when they do, they support their position to the death. And if anyone speaks out against it, they are more than willing to explain why they are wrong. The stronger the opposition, the more adamant someone becomes defending their view. I see it everyday at work, in forums, here.. everywhere.

So no.. I don't really buy this at all. Publications will always spin their agenda, using clever wording. So what? That's not news. If you are solid in your beliefs, it will do nothing to you whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
If there is one thing I've found, it's that people feel they are right. And when they do, they support their position to the death. And if anyone speaks out against it, they are more than willing to explain why they are wrong. The stronger the opposition, the more adamant someone becomes defending their view. I see it everyday at work, in forums, here.. everywhere.

So no.. I don't really buy this at all. Publications will always spin their agenda, using clever wording. So what? That's not news. If you are solid in your beliefs, it will do nothing to you whatsoever.

Oh, granted there are those strong-willed people on this issue. But They (the PTB) have made the whole thing as confusing as possible, so many people are unclear what the results mean. Some are so incapable of thinking, it turns out that they will not even remember that the "rescue plan" was called a "bailout" initially.

And those ones especially are the targets of the "rescue plan" verbiage. Others, like I said, are struggling with the "complexities" (the created confusion) and might have not supported "bailout," but, just as many of us do from time to time, when seeing "rescue" they might change their minds, thinking that THAT term made the "complexities" clearer - it's not that we are rolling our eyes and pulling them from the pit they dug themselves! It's that they stumbled and fell into a hidden pit and we must RESCUE them!

Being helpful, good-hearted souls that they are...they will WANT to RESCUE these poor, hapless robber-barons.

And so, though some of us are solidly aware of the situation and no matter what they call it will NOT support it, a great many will feel that tug on their heartstrings that the loaded term "rescue" has (NLP comes in here as it relies on the invoking of that feeling), and change their minds.

This is what they want.

[edit on 10/2/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
But laws came in to outlaw such, like images of popcorn and soda in frames of a movie to make you want popcorn and soda during the intermissions and many other very effective and scary methods.

This was 1974.
See, you're already a victim of gullibility and suggestion. ONE GUY said that he could use brief image flashes as a subliminal influence. He made up fake tests. He made up fake results. And his lies scared the public so much that laws were passed "just in case" what he was saying was true. But every test in the last 30+ years (with the exception of one recently, which I haven't had a chance to investigate further yet) has shown that such image flashes have no effect on the viewer's subconscious.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

You really seem to know a thing or two about NLP.

You know, with ALL CAP emphasis placed on certain words and phrases. It's a little self-serving, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The media trying to push an agenda by "influencing" my thoughts?

What a novel idea.

I thought that was what they did

every day.

This, um, neural-linguistic programing, or whatever it was you called it, sounds awfully like a very basic psychology thing called media influence. It is called persuasion not "magic mind control".

Most organized persuasion has an agenda backing.

There is no conspiracy, just the news.

Btw, if the illuminatijewsfromthecenteroftheearth are involved, why would they be so sneaky if everyone who believes in them,

and somehow has a shocking amount of what would be classified as very sensitive 'information' on them from 'veritable' (internet conspiracy site) sources,

thinks that they have reverse engineered hyper-super-duper alien technology? Couldn't they just completely mind control you instead of beating around the bush?

"Allright, this is a global holdup.

Now if you don't mind, we the robbers are going to stall around and dance a bit."

No, there is no conspiracy. boo

[edit on 2-10-2008 by newagent89]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

mises.org...

This is a great article.
Check it out.

The idea that freedom is simply a state of mind may sound trifling, especially when considering some of the unimaginable horrors faced by unfree peoples across the globe. But even political freedom cannot be had without a people who keep the spirit of freedom alive within themselves; and if they do, political freedom is often not far behind.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
everybody tells lies, newspapers, are just trying to scare people like they have always done for years. And we actually pay for this!! god what is the world coming to.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I hate to put it so blatantly, but Americans seem to learn the hard way. What would have been best is to deny the bailout and allow the economy to suffer which would force the policies that dictate our economy to be changed for better. Politicians and bureaucrats want a quick fix for the economy, but the economy won't die if the bailout does not pass. The bailout is like a prescription that cures the symptom, but not the illness.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

What about this site. You dont think the elite are looking and laughing on how we through in random ideas around. This site has some truth to it but im sure there are people just acting like they are on this websites side but are just part of the dis info agenda. We need to somehow find people near us and meet in private groups with each other. This website has a huge target just by the name of it. Come on guys on im some of sides and we need to do something about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by althea041724
Just as a refresher, the thread regarding FAUX News on ATS is here

What does Fox News have to do with this?

