It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout Comment by Barney Frank

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
The Democratic leadership, including this goober-smoocher is absolutely furious that their back-room deal didn't fly.

Since this puckersmoocher is one of the prime causes of this disaster, he knows that the longer this goes on, the greater chance of his complicity becoming public knowledge. There was criminal activity here as well as incompetence, and the longer this goes on unresolved, the greater chance that someone will demand an investigation.

You hit the nail on the head. Last weeks behind the scenes deal was more damage control than bail out. And so that none of you libs think this is a partisan shot at your party you can quote me... If there is ONE or one hundred republicans responsible for this mess, publish each and every name, state, and district so we can hunt them down and get them out of our party! These people do not represent us!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Let's face it.

They could not check and balance after two martinis. They are useless tie jockeys.

Bought and sold to the highest bidder and big business. Except Kucinich, I like that little feller.

Barney Frank makes my skin crawl like a serial pedophile.

The rooster. Best avatar I've ever seen.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

Some on here are so blinded my partisanship they actually think the republicans blocked this because they want to make it look like "they" fixed it? You can't be serious. Now they want us to rush a $700 billion bail out bill through the house?

I am not sure who "they fixed it" refers to when you follow it with "now they want us to rush a $700 bailout....." Are you saying the Republicans are the good guys here and the Dems are all to blame for all of this?

I think your Freudian slip of "my partisanship" is something you should look at. If you cannot see the posturing on the Republican side of this, you are blinded by your own team spirit.

I for one am blaming BOTH parties. I think they are both responsible for this mess because they have been whoring themselves to Wall Street for decades, and I think they are both playing politics over the solution. I assure you I am not on the Democratic side, nor the Republican side. I refuse to be swayed by emotional appeal here, when I can see and remember everything that led up to this mess. The utter and complete lack of concern with common sense and leadership that benefited the people of American on both sides. They are BOTH trying to use this crisis for their own political gain, and they both suck for doing so. Its like pulling the rings off an injured person. Just tasteless and disgusting, and a true reflection of their characters.

Sure, there are going to be individuals here and everywhere that continue to play the "my team is better" game, but what we have the opportunity to do here is move past partisanship as a people. No matter what team you like better, the fact of the matter is, neither team really cares about YOU. They care about themselves first, and then those that butter their bread. We are just the poor suckers that they manipulate into paying for it all and voting for them.

I want to make sure that those responsible are never elected to an office higher than that of a dog catcher.

What have you got against dogs? I think they should never be promoted above "Would you like some fries with that?" myself. Finding out who is to blame for this is going to take some doing. This crisis is just ONE part of the problem. We have been headed down the road to some sort of economic failure for a long, long time. This was just the straw that broke the camels back.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by TheRooster I want to make sure that those responsible are never elected to an office higher than that of a dog catcher.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander What have you got against dogs?

First of all IAG, that's funny!
I'm a dog lover, and you're right, I stand corrected.

Secondly, Don't insult Mr Freud by comparing him with my typing skills. A slip of the right index finger maybe, Freudian slip, no! And be careful, for all you know I may have spent 5 years as a prisoner of war with my fingers tied behind my back.

This I know for sure, there will be far more mess than any one person will take responsibility for. IMHO, this crisis has exposed many career poilticians still in office well beyond their usefull years. Partisan politics aside, if I was Barney Frank or Chris Dodd, I wouldn't be pointing a finger at anyone right now. If I was the Republican nominee for POTUS, I'd make damn sure everyone on my campaign staff didn't point fingers as well. When the dust settles on this mess there will be no winners period!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

I agree with your comment about pointing fingers. I think fingers should be outlawed in Washington for quite a while after this.

They should all be fired in my opinion. Dems and Republicans alike.

We need to get corporate hands OUT of our government, corporate money out of our electoral system, and that means everyone in there right now needs to be called to the carpet. Neither party has been able to keep their hands out of the corporate cookie jar, and we all know it, and we have been so busy squabbling amongst ourselves about who sucks worse that we have not sat down and figured out that they all suck.

We have been trying to elect the lesser of two evils when what we need to do is look around for someone not evil.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Agreed with one notable exception, I'd like to keep Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I could not agree more.

Ron Paul is my favorite politician at the moment and historically I am not a Republican.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I could not agree more.

Ron Paul is my favorite politician at the moment and historically I am not a Republican.

Historically speaking, not too many Republicans have been very Republican, Ron Paul stands alone. And not all that long ago, I kind of thought he was a kook. Just goes to show how manipulative the MSM can be with editing equipment. May God Bless us all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join