It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YellowStone on CBS Evening News any Minute...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They are going to have a segment about Yellowstone on the CBS Evening News before the end of the show tonight. That's in less then 26 minutes.

6:30 to 7:00 pm eastern

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Its coming on in 90 seconds or so after commercial break, this ought to be interesting as its been such an issue here at ATS.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

from Dr. Lisa Morgan:
There is a identified significant bulge under the lake measuring approxly. 7 football fields long...

from Dr. Hessler (sp)
There is a potential for a hydorthermic explosions due to the uncertain volatile-ness of the Yellowstone Park area

seekerof

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They(CBS) showed Rense as an internet source, that sucks, I think ATS has a much more considered and balanced view on the information.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
damn cbs...they showed rense and other sites but they couldn't show ATS????

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
can you brief me on this yellowstone thing energy ???
id like to know what its about ???
thank you

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Gimmie a sec':

Billings Gazette on ATSNN's USGS interview
Explosive situation in Yellowstone

Just to name a few.
An ATS search will reveal more.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Dr. Hessler said something like the last time it blew 13,000 years ago, it only erupted over a five mile area?

That is total bull, It spread over North America!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
EW, I was thinking that same thing and how the sheeple will discount the ramifications of a cauldera type eruption, seems to me that the correct area effected is the entire western half of the U.S. if the wind is not in a winter time jet.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Don't you guys feel vindicated....just a tad?
I've been kept fully abreast of what's happening
in Yellowstone because of this site's powerful
analysis of the situation. Even though I just
joined ATS last month, I was able to go back
to read the threads right from the beginning.

Grrrrreat work, people.

Thank you.

JON

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I've heard estimates of 2/3 of the US severely affected and a large portion of the world to varying degrees. Hows the EastCoast (specificaly NJ going to be affected).

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Seriously, I think ATS got screwed as an internet source, and we all know CBS probably used us as a primary source of information.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Found this many months ago....
Scientists warn of supervolcano that could blot out the Sun and bring a global winter

The Yellowstone supervolcano has erupted regularly over the past 2 million years at intervals of about 600,000 years. The last time was about 640,000 years ago, making another eruption "imminent" in geological time.

Not "hyping" this but just pointing out one of many little tidbits of interest.

seekerof

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JON
I've heard estimates of 2/3 of the US severely affected and a large portion of the world to varying degrees. Hows the EastCoast (specificaly NJ going to be affected).

it would depend on where it blew and more importantly where the winds blew everything.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think we all should let CBS know just what we thought about their take on Yellowstone. I think they are trying to downplay the enormus danger there.

Click this link and follow the feedback link at the bottom of page.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Rense......

This is going to sound odd, but I hope/pray to god, allah, gaia,et al, that the Lake DOES errupt. There will be fallout but it would also postpone a cauldron-wide erruption. As detailed in the Research Project, the Lake is a sub-cauldron that errupts on a regular cycle, 32,000 years (I think ..) within the cauldron-wide cycle of 600,000.

top topics

join