It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swap debt for 'chip'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's an 'ideal' scenario isn't it?

Practically everyone is some degree of debt.
No realistic chance of gainful employment to release yourself from it either.
Debt to get through college,debt to house yourself.

Now with the current economic system healing for failure,is this going to be the time for a deal with the devil?.

Would you accept 'the chip' for release of your financial obligations?
Instead,induction into an electronic cashless society where you are 'credited' for your obedience and work.
Monitored and tracked at every transaction/checkpoint.

Thoughts anyone?.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They will have to dig me up out of my grave before I submit to anyone putting anything of this sort into me or anyone I love's body.
I'm sure anyone can link the religion point of this.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Debt IS the 'chip'

*one line - 5 words

[edit on 29/9/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This certainly sounds like a possible scenario but how would this help the economy? I mean, wouldn't letting the people try to get out of their debt be better than just waiving the fines? I don't think the gov't would do this (as corrupt as they are). But if they did, i can see at least 50% of the US doing it, not knowing what they are truly getting themselves into. Than they could slip the chip in the newborns, wait till the steadfast die and pretty soon, we all have chips. Possible scenario indeed. Could someone that has a different perspective on this help explain or write out a scenario where the gov't would deem this as the only solution? I'd do it myself but...you know, with the whole "one perspective, my perspective" thinking i have going at the moment i won't be going anywhere soon lol

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No chip! plucky will punch someone in the face! I would rather die than be numbered! frown.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What many of you probably haven't realized that if you have children who are still minors, and you refuse to take the chip, then they will take your kids away as you will have no means to take care of them. They will then become wards of the state and be "chipped" without your consent.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The "Implant chip" is not a good idea.

"They" know People wont accpect it on mass....so its more suttle ...credit cards, mobile phones,drivers licence passports etc.

There everywhere.

The fact is we are already basicly chiped.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069.. then they will take your kids away as you will have no means to take care of them. They will then become wards of the state and be "chipped" without your consent.

You know.I'd never even considered the emotional blackmail side of having 'family ties' like this.
I'm sure a lot of people's plan would be to up and away if an idea was presented along these lines,but the fear of losing custody of your children will prevent many from doing that.

"Be a good citizen,do it for your children if not for yourself."

I know a few think that debt/gadget addiction is just the same.But at this stage you still have a choice to give up those luxuries.
It's not going to be for the squeamish to physically cut out the chip to 'opt out'.

As for the 'religious side' of this.
Nothing would be scarier than to start seeing signs of 'revelations' actually emerging.
Funnily enough,I think that would help confirm some people's faith and resolve too.

It wouldn't help the economy as is stands now..But the current system is badly flawed and failing.When it is collapsed and beyond conventional help,that is the time to bring in a 'new system'.
You know 'they' want to,and this would be an ideal time to change over to a new order.

The police are practically 'in the bag' working against you... they'll help enforce it,
the military is always 'engaged elsewhere'.
Your new candidates want to take away your 'assault rifles'
Who's going to defend you?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Sure I'll take the chip. What can be so bad about it? Erase all my debt chip me up all you want then I'll just manually remove the chip with amateur sugery at my own whim sometime and destroy it. (assuming it's subcutaenous and not somewhere deep like in the brain)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's not a good plan. Trading billions of dollars to make it a little easier to track a bunch of largely deadbeat debtors is a poor tradeoff. Better would be to offer to fix the credit rating at the max for anyone willing to be chipped. That way, they'd have a valid excuse for having RFID chips with antennas powerful enough to be externally tracked, as that would be the purpose. It wouldn't really cost anything more than the cost of the chips and chip related hardware, and could actually benefit banks, since they'd be able to track down anyone who defaulted on loans.

It would still mostly attract deadbeats though. I don't see much point in tracking the poor. It's the mid to upper middle class you have to worry about in a society like this.

top topics

join