It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to Make Statement on Financial Crisis in the Morning - Will He Use Executive Powers?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
The Democrats won't pass this bill because they know it won't work, and if they actually wanted to pass it they could, but of course with the election ahead of us they do not want to look like the party that bankrupted Main Street.

Erm yeah....
the majority vote was from the Democrats

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm sure this has been said already, but I feel that these crooks are going to affect the markets with big, controlled losses in order to get America in a mass panic to pass this bill. They can afford to lose money, (unless they're just shifting the stocks around) in order to create market panic. Personally, I don't trust them. Besides, after the failure of this bill, it was to be expected to see a large fall in the DOW.

It's like, "see, we told you that this would happen if you didn't pass the bill. Now look at the markets, America, look what YOU did. Now, can we get this bill passed already so we 'fix' this mess?".... I think it's a ploy.

Now our CINC is a lame duck and they'll have no more use for him, especially if he can't get this bill passed. I'd pay to have been a fly on the wall during some of these conversations over the past week on him telling his buds how he'd been trying to get America on board, but they wouldn't listen.

I expect the market to eventually crash, but not yet. What I worry about most is with the falling value of the US Dollar, that they decide to take the price per barrel of oil off of the dollar and move it to a more stable, EURO. Then we're REAL in trouble.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
As a canuck I'm not sure is the pResident has the power to overrule congress.

Anyone?

The President has a few powers over Congress, but not much.. just like Congress has a few powers over the President, but not much, and the Judicial branch has powers over both, but not much, and Legislature and Executive branches have power over the Judicial branch, but not much..

Get where I am going?

The President CANNOT use Executive orders to pass billing..

He CANNOT use them to over ride Congress..

He CAN use them for executive decisions, amendments to bills passed (which is where most of the orders originate in Bush's case)

There is NO power granting the President Executive Order capabilities.. it's essential the representation of the "executiv-ness" of the Executive Branch.

The Court system CAN and HAS (in two known cases) over turned Executive Orders..

Congress is the only entity allowed to create a budget, and authorize printing of money..

Bush cannot do this, it is not within executive power range..

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I suppose if I wanted to control half the US real estate and financial asset base....... I, Rothschild and 'associates' (after instructing my Fed. Reserve Board), will create a Dot-com market mania then crash the market taking the sucker shareholder (surfs) hard earned savings.....then offer easy credit by lowering the Federal Funds rate to 1%to 2% encouraging every US bank to borrow money from me (the private international bankster) ....then I promote a free money campaing to surfdom...then watch them salivate on their newfound wealth....then I teach them how to be greedy with my media...encouraging them to take out second mortgages or refinanced debt to wipe out any remaining equity they have in their house.....then I encourage 'my' brokers to buy these loans from the bankers......reinvest them as mortgage backed securities....wait for the real estate market to become grossly overvalued and get all the surfs in severe debt.....then I dry up the credit...DEMANDING that I get more regulatory powers and govt. guarantees that the taxpayers will socialize my bank's losses....buyout the banks I don't currently own or have majority share ownership of.....buy up a controlling shareholdership of new companies that show potential. I buy those shares after I crash the market for pennies on the dollar.

It worked well in America many times in the past...how could it fail now? I make sure the media spins my moves however I like and get a good laugh out of the whole game. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow. I can't wait to see what the surfs are going to do now. It's good to be king....though kinda lonely at the top. Where's the phone? This is taking too long...I'm losing my sleep....get to WORK people and do what I say. Pass the $700Billion bailout...or rather asset grab...I can't wait to 'realize' my Fathers, Grandfathers, Great Grandfathers, Great Great Grandfathers and so on's dream of a NWO where we will truely be controllers of our universe and the little ant peoples master. I always wondered what it was like to be an ant-person...guess I'll never have to find out. I want to give my sincere appreciation to all the Congress, the House of Reps, the SEC Chairman, the Fed Reserve Board, your President, my agents within the CIA, FBI, Secret Service, ATF, DoD, Pentagon, Dept. of Homeless Security and so on for all your accomodations.

Don't worry fellows, I I'll reward the institutions above with generous 'govt.' guaranteed or rather tax payer PENSIONS for life for just serving ONE 4 year term and I'll throw in FREE HEALTHCARE for life and some of you even get secret service protection (to protect OUR little secrets and to keep an eye on your oath not to speak to the little surfs).

What I can't tell my new freinds in govt. is that although I reward you now I'll most surely take it from your children since it's already crowded up here at the top. A man can have only so many 'freinds' and there's already too many leaks in the financial sewer lines...people are starting to smell their fate and the internet makes me feel like one of those fellows on the cross. Think I'll go to bed, but not without checking my window for those damn rats complaining about their Constitution and Bill of Rights. Those people don't have a clue they gave that up when they 'parents' singed them on as a citizen, whereby signing their children's lives over to the state. Congratulations newborns!!!! you're all $150,000 in debt from inception and I am your master though may you never, ever find out why and most especially HOW. We bury history in the flames and create it out of thin air...just like that greenback thing that's worth...uh...who cares anyhow...thats not MY concern...cause WE the International bankster cartel LLC!!!! own the worlds assets. We don't take losses silly dilly YOU the taxpayer does LOL...you always did and always seem to come through for me when I demand for more regulatory power

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Perseus Apex

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

well.. I tried CNN and MSN and didn't find anything..plus did a google under Bush speech 9/30/2008 nada.. .thx for the find.. didn't think I needed to go across the Atlantic just to get the news happening in the US.. so I didn't think to check BBC.. which oddly enuf seems to be more readable/searchable that CNN.. *shrug*... ..

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Okay... so he's using repetition of a mantra... interesting.

Thanks sos.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I can't get over how stupid most of the people are out there. I am just a dumb redneck, but was I the only one that read about the Fed pumping 600 billion into the economy monday? People act like it was a win, when in reality they are now going to get 1.2 trillion for a "700 billion" bailout.
We won nothing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join