It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Media NLP Danger! READ!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Dude, As a former journalist and as someone who taught at the nation's top journalism school, I can assure you that there is no such programming. Many members of the media, especially the Washington and NY elite are so out of touch with the average citizen and reality that they often get it wrong. The reason the plan failed is because some of the lawmakers are vulnerable and fear they may get defeated in November if they support the plan.
Also, it is important to note that many of these well-paid journos have portfolios that took a hit and they are obviously upset and support the bailout, so are the media giants because it affects their bottom line.
In the end, the bailout plan failed because it was not a good one and because too many citizens called their lawmakers to oppose it.
I don't know about conspiracies, but I can tell you that even a blind dog working on wall street saw this coming. While the plan was defeated, the issue is not over and will resurface in the next 7 days or sooner.
I do not support the plan -- I prefer to help struggling families hurting over mortgage interest payments, than bailing out wall street firms. I also think that the FDIC should increase its coverage to $500,000 per person and $1million per couple, instead of the meager $100,000 and $250,00 rates. If we are serious about helping the economy, there is no other way to secure and win over the hearts and mind of the American public
-girl from the 'hood

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I didn't read all the posts but I did read most of the first page. I am just a little surprised at how many people are surprised by the OP. I thought this was all common knowledge by now. As one member stated " your preaching to the choir". I guess its a good reminder though.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hmmm... It's a good thing I haven' had a television for over 8 years now isn't it...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
A long time ago some of us at work began comparing notes on television and television programming. IN particular back then we began to get critical of CNN news. We, in mockery, began dubbing it Chicken Noodle News. But we came to realize over time that all the media outlets are doing it. We were not aware of the concept of Neurological Linguistic Programming/NLP.

I only recently watched the videos on NLP concerning Fox News and particularly Sean Hannity. For some years now I have been disgusted with Sean Hannity not because I was aware of NLP but simply because of the rudeness with which he often handled certain guests on that program. I wanted to hear what they were saying...without interruption such that I could decide for myself. It got to be such a dog and pony show specializing in rudeness...I simply no longer watch him or Alan Colmes. What I realized after watching the NLP video posted here on ATS...is that Alan Colmes is the straight guy to Sean Hannity under the guise of being liberal. I actually like the good manners of Alan Colmes better than Hannity but got disgusted with the whole set up some years ago. I no longer watch it ..especially since watching the NLP video..and observe most news media through the NLP view.

I have also concluded that almost all of the media is nothing more than a cheerleading section...shilling for their various candidates and political partys. They will sell the souls of the American Public for votes and use lies and deception to accomplish this....just exactly as will the political partys. The media is simply an extension of the political party process. No difference...almost all of the media.
I have also concluded that most of public education is in the same boat as it too is financed by the body politic...and for political reasons. It will be up to us individually to teach and learn to cut the chords on this type of programmed thinking.

I am also dubious about much of what I read on this computer concerning news and informations.
Of late I have been listening to a small portable short wave set for news from foreign countrys when they broadcast in English. Here too you must be careful for the bias and programming. This is a result of becoming so disgusted with the news and election rhetoric from both partys and candidates.

Great post by the OP here..

Thanks to all,
Orangetom

[edit on 30-9-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I used to be glued in the news in the past 15 years until I sensed this past 8 years that all of it started to be biased. Thanks to OP that it is really time not to patronize the media including their offshoot business subsidies like Microsoft. With all the money that Bill Gates made in the world, he needs to contribute and responsible for the authenticity of the media and be concerned to the welfare of the people and our beloved USA. Where is his patriotism?

I think I will start patonizing other Operating Systems. Any suggestions?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I got my news that the bail out shall not go through through 2pac. All the news I saw on forums I knew was B.S. along with whatever source they had. So I ignored the B.S.

But glad to see I aint the only noticing.

Nothing can bypass what a prophet say. And what I said did come true. Think of all the foes that dont like seeing a prophet succeed with actual words. Those are the betrayors and devils being two.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Personal point of view:

Im alway checking differents sources in matter of "news" because i know the Medias are alway the lackeys of the current Governements, its a fact .

Most Informations sources are just liying to keep moneys and funds they gain by propagating the Gov lies.....

why they would say no for for the money and all the benefits they can gain by propagating disinformation ?

of course Medias are alway changing sides when the right moment is comming...

of course...

Slavery is Freedom, War is Peace , Ignorance is strenght

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Linux it an open source OS. Its really easy to use and the best thing is it's free.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I sat down to watch the Faux news and CommiNN most of the night just to see what they would say and I was amazed at the scare tactics used by these MSM outlets. Even on the Web your seeing authors writing opinions not news......If citizens dont understand this bill It wont take much to sway their opinion on the matter. Citizens need to take it upon themselves to find the real stories, not some edited bogus propaganda that is stuffed down our throat in 10 min intervals.

