It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to Make Statement on Financial Crisis in the Morning - Will He Use Executive Powers?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to Fromabove
post by Fromabove

My God Gertrude. Your comments were too rcreepy to consider. But, I
have just finished reading Global Analysis, archives for Sept. 18, 2008
located at worldreports.com, written by Mr. Story who is hiding out in England somewhere following this nightmare and he stated thus:

"If they can, they WILL close down the Government after October 1st."

They will declare an Economic State of Emergency, impose Martial Law,
cancel the election and BOOM: all of a sudden, we will have a dictatorship -
and Bush will be the new Fuhrer. Sound Familiar...and most of us intelligent folks out here in the world believe he is capable of this.

And then you will see Paulson heading for the airport on his way to Dubai
and I hope somebody please....will check his luggage.

and that's it for me...and thats it for our country...
ahui hou

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

There is no way that he could use the perpetual war on terror to grant himself wartime powers, even though this is not a terrorist act? I wouldn't be surprised to see him try it.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Valhall

There is no way that he could use the perpetual war on terror to grant himself wartime powers, even though this is not a terrorist act? I wouldn't be surprised to see him try it.

Doesn't matter - Congress still has to vote allocation of the funds and if he tries that he will only incense them more. No - his false war has relied on the vote of Congress for appropriations...he'll have to go back to that dwindling well and make that assinine argument.

Looks like about 240 of them would laugh him out of the building.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

To lighten the mood up I feel that Bush should start up with a few one liners. In case you haven't noticed, it seems that Letterman has the best writing staff.
I don't think he will declare a state of emergency.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is the way I see it from my limited understanding of what the constitution will allow the government on this situation:

They are in a nine-line-bind. And they know it - at least the majority knows it. Because they only have two options right now:

1. Congress (and the President) can pass a law that basically is a loan with no real asset bindings (collateral).

or

2. They can pass a law that binds the assets and bad mortgages of the firms who take the money.

2. is unconstitutional...so when they pass that you can expect to see a flurry of lawsuits because it will constitute a "taking" of private property.

1. is what you should expect and it will be a travesty of justice.

I think at that point I'll file a lawsuit of "taking" of my private property. Because contrary to what Palin thinks, you can't give 700 billion dollars away that you don't have and not raise taxes to continue to fund the programs it should have went for and pay the debt back. So they will in essence be "taking" my future private funds and turning them to public funds (government owned funds) for themselves and their other criminal friends on Wall Street.

Let's just all get together and start that class action suit now.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Could i ask what time this morning he is due to talk?

Did i miss it? I just woke up.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It should happen in about 20 minutes. 7:45 EST.

I am going to say that I think he will just be trying to scare the people into wanting this to pass. I don't think martial law will be triggered and I don't think he will try to bypass congress. I expect this to be a good verbal lashing, to give us something to think about while they take their vacation. The markets will tank again today and he is hoping that by the time they vote on this again, the people will be begging for them to pass it.

That is my guess.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

I am going to say that I think he will just be trying to scare the people into wanting this to pass. I don't think martial law will be triggered and I don't think he will try to bypass congress. I expect this to be a good verbal lashing, to give us something to think about while they take their vacation. The markets will tank again today and he is hoping that by the time they vote on this again, the people will be begging for them to pass it.

I think you're spot on...he has found his new "panic phrase". Instead of "global terrorism" it's "economic collapse"...apocalyptic, end of the world. Yeah.

[edit on 9-30-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Bush won't be on until 8:45 EDT. at least according to cnn

President Bush makes a statement on the bailout at 8:45 a.m. ET

Source

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Thanks. I know I saw 7:45 somewhere, must have been mistaken. Here I was getting anxious too.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well with the President due to speak in about an hour now; there is a lot of speculation.

I would have to agree with some on here who have said that this is another chance for the President to try to get people to reverse this Bill's failure.

I would be seriously surprised if they went as far as to declare a National State of Emergency.

As was said; he is getting up to speak before the markets open probably to try to help sway the opening in a positive direction.

This whole thing really does stink to high heaven though.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
In all seriousness, i do not think this is going to bode well this morning.

Remember, troops are due here sometime this evening and they will be out in public tomorrow. This was planned quite awhile ago, which leads me to beleive that the failure to an agreement was staged somehow.(or anticipated)

I could be wrong, but the troops coming is not a normal procedure.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well it's nearly 10pm Tuesday here in Sydney, and I'll certainly stay up and catch what he has to say. I think it's definitely too early for him to play his 'martial law hand' just yet - leave that for around October 7.

I honestly think he'll give America a major guilt trip for having rejected his beloved plans.

I can picture him now pinching his eyebrows together in fake sincerity, wrinkling up his forehead, staring right into the camera, and finishing his speech with 'god help us all.'

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
... well, i'm of the mind that the President (the 3rd part of the $ Axis)

will Issue a "Final Warning".... saying that the post Rosh Hashanah revisiting of the HR3997 -"Intervention in Financial Markets" must be passed this time around
or we will no longer be able to buy or sell or trade, anything !

.... (telecast includes subliminal hypnotic suggestion)
Accept the Mark...Accept the Mark...Accept the........(ditto)........

[edit on 30-9-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why is that Lazy SOB bush late doing tele conferences!?!! What does he have to fear from the cameras... HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS!?!?!?! The mentally challenged jag off is always late to national addresses...

I mean correct me if I am wrong but 745 eastern time is 645 central yes...?.

God I loath that coke head!

I have had my CCN stream up for an hour now...still waiting.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Im watching BBC news 24 at the moment, they are saying he is to speak winthin the next 5 minutes.....

.....should be interesting

[edit on 30-9-2008 by wintercb1]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
He's trying to say without the bailout the taxpayers pensions, etc will be lost. What a liar! Such spin put on this bill and i'm sure 99% of the people have no idea what the bill exactly does unless they are told.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So far this sounds like he's rehashing half his speech from a couple nights ago. Nothing new here, he better suggest something real instead of spouting platitudes.

That's it? 4 minutes and no questions? What was the point of that?

[edit on 9/30/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ha! Change of tactics. They don't want the money to bail out Wall Street, they want it to bail out Main Street.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just watched it - I think his main message is that congress acts or he will!!

Sorry for the one liner, but I never listen to this ass for more than 1 minute!!

B

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join