It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we happy? Things might get worse now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I am happy because my representative Brad Sherman (Democrat) actually voted against the bill, I feel represented for the first time. This bill would pass the debt to my generation and only serve as life support for a broken system that needs to die.

I realize that things are going to get tight. It's already the case for my family. Three generations are living in the same household. My grandparents are retired, my father is unemployed and I am as well.

My parents purchased their first home (a condo) in 2000 for $116,000; a reasonable price for Los Angeles and the payments were well within the family's budget. Due to an average credit rating my parents were left with no choice but an adjustable rate mortgage which they were assured would not climb to astronomical levels. After 9/11 my father's could no longer make a living selling manufacturing CAD/CAM software, the manufacturing industry tightened its belt and laid off many workers. The home was foreclosed upon in the spring of 2007 and now my parents are living in a RV in the backyard of my grandparents house.

I've been a machinist since the age of 16, I've been attending college to obtain a degree in journalism. In the meantime I have been trying to find work as a machinist (second shift) but my efforts have been fruitless. I have never had a problem finding a job in the past.

I am happy because I, as well as my family, have learned to let go of materialism and we are happier and experience less stress as a result. I am happy because I feel that this 'crisis' may provide an opportunity for Americans to break free of consumerism and rediscover what really matters in life.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Let me ask the OP a question. Was the money going to be used to PAY OFF PEOPLE'S MORTGAGES, or was it going to go directly into the pockets of the people running those companies, and to the pockets of shareholders?

I don't know, I'm new to this. Do you have the answer?

You need to go to Google Video and look up Aaron Russo, and watch his documentary 'From Freedom To Fascism'. To answer your question in short, yes we are feeding it straight into the black hole coffers of the elite.

Please realise the Federal Reserve is not run by the government, it is PRIVATELY-OWNED - by the Rothschilds. People NEED to know how corrupt the whole system is (a system we don't bat an eyelid at), and understand why it needs to come crashing down for a new beginning. It annoys me when our local New Zealand tv news media keep saying the Bailout not going through was a bad thing. They have absolutely no idea.

Also, THIS highly prophetic documentary made in 1995 is the most important video you will ever watch in your life. It's 3 and a half hours long, but it flies by and if it was say an hour, people would complain it's not in depth enough. It explains the corruption and deception. It plots the history of banking in America and how the Federal Reserve came into being. It was called the Federal Reserve for a reason - to deceive - it is not Federal, and there are no reserves. It will amaze and sicken you, and it's only the tip of the iceberg. This is not a conspiracy doco, it's a history and economics doco, and speaks in plain English. You MUST watch it to understand what is happening.

Just to add, the latest release from Benjamin Fulford: www.rense.com...

The United States is about to go bankrupt. What happens next depends on the American people. We could either have World War 3 accompanied by genocide or World Peace followed by an era of unprecedented prosperity.

Once the American people are free, a cornucopia of SF-like wondrous technology that has been kept in the hands of the secret government will be made available to humanity as a whole. Multiple US government sources tell me these technologies include free energy, warp-speed space travel, star-gate portals and more. As long as humanity ends its war-like ways and stops it ceaseless tribal warfare, it will enter an era so wonderful that nothing before, except perhaps the Cambrian explosion, will compare. Americans now hold the future of humanity in their hands. What will it be: death and horror or freedom in a new golden age? What happens in the next few weeks will determine what happens over the next several billion years. We will either be allowed to expand exponentially out into the universe or we will be once again reduced to a primitive miserable state locked on the surface of a tiny vulnerable planet. People of America, the eyes of the world are now on you.

A very interesting summation of what may be in store for us all - a choice! Huge choices to make in the coming weeks!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by RiotComing]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join