It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You won't believe where that $700-billion bailout figure came from!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You won

latimesblogs.latimes.com

Here's something that John McCain and Barack Obama and Sarah Palin and even longtime Washingtonian Joe Biden probably don't know. Not to mention Bob Barr, Ralph Nader and Ron Paul, who usually knows everything.

You know where that very important $700-billion figure came from?
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nothing can suprise in US Politics.

Not even this anymore... News is orginally made by Forbes, and somehow I still trust them.

I have though my self about that 700 billion amount, and didnt believe at all, that its all there is to pay, but only the beginning. Now bailout is voted down, and open check is not given to bankers, to hide those crimes they made... But...

Its just amazing, a farse!

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Of course they made that figure up.

Anyone who actually claimed to know what all that worthless paper was worth was lying through their teeth.

At first it was going to be along the lines of a trillion dollars. Immediate outrage led to the 700 billion number coming out a little bit later.

This bail out is nothing more than a blank check for the treasury secretary to do whatever he wants with.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ha! Why am I not surprised?

From the OP's linked story:

You know where that very important $700-billion figure came from?

Here's a quote from that Forbes story:

"It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number."

There ya go! Good thing we have all those highly trained, and highly paid, geniuses working in the Treasury Dept.! I would never have been able to do the math on that one.

It just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Now THAT just boils my blood, if true. G, you really had to ruin a good moment of the bailout defeat, didn't ya?

But maybe it also helps explain the disparity between the estimated $200 billion in combined bad debt, and the $700 Billion in the bill. My God. They literally are trying to rob us, and came within a few votes of doing so. And I'll bet they'll still figure out a way to pull it off.

The $700 Billion Whim. Just great. :shk:

edit: man! starring and flagging this....More people need to see this article.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me a bit, and it shouldn't anyone else either. These are the same people who ruined the markets in the first place, and we are just supposed to believe anything they say when they claim to fix it?

Hardly.

We need to be calling for the immediate resignations of Frank, Dodd, and Paulson at the least.

THROW THE BUMS OUT!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
It doesn't surprise me a bit, and it shouldn't anyone else either. These are the same people who ruined the markets in the first place

I share your distrust of the Republican clique, which through willful neglect of govt supervision of the financial markets brought this disaster upon us. One of the champions of deregulation was, you guessed it, John McCain.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am listening to Paulson speak and my BP is rising.. He is saying these companies need credit to meet their payrolls. I have to wonder since I pay almost 12 dollars for a pack of toilet paper, 4 dollars for a gallon of milk, etc where is the money going that these companies are overcharging me for their products going? Since when do companies need credit to meet their payroll? I would call them failed companies and they need to disappear. Maybe if they didn't get so greedy and try to pocket all the profits they wouldn't need credit.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i heard it was $700 billion because that's about how much currency is floating around the public right now in America. i've heard that $700 billion also happens to be the amount circulating in US dollars outside of the country. moreover, i've heard that the Rockefeller's owe the Rothschild's a huge sum of money by September 30 (tomorrow), or else they're gonna reveal many American secrets that our elite are hiding from us... i can only speculate that $700 billion might be a ballpark figure for how much they owe the Russians...

That’s one of the things that [Benjamin] Fulford is talking about. Fulford is describing how, even though it’s basically checkmate for the Rockefellers, as of September 30th , they’re being called to come up with this debt that they owe from when the Reagan administration overthrew the Soviet Union and pillaged all their money by bombarding them with fake Russian ruble currency. It was a very successful operation, which allowed the massive siphoning out of the Russian wealth to the Rockefeller faction, to the tune of, you know, trillions and trillions of dollars.

And now that money is being demanded to be paid back; they don’t have it. And so what Fulford is saying is these Eastern Secret Societies are essentially holding the Rockefeller side at gunpoint saying, Look, if you guys don’t do this, we’re going to hurt you and we have the ability to do that, and it basically amounts to, you know, them getting a loan because nobody wants to see the American economy collapse, because it’s all international now. There’s no real national economy anymore. These countries are all multinational, so the wealth will be redistributed so that there’s no collapse.

...from this Project Camelot interview with David Wilcock

[edit on 29-9-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

What are you even talking about?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I share your distrust of the Republican clique, which through willful neglect of govt supervision of the financial markets brought this disaster upon us. One of the champions of deregulation was, you guessed it, John McCain.

I'm talking about Frank, Dodd, Paulson, and Bernake here.

I'm not making this a presidential issue, as that's not what this thread is about.

DFB,

Pay no attention to buddahsystem. He/She just likes the attention.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This has been mentioned a lot over the last couple of days,

Im glad a Thread on ATS is now addressing this.

Smoke and Mirrors

"Your House with price rises, would be worth in x amount of time" spiel,

The Debt is unknown as the securitization process, with the ability of default swaps by companies to up their credit rating, means you would need an Army of Forensic Auditors working non stop for months to get a true picture, but the world has changed too much by then already the information is worthless, then anyhow!

Its a Poker's Bluff hand by the Sachs Crowd, but they know our cards too!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Ahh, no.

buddhasystem is actually making a comment from an informed point of view, and I understood it perfectly. There's places to regulate, and places to deregulate. And the deregulation of the rules governing credit lending is what he/she is referring to. And is correct: JM was a proponent of the exact deregulation that got the financial sector into such trouble.

So you go right ahead budda, I hear ya.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Good! I want to hear those secrets!!
a side note, does anyone know how much gold is actually in the US Treasury to back all the monies being circulated at the present time?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

He even got a star!?

How would you even begin to blame the republicans for a bill that didn't go through, that saved our asses? Just because the Democrats disagreed with something, looks like people are jumping on the bandwagon. American politics are screwed up, but only because the dumb American people supporting them are screwed up as well. Wouldn't know their elbow from their ***.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

This is no partisan issue, though. Both parties were involved in the making of this rape over market. One side isn't to blame for this, this article in fact is saying this was all some wild, baseless estimation by money grubbers. The Republicans and 1/4 of the Democrats just saved our asses from another trillion dollars of debt at interest.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

David Wilcock goes on to say:

...by that time all the CIA had completely fled. They left behind all their toys, all their documents, all their secret junk. Russia now has possession of that and BELIEVE me, they intend on publishing everything. They are going to make it public. It’s not going to be kept secret. It’s going to blow the whistle on the whole thing.

...and i heard a while ago that there's wasn't hardly any gold in their possession; possibly none at all!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey I've been a bit down on my luck lately. I have to sell my cherished Lexus now.

Can I have, oh say, 1.5 million?

I just wanted to make it a 'big number'.

Bloody hell. I'm glad they shut the looters down.

Looters in pressed white shirts and black ties whose lunches could feed someone for a month.

If you like ramen noodles.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

good question. But I have a better question. What will it take to get us back on a gold standard, so that our money will be worth something.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

ZERO.

The gold held by the United States government is not used to "back" any of our money. It may be utilized to back some international debts which we are not privy to, but thanks to Dick Nixon our dollar is a fiat currency and only has percieved value, devoid of any tangible value outside of whatever the market decides it is worth. (Except for the few silver & gold certificates still floating around in the public sector issued before Nixon'x blunder.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join