It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The $630 Billion Slap in the Face of Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It appears that before the Bailout Bill even went for a vote, Ben Bernanke approved the printing of $630B to save financial markets. As someone pointed out in another thread, this appears to match Congress' spending budget for this year. This is a slap in the face.

They are telling Congress "Hey, if you want to listen to your constituents rather than us, we'll just PRINT the same sum of money you are allowed to spend this year."... Scoundrels.

Anyhow, how about this? Considering we have just won a major victory, make no mistake, someone proses legislation that will repeal Congress' spending budget and reduces it by half and at the same time legislation REMOVING ALL funding from the Afghan AND Iraq wars?
If it is an economic chess game they want, so be it. It is high-time for one anyhow.

We won a victory in the sense that the money will not come in the form of excess taxation, but lost an underhanded battle that will result in that same sum being inflated in our dollar. Time to cut spending.

Problem I see here is that this participation en masse by the American public is as far as it will probably get. From here on out the economics gets way, way to fuzzy for the majority of Americans to get behind.

Just a thought.

Edit to add: I can't possibly propose the legislation to MY rep. because the low-life actually voted FOR this trash. Time to campaign for the other guy, like I told him ON THE PHONE I would do.

Imagine the *&$% storm that would have ensued if he had approved this AND the bill would have passed! $1.33T!!!

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing discussions:

News Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Forum Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

join