It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clock moving backwards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hi all...I am wondering who else has had this experience. I hope it's not just me because that'd mean I'm either delusional or blind...or my mind is playing tricks on me! The last time this happened, I woke up and looked at the clock-- it was about 10:00 in the morning. I remember thinking it was late so I went and got dressed to eat breakfast...but the clock in the kitchen was at least a half hour early when I went over there so I checked my bedroom clock and sure enough, it was 9:30. This has happened on a few different occasions and it always annoys me because I get up a half hour or more before I usually do! I'm not sure what is going on. I have a digital clock and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Lately it seems almost as though it is moving slower...I will wake up, see the time, go back to sleep only to awake much later (or so I thought) to find that only a couple of minutes have passed. What do you think? Am I just overreacting? Has this happened to you? Thanks...

Replikant

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
That's a mechanical failure. With loose parts, the long digit tends to fall down. Guess where....right to the lowest part at 30 minutes...

Buy a new clock.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Edit - posted in wrong thread.. sorry

[edit on 29-9-2008 by KaginD]

Since I am here though.. Lol. That happens to me a lot.. Sometimes I look at the clock and it will say 12:30. I do some stuff, then look again later on in the day and it will be 12.. Crazy

[edit on 29-9-2008 by KaginD]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

It is digital, though... (?)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I knew I to come back after reading your post again after I commented. Yes, I know I read it wrong.

Could it be an electronic fault ? The only way to find out if you observe it for 24 hours or some days. Then buy a new clock.

No seriously. I did wake up many times and ready to go out the door, when I checked the time again and realized I am an hour or even more too early. I could have sworn I am right on time.

Long ago, when I still used watches and clocks. My clock woke me and I did my morning routine to get to work. Usually took me like 45 minutes. Anyway, I checked the time before turning off the TV (no have radio). I realized I was an hour early. 15 minutes later my clock went BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.....

Ha....this was freeky. But my only logical explanation was that I dreamed that my clock woke me. And this did happen many times.

This is my only explanation the mind playing tricks like that.

Anyway, in these days I am less time dependent and have no watch or clock. But it seems like I can't get rid of them at all. Time is on TV's, PC's, cell phones.

I think time just puts a lot of stress onto the mind.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Benarius]

new topics

top topics

join