It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout Comment by Barney Frank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hey all, I didn't have the time to sift through and see if this was touched on. But with the rejection of the bailout deal, Barney Frank is quoted by yahoo as saying "The Republicans don't trust the administration. It's a Republican revolt against George Bush and John McCain."

Now, most of us, Demo or Repub, are pretty much against this plan at face value. What we've been calling for are parties to stand up for their principles instead of for an administration or nomenclature. A true Republican reovlt against those open Neocons would be a good thing, no?

So then who is more evil, and who is in cahoots with who? Frank and these radical Dems calling for a "plan"...people who used to speak of hating Bush. Or the politicians who actually had some backobne for once and voted, imo, correctly?

I sense "elite" Democrats and Neocon republicans are and have been trying to work together on this, and perhaps some fallboys and patsies in Congress have seen the light for once.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am going to tell you my opinion, this nothing than a political ploy, concocted by the Republicans that vote no, against the Democrats.

Now the Republicans can come out wit their own version of the bill to make it look like they are the one really taking the tax payer at hart.

At the end they all a whole bunch of corrupted morons.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

But then you have to take into account Pelosi's rabid speech just before the vote was taken.

Was she just being stupidly Nancy Pelosi, or did she do it on purpose to try and make the bill fail even after publicly supporting it?

Really hard to blame this one (solely) on the Republicans.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Gee. Usually when people look to bash the Democrats (I'm not a Democrat, BTW) they call them 'liberal' Democrats. No we have 'radical' Democrats. How things change.

My take on this is that people in DC are rightfully scared. They're trying to get something done to stave off a Grade A catastrophe. I honestly believe they were working toward that last week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of the bailout, just surmising what I see as their intent --- misdriected or not. Since late Friday, however, it has become a political orgy. There are people involved that truly are attempting to help mitigate thr problem and others who are playing politics. I , for one, believe Frank actually is trying to address the problem --- for better or for worse.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It is an election year and they like their gravy jobs. I heard on one of 'special reports' this afternoon constituents are calling in at 100 to 1 (I find that a bit difficult to believe) against the street bailout.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well if I remember well the vote was for the bill not for Pelosi's speech.

So actually the whole deal of hurts feelings is nothing than a political ploy.

Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

It was not used in a bad fashion..think of the "radical republicans" in the antebellum and postbellum political arena. But to that end, there is no denying that Frank is one of the more "liberal" Democrats. He himself lieks to point this out anytime he can.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Pelosi has wigwamed and played both sides of the fence for so long she makes me sick.

Demanding no internal review of the presidential office or risk of impeachment, then appearing strong and demanding no free bailout.

The woman is traitorous.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I agree with Marg. This "rebellion" on the part of the Republicans says more about pandering to the voter than it does about their personal feelings about the bailout or fiscal policy in general. They just want the Democrats to lose the election by forcing the Dems to take full responsibility for passing an unpopular bailout plan so that they can posture as the ones who were opposed to it.

Both parties are so in bed with corporate interests it isnt even funny. Both parties want to give our money to their friends, they just have different friends to some degree.

We need to elect outside of both parties if we are to have REAL representation in our government.

link   
reply to post by Imyourchuckleberry

Got ya. I agree. He's a 'liberal' Dem to be sure. But I will say one thing, I've had dealings with him and he stands by what he believes. That is a fact. Agree or not with his poistions but he does stand by his beliefs and apologizes to no one for it.

link   
Can we please put Barney back where he came from. Didnt even think he was still alive. Shows how much he shows his face in Massachusetts.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is not a failure.

I'm beginning to think Neoconservatives have built bridges with neoliberals. This bill would ensure America's pitiful fate.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Dosen't it make you ashamed of our Government! My God! These politicans just don't care what they do! They have no clue how "fed up" Americians are with their crap. We have to do something! What will it take for them to see the light? Anybody got any ideas? I have several but dare not put them on the Web.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yes that is very true. I've always thought he had zeal on shows like Bill maher and stuff, but now I jsut see him as 'one of the boys'.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Democrat Response

Here is the Democratic response from Barney Frank....

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

My personal solution is to promote voting out every incumbent come November. Every one from local gov't, state gov't and Congress. If they are an incumbent we kick them to the curb. End career politics now.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

That bastard!

Barney Frank needs to be impeached. Out! Now!

The Democrats are really turning this into some partisan coup, making the Republicans look terrible.

THROW THE BUMS OUT!

They're playing politics while our country is on the brink of collapse!

High treason!

[edit on 29-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The whole lot of them failed, years ago. We have the house and senate for checks and balances. They couldn't find definitions for those words in the dictionary.

The elections "scare" me too...what choices.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The Democratic leadership, including this goober-smoocher is absolutely furious that their back-room deal didn't fly.

They're like a group of wounded bears, snapping and biting everything in sight. Since this puckersmoocher is one of the prime causes of this disaster, he knows that the longer this goes on, the greater chance of his complicity becoming public knowledge. There was criminal activity here as well as incompetence, and the longer this goes on unresolved, the greater chance that someone will demand an investigation.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What I'm about to say may not be all that popular here...

Am I alone here? Is giving $700 billion to the very people that put us in this mess not insane!

This past weekend I watched a Barney Frank CSPAN replay from 2005 where he actually said the fears of a Fanny/Freddy collapse were overstated. If this were a publicly held company, he'd be fired, not put in charge of fixing it. I am a firm believer in "you broke it you fix it", but not when we're talking about $700 billion.

Some on here are so blinded my partisanship they actually think the republicans blocked this because they want to make it look like "they" fixed it? You can't be serious. Now they want us to rush a $700 billion bail out bill through the house?

Washington needs to understand when you point a finger at someone, you're pointing three back at yourself. The democrats blame the republicans, the republicans blame the democrats, and so it goes. This mess is a matter of public record, I for one can't wait to see who is ultimately responsible for it, I want to make sure that those responsible are never elected to an office higher than that of a dog catcher.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join