THANK GOD FOR 24/7 CABLES NEWS OUTLETS

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Alferd Packer]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Yep, completely agree. I had to do that myself at my previous job (they had to lay me off as well as my whole dept.) and if you asked my wife, she'd tell you that I was constantly depressed in that job because I was being told to do something I did not enjoy and that I was constantly trying to get them to move me from the sales dept. to the customer service dept. instead. Because I wanted to help out our customers, but in the sales dept. it almost felt like it was always an "us v. them" a race to see who can confuse the customer the most so they can buy, and that always got on my nerves, I hated it, I did it only because it was the only job I could find at the time that paid well enough. Now that the whole dept. got laid off, maybe I'll be able to find a more suitable job where I can help people instead of being put in a "fight of words" to see who can confuse or outright lie to the customer in order to sell.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak
NUMEROUS major news outlets including Yahoo at the end of the weekend reported that the final talks are finishing up as the bill is expected to pass early monday. In fact the bailout bill was never truly that definitively close to passing. What the media is doing is they are programming your mind to think that it's a done deal so that YOU WILL CEASE RESISTANCE AND FACILITATE THEM IN THEIR HEINOUS THEFT.

Let me repeat it again for those uncertain of what I'm saying, the media is using neuro linguistic programming techniques MORE and MORE to make you think certain events are either a done deal or others never occurred.
NUMEROUS NEWS OUTLETS reported that the bill will easily pass on monday and in fact it was brutally rejected.

First of all, you're going way over the top with the drama. Here, allow me to pick apart your arguments and inject some much-needed common sense:

You said: "NUMEROUS NEWS OUTLETS reported that the bill will easily pass on monday and in fact it was brutally rejected."

The reality: The bill was expected to be passed and the media reported this because that's what they were told by their contacts in congress. In fact, the bill was NOT "brutally" rejected at all. It passed in the senate and BARELY failed in the House of Representatives by a slim margin of 12 votes. (www.nytimes.com...)

You said: "What the media is doing is they are programming your mind to think that it's a done deal so that YOU WILL CEASE RESISTANCE AND FACILITATE THEM IN THEIR HEINOUS THEFT"

The reality: What the media is doing is reporting the news and making assumptions based on what the experts in Congress are telling them. Reporters ask the hard questions - is it going to pass or not? Of course no one has a 100$ accurate answer to that question, so they ask the so-called experts to give their best opinion. Based on their opinions, the media reports that the bailout is LIKELY to happen.

I challenge you to find ONE, just ONE story and link it from Sept. 28, 27 or 26th from any reputable media source that says the bailout will definately happen - not quoting someone that says the bailout will happen - but where the story says the bailout will happen without a doubt.

You won't be able to because any media outlet making this statement would be guessing the future without certainty.

What I find amazing is that you, with your heightened sense of drama and BS can get so many ignorant people to star this stupid thread and give any credibility that this is all some massive media conspiracy to get people to shut the hell up and that they have no effect on present events.

Here. I'm going to do something PRODUCTIVE with this thread. Here's the link to contact your Congressperson in the House of Representatives. Tell them how you feel about the bailout and stress your position on it. I would advise you to leave the conspiracy crap about the media out of your correspondence to them.

forms.house.gov...

[edit on 30-9-2008 by sos37]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is EXACTLY what Chomsky has been talking about for YEARS!!!!

It's the "Manufacture of Consent"!

Long live the wise words of CHOMSKY!!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
I noticed how several media outlets either pushed this bill as a necessity (CNN) or even reported it as past when it wasn't (Ian Punnett, Coast to Coast).

Not on this side of the ocean. A professor in Economics in Holland declared the "bail out"' as a not very smart move. He said that it would be smarter to let people "buy" into the fragil companies, give them stocks for their money, instead of just "stealing" their money. Our government did buy stocks of the Fortis bank when the stocks dropped, so regulating the stocks and keeping the bank up, this way you can make money in the long run. The stocks rose again with 8 % the day after.
Of course in the US something like this will also be seen as a communist way of dealing with economics.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Does this mean the radio too?
I've starting listening to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
Is it possible they are doing this also?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Great post! It couldn't be any more true! The media is even making outrageous claims in Canada that this sick bill is what's needed for America, and if Americans don't vote for this vile bill, Canada will suffer an depression too!

How's that for a threat?

The gloves are off, We are indeed at an important crossroads in this point in history where the scales of power may tip over to some of the most evil and corrupt power masters of this planet. We must tip it to our side!

KEEP UP THE FIGHT!!! This won't be over any time soon, there will be many battles to fight until the war on our hearts and minds is over and until the power players lose their standing in the world. We must retake Earth and be masters of our own destinies.

And if the power masters realize that they have failed, they might rage out big time in a last ditch attempt to control America. For them, It must happen soon. Their grip on power is slipping away quickly.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Some of us have known for a LONG time that the MSM doesn't tell the truth.

What's new?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I very much agree with this... be very careful people. Things are much more serious than they seem at first.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

EVERYONE MUST BE AWARE of this truly heinous and disgusting neural programming that is OCCURING RIGHT NOW.

Yes. I have to agree.

But instead of screaming Oh-God-The-Media-Is-Using-NLP-On-Us - go and learn NLP yourself.

NLP is other word for mind control.

If they use NLP against you, you will have to learn NLP and use it against them.

It's as simple as that.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
all of you people should make sure you don't get locked in just communicating on this site. It is vital that everything discussed in here does not stay only within here. Otherwise, it would be like being concentration camped... and the miradors are invisible... don't forget physical ink, and publis places, where fleshy beings usually are... Resistance is a body concept...
From France

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Looking4LikeMindz

star's and flag this man here, i agree to your comment on how the higher up's are not really evil but more greedy and they know they can do this kind of things to us people because they can. I'm glad you notice how much of us people down here are asleep and some are now just waking up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join