Fox was one of the few media sources stating that it was NOT a done deal. They had numerous interviews with Congressmen saying that they were nowhere near a deal and to keep pressuring your local Congressmen to NOT vote for the bailout bill.

So please take your FAUX outrage elsewhere.

I agree with the OP that the MSM no longer reports the truth and that they are no longer independent of the political system.

Because of this fact regarding the MSM, I know my vote for McCain is the correct choice considering the MSM is in love with Obama and will do & say anything and ignore any facts in order to get Obama elected.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You guys are very aware. Brilliant deductions. Check out FHU.COM and your fears will be confirmed.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Very funny - you say that NLP is bad but you are actually using it in your article to persuade the reader to think otherwise!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
[edit on 24-11-2008 by smokehouseslim]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Wait a second here...Do you mean that Paul McCartney really didn't write a love song for his ex-wife Heather, called "Let it Nub" ? What is the world coming to, when you can't trust "Entertainement Tonight" ? EGADS!!!!! this must also mean that McDonalds didn't really bring back the "McRib" I am flabbergasted!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Number of years back i got rid of television and i never buy news papers. Acquire my news by viewing Internet sources and can now add this website.

Not only did i remove a heavy weight from my shoulders, i felt relaxed and destressed...learn to think for yourself!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well I pretty much trust the Chefs over at the Food Network, I mean exactly how dangerous is a recipe for a Buerre Blanc sauce?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Absolutly wonderful thread. This is something that has always interested me, and its not surprising- never was a surprise to me. I noticed this to, just like when Obama had won the election before anyone voted. Its like people are too afraid to follow their own instincts anymore and rely on the tv or their friends to tell them what to think, feel, how to react etc. This is a country of followers and as such makes us (in general) succeptable to such underhanded schemes. If you think something is already destined to be you either give up, jump on the band wagon(the most popular, and I feel that there will be some sort of equally underhanded deals going on with myspace and facebook since sooooo many ignorant people are constanly on these like digital meth. Not everyone on these is ignorant, Im ashamed to admit that I also have a Facebook. I dont really use or check it but the reality is its there. They know where youll be so the advertisement will be selective, if your on there a lot-this is the only option you have, this is the only viewpoint you have, this-sadly, will be the only motivator you have to buy , vote , or sign up for another account on another assimilation site.

'bout one wooden nickles' worth of opinion flapping in the wind here, but thats how I feel.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

True, turn on Closed Caption CC. These Faux commentators slip strange remarks or talking points into discussion, sometime Freudian slips which are not followed up on.

"I'm a Jew Zionist, I hope you are not anti-semetic"(Dick Morris says to Hannity 2x) Hannity does not respond, seems stunned that Zionist came out of his mouth, and that guest was smearing Hannity with his own associations , while Hannity was smearing Obama's associations and implying guilt by associations. Hannity was angry, Colmes had to tell Hannity to "Shut up !" when guest explained that Fox sponsers would be interested that he invites anti-semites to voice their opinions on his show.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have been saying this for a long time and so has many other ATS members.

I am very wary of the use of subliminal techniques used by media to influence.

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Think about whatever stimuli is in your reality and how it makes you feel.

Stimuli and your Reality

It is well known that the human brain generates periodic electrical signals, commonly referred to as "brain waves." These brain waves range in frequency from about 1 Hz to about 36 Hz and, for ease of reference, are commonly divided into four or more groups. "Beta" waves (12 to 36 Hz) tend to dominate in the brain during normal waking activity; "Alpha" waves (8 to 12 Hz) have been discovered to occur most frequently when the person is relaxed; "Theta" waves (4 to 7 Hz) are most common during periods of sleep or deep meditation and also occur during periods of learning or memory recall; and "Delta" waves (1 to 4 Hz) appear most frequently during periods of the deepest sleep. These ranges of frequencies are approximate, but in general, the dominate brain wave frequency increases with increasing mental activity.

Experiments have indicated that when light is repeatedly flashed into the eyes of a subject within this frequency band, the brain waves of the subject tend to assume the frequency of the flashing light. It has also been discovered that such "synchronization" of brain waves may lead to brain seizures in epileptics or in other people who have a history of brain seizures.

