It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern U.S. gas crisis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Southern U.S. gas crisis

www.yahoo.com

I had thought this must be a temporary situation, but today on Yahoo, there is a film about people following gas trucks to get gas in the south, which clearly indicated that this is a real phenomenon, and it isn't getting any attention by the media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There is another thread about this subject, but I can't locate it. After looking for the thread here on ATS, I went back to Yahoo, and the flim link had been pulled down. I managed to find the link using my back button.

I find it to be extremely bizarre that this story isn't getting national attention. Why is there an ongoing gas shortage in the south eastern U.S., and why isn't the story getting any news attention.

www.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My only thought is that with the elections, the economy meltdown, the bank meltdowns, they don't want to add to the gloom and doom. They want people out there spending their money and whistling a happy tune.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Four different gas stations here in my part of N.C. that were completely out of fuel this morning.

From what the owner of one of the pumps said to me this morning, there "is no shortage". He said that the driver that delivers to him told him they are purposefully slowing the speed at which fuel is being piped up here from Georgia.

Why I cant exactly figure out, trying to raise supply and demand in order to price gouge?

Whatever reason it may be, I can confirm what I know. And from what I have seen the stories are true.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
My local newspaper finally had a little blurb on the gas problem this morning, although it was way in the back, surrounded by other articles. I guess gas problems are a thing of the past for our leaders, or maybe its just out of sight, out of mind.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes, l live in Western NC as well. It has been awful. Finally we are able to get gas without waiting in long lines, but numerous stations still aren't selling any fuel.

I thought it was strange that the governor of this state apparently was "unaware" of the crisis until several days after it started and the city and county governments weren't doing anything either, except telling everyone to conserve ("duh", been doing that since the price of fuel and everything else around here has gone up). The whole thing smells fishy to me.

I have heard the same thing BlackOps posted too, although everyone says its the refineries and hurricanes - there's been hurricanes in the gulf for years, so a brief slowdown as we have seen in the past is one thing, but an entire city and surrounding area being cut off for days? Never.

I'd love to know the truth behind this one.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

It's not like Georgia has a lot of gas. I am in SW Georgia, and about 90% of the stations here are either totally out of gas or out of one or two kinds of gas.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here is that other thread Poet:
[www.abovetopsecret.com...]
It got a lot of play, but I'm glad you started this one. The shortage is way bigger than Nashville. CNN just said it may take "weeks" to resolve.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

I believe this is a much broader scope than the thread you authored as that thread is focusing on a specific conspiracy. This thread also allows us to pose some new questions. Such as, why is it starting to gain attention now, where as when it was news, as in first happening, it was completely ignored by MSM?

[edit on 29-9-2008 by ninthaxis]

[edit on 29-9-2008 by ninthaxis]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
They are out completely in Helen Ga. (NE) and tell us we won't get any more for at least a week!!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Are any other major news outlets talking about this problem? The yahoo report was only up for a very short time from my observation. I did a search on google news, and on the bottom of the page I found this article.

www.istockanalyst.com...

Not exactly a major news outlet. I find the lack of coverage to be very strange. None of this makes sense, and I gotta wonder if this shortage is going to spread.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You and me both. Im in Louisburg NC and our Hess received a delivery today yet still charges 3.88/gal reg. I have called Easley's office, the attourney general, US Dept of Energy and EIA (energy Information branch of DOE). Pipeline has been running for over a week, oil and gas reserves are at the highest levels in 6 weeks, crude down 40% gas in Washington DC is $3.62/gal and in NJ it was $2.99/gal yesterday!! Something sure is going on and no one from NC State Senator Doug Berger all the why to the Gov office and included the NC Attourney Generals office will do a thing about it. Their attitude is "we are mad to but what can you do?" How about throw all these losers out of office in Nov?? If people would organize there sure is something we could do about it. I believe the gas refineries are in collusion to try to squeeze as much as possible from us with an artificially created shortage. If not, then why the hell would we want to drill anymore wells or build refineries in Hurricane Alley?? Makes no sense if these wells and refineries can force the entire southeast into a high priced gas shortage. My opinion is I dont believe it, since Katrina the gas companies have learned to manipulate the weather to their advantage otherwise why haven't we seen these events occur in the past when strong storms hit the gulf coast?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well if there is going to be a *melt down* as people are predicting - what better way to keep people better controlled and under the thumb of the government/military?
No gas - you’re not driving around are you.

Can you say *House Arrest*?

Pretty horrid thought huh.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
From my understanding there are still continued shortages in various areas. There is something very strange about this not being reported. I stalked up on gas last Spring, as I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing nation wide shortages.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
GAS SOUND OFF SOUTH! Here in cnetral Texas we have gas and it is Cheap. Now I know some of you in Tennessee and Georgia and some other states are still having issues.

So who has gas and who does not. SOUND OFF!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Yeah, a lot of my family lives in TN and they have been talking about rampant price gouging and waiting in lines for upwards of an hour to get gas. I heard a report that the lines were so long at one station that the gas truck delivering the gas ran out and had to be refueled. They told me that things are getting better in Nashville, but I'm not sure about anywhere else.

Pretty sad, really. They said it was from the hurricane, however, the shortage occurred the same night?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sky News have reported that USA used a million less barrels of oil in the last year so are doing their bit for the environment. They forgot to mention that you're using less because you can't fill up at the gas stations.

Seriously though, are you all getting back to normal supplies now?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Actually, here in Hawaii, gas is going down in price! We just dropped down to $3.98 today!!!! EVERYONE is filling up while the gettin's good! haha

When the rest of the country was complaining about $3.00 a gallon, we were wishing for $3.00. We've been at the mid-$4.00 range for so long now I can't wait to get back to the mainland! ($7-8 for a gallon of milk, 6-pack of Sam Adams $12, ugh... get me outta here!!!)

Man, I remember after high-school when you could fill up your car, get a pack of smokes, soda and a candy bar with a $20 bill. Wow how things have changed, huh?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
hmmm isnt that where are all those FEMA coffins are? Maybe they dont want the gas to be tainted by anything, so they are keeping the supplies there low....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join