It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain cancels campaign then points finger at Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
After reading the latest headlines on the bailout, and the finger pointing at the failure of the bailout and its not passing, I'm disappointed in McCain's immature finger pointing at Obama.

When the McCain administration says that is is canceling its campaign and then points the finger at Obama, I think we can all agree that this is a tactic of an over all strategy to sling mud.

www.reuters.com...

McCain

McCain said last week he would put his campaign on hold in order to help craft a deal and threatened not to participate in Friday's debate, although he eventually relented. But Democrats noted he had not brought enough Republicans on board to win passage.

John McCain

put my campaign on hold for a couple days last week to fight ...

"Senator Obama took a very different approach to the crisis our country faced," he continued. "At first he didn't want to get involved. Then he was 'monitoring the situation.' That's not leadership, that's watching from the sidelines."

My advise, as a citizen is this: If you cancel your campaign, then dont comment on the campaign or your competitor and do your job. Simple as that. When you cancel your campaign, and then comment on your competitor, then you appear to be exercising a tactic, and are not true to your word.

Peace

[edit on 29-9-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
John McCain did this just as a political stunt to make Obama look bad.

He knew it would fail.

So he canceled his campaign, and, blamed Obama... hoping people would feel sorry for him.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don`t agree with what McCain did, a campaign is part of the democratic process and it can`t be stopped under any circumstances. But I agree with this:

"Senator Obama took a very different approach to the crisis our country faced," he continued. "At first he didn't want to get involved. Then he was 'monitoring the situation.' That's not leadership, that's watching from the sidelines."

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Actually, monitoring a situation is preferable to knee jerk reactions every time something comes up, IMO.

There seem to be several congressmen who are quite involved with the issue, from day one, and who are much more knowledgeable and experienced when dealing with financial matters, than either of the candidates.

Jumping in to save the day, which was just one of McCain's knee jerks lately, as apposed to letting people who know what they're doing do their jobs is the approach that makes the most sense to me.

Both candidates were invited to, and attended, a meeting at the White House to be briefed and given the opportunity to offer their opinions and ask questions.

That should be where it ends as far as direct involvement is concerned. Any opinion, stand, or suggestions that the candidates may have are duly welcomed. As candidates, not saviors.

new topics

top topics

join