On the other hand, experiments have demonstrated that pulsating light and sound can induce a synchronized pattern of brain waves. There is, furthermore, evidence to indicate that by inducing a subject's brain waves to come within the Alpha range, the subject at least will be able to relax better, and may even be able to learn more quickly and permanently. Many researchers also report that a subject whose brain waves are caused to synchronize within the Alpha range or lower are better able to receive subliminal or audible audio messages.Patent

Entrainment

NB: The process of entrainment relies on external stimuli which can “guide” the brain into various levels of consciousness by influencing the frequency of the brainwaves

Research continues at The Monroe Institute, particularly in the realms of higher consciousness, connections to non-physical realities, and various healing applications. It is fascinating to speculate what the future holds for this whole brain guidance technology

It has also been observed that sensory stimulation has specific effects on the EEG. These include both evoked potentials (signals that are introduced into the EEG due to the stimulation) and extinction phenomena (signals that are removed from the EEG due to the stimulation). In particular, the theta wave can be reduced by a stimulus that produces an alerting or re-orienting response. Such a stimulus has the effect of startling or alerting the brain, and can be presented in such a manner that endogenous rhythms (including theta and alpha) are extinguished, at least temporarily, by the presentation of the stimulation.US Patent 6931275 - System for reduction of undesirable brain wave patterns using selective photic stimulation

Visual stimuli can also be used to change brainwave patterns. It basically works on the same principal as the auditory method, where a stimulus is at a certain frequency and the brainwaves change to match this frequency. If you see a light flashing at 20Hz, then your brainwaves will start to follow
Brain States and How to Induce Them

From analysis of the seven subjects in whom the alpha waves were clearly observed, when comparing the final session with the first, results indicated a decrease in the subjective rating scores of "consciousness" and "concentration", an increase in "fatigue", and delay in reaction time, thereby suggesting a difference in the subjective and behavioral arousal level between sessions. Then, from comparison of these sessions, as a result of the analysis of EEG prior to the response demand stimulus, the peak frequency in alpha wave band decreased in the parietal region, and the theta2 and alphal band power increased over nearly the entire scalp region, in the reaction time delay session. Moreover, the frequency fluctuation in alpha wave band tended to disappear. In conclusion, these characteristics of EEG provide clues to develop a simple and objective method for evaluating the arousal level in future.Science links Japan

Hopefully, I have illustrated how our brain waves, that determine our level of consciousness or unconsciousness in our reality can be manipulated and guided?

Experimental testing of information processing capacity in 10 subjects while in either normal or hypnotic states has shown a clear cut difference in the speed of data processing and visual perception thresholds. Subjects were not able to recognize and name the visual stimuli appearing on a computer screen in less than 20 ms while in a normal state. But they were able to perceive stimuli lasting 5 to 15 ms when in the hypnotic state. Subjects were also able to complete a mathematical task while in a hypnotic state in only 15 seconds -- a task that usually requires 15 minutes when in the 'normal' awake state of consciousness (6).Neural Networks, Brainwaves, And Ionic Structures: A Biophysical Model For Altered States Of Consciousness

Subliminal Messages

The word "subliminal" refers to information perceived below the level of conscious awareness. The messages provided by-pass conscious mind and go directly to the subconscious.

Subliminal stimulation of the subconscious mind first came to the attention of the general public in 1957 when market researcher James Vicary conducted a controversial research experiment in a Fort Lee, New Jersey, movie theater. In this well-publicized experiment, the subliminal messages, Hungry? Eat popcorn. Thirsty? Drink Coca-Cola, were flashed on a movie screen every five seconds, for a duration of only a fraction of a second between frames of the Kim Novak movie, Picnic. The results that were reported were that there was a dramatic increase in the sales of popcorn and cola.
Subliminal Messages Research

NB This research is very informative:

Included in Dixon's authoritative work is a research study by Zuckerman (1960), that revealed a subliminal stimulus can by-pass conscious intent, and that it makes it unlikely a person would resist instructions which are not consciously experienced.
Subliminal Research

However, as soon as they [the subliminal messages] were able to be perceived consciously, the messages had no consistent effect.

What does this tell us? As soon as we become aware or conscious of the subliminal, the subliminal has no effect!

Perhaps this is nothing to even worry about?
All I can say, is that I am very careful of stimuli in my various realities because I am conscious and I wish to remain in a conscious state

Realities, Transitions & the Shift in Consciousness

starred & flagged

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join