It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird weather radar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed or have an explaination for the weird things that happen on radar such as a grid of circular rain clouds. Sometimes you see rings or odd blips. I am was not sure what subforum to put this in so change it if you think of better. The conspiracy would be that these odd returns are evidence of HAARP/SDI defense and or mind control waves. Are their any weather people here?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Could you please point out what you are noticing in the radar? Is there anyone else on the boards who may be able to confirm something that isn't standard in this type of radar or any website that shows normal vs anomalous activitiy?

I've always been interested in people who say they see things in radar so I'm just looking to learn more about this topic.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

If you are familiar with weather radar than you will know that it can more or less see the rain falling over a given area of land. On the radar image I have posted here and in the OP one can see a series of green splotches in a rough pattern matrix. It is this roughly grid type pattern that I was curious about.

BTW: I was kidding about the mind control waves as I have no evidence of that.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here's something I saw a while back. Maybe nothing.....
Strange anomoly
Also, if you look at the radars, do you notice that most ALL rain formations are on big intersections of highways?(Where they intersect)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
At least some of those could be caused by chaff used by the military during training. Chaff appears on weather radar as a huge rainstorm, usually with a lot of yellows and reds, and can cover a large area. Once the chaff cloud dissipates, it disappears off the radar again.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well that's comforting. We are just being chaffed. I guess it would make sence that the grid of spots are the radars themselves but what the heck are they seeing that this doesn't turn up at daytime so much?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Not all training goes on during the daytime. There's a LOT that happens at night as well. But the "spots" aren't the radars themselves. They just happen to be what's being picked up by the radar. It would make sense if they were chaff clouds, because that's how they would appear when they were dropped from the planes. They start out small, and then appear as a "puff" on radar that's much bigger than it really is.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I saw this a week or so ago. I didn't think anyone would believe it. So I saved the images. It is truely weird.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just a head up,

I sent a u2u to Ozweatherman to have a looksie at your radar posts.

And, if the military is that active, the CTs might be right about tomorrow being a declaration of martial law after this close-call economic false flag operation averted today. That's a lotta chaff...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Where did you save the i mage from? They look like Paintbrush spotches... I don't think *you* did this but I wonder if someone could have edited the image, if it isn't from the real-time radar, for giggles?

I'm not doubting you... I just try to rule out the mundane first...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've been noticing these radar patterns all summer. In my opinion (I'm not a meteorologist, just a weather geek) it appears to be caused by a temperature inversion. The radar signals are ducting within a layer of warm air above a layer of colder air nearer the earth's surface. This is typical during summer months, and for the most part happens during daylight hours.

Ham radio operators love inversions as they result in greater propogation of VHF
and UHF signals, allowing for contacts over greater distances.

Keep watching, I expect that the 'popcorn effect' will disappear as we move into the fall and winter months here in the northern hemisphere.

BTW, if you overlaid the image you posted against the location of the NWS doppler sites you would see each puff ball centered over the radar site.

edited for spelling

[edit on 29-9-2008 by jankopernik]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jankopernik

BTW, if you overlaid the image you posted against the location of the NWS doppler sites you would see each puff ball centered over the radar site.

It's not really a "BTW". This is the cause of the "pattern".

Each Nexrad site has a range of about 140 miles. The reason there appears to be a gridded pattern is that the rain outside of the range of any site does not appear. All you see is rain (or more accurately, reflectivity) within the range of the Nexrad sites.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The rain would be picked up by all the radars and stiched into one green cloud so you do not see the cottonball affect. The national weather service and the Wunderground sites show similar radar images but I just notices that one in the northeast went blank.

EDIT: might be migrating birds?

However, during the peaks of the bird migration seasons, in April and early September, extensive areas of the south-central U.S. may be covered by such echoes. Finally, aircraft often appear as "point targets" far from the radar, particularly in composite reflectivity images.

National Weather Service Radar FAQ page

[edit on 9/29/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

The point is that each station has a limited range. There is not 100% coverage. Unless there is heavy rainfall only a smallish area around each station show any returns. There is no data to stitch.

As jankopernik pointed out, compare the puffballs with the radar locations. It is no coincidence that they are in the same locations.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I look at weather watch radar every day for a job

Im sorry but I can't see anything unusual about the images that were posted

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The green "clouds" do not look as digitized as the image posted. What the "clouds" the OP resembles is the SprayPaint tool in MS Paint.

My half-assed attempt

And I'm not saying in anyway way shape or form that the OP did what I assumed. Anybody could.

But these are just my two cents.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

top topics

join