It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA puts Israeli nukes on agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

IAEA puts Israeli nukes on agenda

www.presstv.com

The UN nuclear watchdog has unanimously agreed to put the issue of Israel's nuclear capabilities on the agenda of its annual meeting.

After requests by the Non-Aligned Movement and the Arab League, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) agreed to put the issue of Israel's nuclear capabilities on the agenda of the 52nd annual meeting of the UN body.

The move was initially met with protests by the US and Canada but the two countries had to back down from their position after they realized that other member states of the IAEA meeting's presidential board would not support their stance, an informed source told Fars News Agency as saying on Monday.

Israel is believed to possess the only nuclear arsenal of the Middle East but it has so far refused to allow IAEA inspectors to visit its nuclear sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Inspection and close monitoring of the israeli nuclear arsenal is long overdue. Israel has been threatening it's neighbouring countries repeatedly with nuclear devastation over the last years. Of course this move by the IAEA was met with protests from the United States and Canada and their zionist lobbies. But the nonaligned movement and arab states had their way in which seems to be a little step towards justice in the middle east.

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Anti-semitism is disgusting. Why does the liberal media even disseminate information like this? I'll tell you what, this emboldens the enemy. We are all at grave risk.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Anti-semitism is disgusting. Why does the liberal media even disseminate information like this? I'll tell you what, this emboldens the enemy. We are all at grave risk.

What are you talking about? How is holding Israel up the same standards we demand of our "enemies" anti-semetic? I can't even fathom how you got to that conclusion.

It is about time the rest of the world demanded that Israel play by the same rules as everyone else. They have been playing the victim for too long. The Western world needs to accept this and make them accountable. No more free rides.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have a feeling that the same people that are screaming for Iran to be allowed nuclear weapons are the same bunch screaming to disarm Israel. I am also sure that we know exactly what Israel has since we probably helped them.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

That's sarcasm right? A joke? You can't be serious.

At least! Israel being under the same laws as everyone! I won't hold my breath over this one anyway... with the US veto...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Israel has allready told the IAEA it will kill its inspectors if they attempt to go near dimona - all with the USA`s blessing - so bugger all will come from this.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hah, damn Plucky, you're going to need a [sarcasm disclaimer]
for your posts. Just wanted to say, the relief that washes over me after
I see your name next to an outrageous post, is well worth it.

As for Israel, I don't see IAEA inspections happening anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

Yes, you know your dearest plucky. I was just giving the Sean Hannity answer for the sake of Sean Hannity because his is ugly (and stupid!).

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, if Israel elected to expend their nukes on Iran and Syria, I suppose there wouldn't be all that much to find.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nice find S & F for you Ergoli,

Im very happy about this,

Like the Queen yesterday not getting her Money!

Good

Good

Good

A day of lots of bad news but some balance being restored too.

Kind Regards,

Elf

PS if Israel does not like it, the US should considering current economic circumstances too, stop funding them $100 million a day, and instead give it to the UN who they owe it too, or the American people themselves to help!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by aecreate

Yes, you know your dearest plucky. I was just giving the Sean Hannity answer for the sake of Sean Hannity because his is ugly (and stupid!).

Sorry I didn't realize it was the sarcasm.. The scary part of it was that there are numerous people on here that would put up that exact answer and be serious about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

You're fine. And yes, there are some people somewhat like that here, but if you goto forums.hannity.com... you will see numerous (whisper) stupid people. They are not short in supply over there. I have been banned from that place, like, 4 times in the past so many years; the last time was for saying that Rush Limbaugh likes "hillbilly heroin". They do not like dissent.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Israel should be allowed to have nukes, they already have them anyway that were probably supplied by us. No long range capabilities should be allowed though. Same thing with Iran. We need to pull out of NATO so if a conflict happens, we don't have to send troops or money. Let them blow each other up over there. Enough of the saber rattling!

No one would dare attack USA if all our troops were here.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Plucky you are fast becoming my hero! If I were younger I would throw myself at your feet.

PS - I get it.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
With respect to everyone's opinions - I think the IAEA putting Israel on their agenda is probably going to be about as effective as putting Iran on their agenda.

Let's make a prediction:

Talk - talk - talk - ARGUE - talk - strong letter - talk - talk - strong letter in all CAPS - talk - talk - talk - REPEAT

new topics

top topics

join