It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunbeam Tiger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Today, I came out of my favorite restaurant and saw this Sunbeam Tiger in the parking lot. I wish I'd had my real camera with me. These phone camera pictures will have to do.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I thought that the 4 cylinder Alpine was cool, even if under powered, but when the 260 Ford powered Tiger came out I was very impressed. They decided that the 289 C.I. motor was too much due to wheel spin issues from the tiny 13" wheels. Those are great pictures of an obviously beautiful car.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The car pictured has a 302 badge on it. I wonder if it has a 302 under the hood.

[edit on 2008/9/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It wouldn't have been a difficult swap, but the 302 badge just looks so right on this car that I can't help wondering if it came that way. They might have geared them up and gone to the 302s in the later production cars. I was an Austin Healey owner when these things were introduced and two of those things and numerous British Motorcycles stifled my interest in all things British with wheels. I must admit that when they weren't having to be wrenched on, they were fabulous.

new topics

top topics

join