It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharing a dream (NOT metaphorically)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wasn't going to stop by today (and I haven't forgotten my promise from another thread, in case anyone is wondering), but I just have to submit this.
(I don't know where else to post it.)

Has anyone ever shared a dream with another person - i.e. had the same dream, the same night (or day, whatever your sleeping habits are
)?

Until today I've only heard of one such case: when my mother was a child she dreamt the same dream as her mother (on the same night). I don't really have the time right now to go into details, especially regarding its veracity.
(It did happen, I can assure you.)

And earlier today it happened to me and to another member of my family.
The specifics of the dream are unimportant; suffice it to say that it was the EXACT same dream - and it was by no means a recurring one.

Perhaps I should add that our (extended) family is very closely connected. Some of us, especially, have an extraordinary connection, to the point of occasionally feeling "hard-wired" into each other. Reading each other minds is really not that unusual in m family. (And it ain't because we're so predictable, I can assure you that...
)

I would really LOVE to discuss this with Dr. Jung - but in his absence I'll gladly consider any suggestions and thoughts on the subject.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes, I had the same dream as my ex once. I called him the next morning to see if he was ok and he said he was just about to call me with the same question and he started describing this dream he had, which was identical to mine.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

Thank you very much, Layla!

Was there anything else peculiar in the days surrounding this occurrence?
Or was it just "out of the blue"?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It was out of the blue, so to speak. At the time, we didn't speak often, and so to even have a dream involving him was awkward. To call him and find out he shared the dream was very strange. It's never happened again and nothing came out of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i've had the same dream as my sister once... the same night in the same location. It was pretty cool. We saw each other in the dream and we woke up and talked about it. I've never really thought about it until now!! its pretty cool if you think about it!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

I thought so.
Yes, that is interesting.
And it follows from your reply that it was definitely not a recurring dream.

Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hobob

Thanks, Hobob!

I think it's important to note the relationship between the dreamers.
I am not sure what EXACTLY it indicates, but certainly there seems to be a common "pool" of imagery within families.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ok this is freaky that I should find this thread.

Last night while out having a cigarette w/ my gf we were talking about 28 days later and I am Legend. And we were both talking about what we might do if we woke up one day and were the only people here.

I then made a joke that I'd be dreaming about it tonight and she said the same thing... Well, I kid you not.

I did dream I was the only person here, the only number in my mobile phone contacts was hers and she picked up the phone and we had a lengthy discussion about how weird it was that the only 2 people 'on the planet' were dating...

When I woke up this morning she said "you've jinxed me you git" I was like, what? Oh I need to tell you about this dream I had; and the look on her face said it all.

She says "Did you call my mobile in the dream?" I was like "Erm... Yeah?"

... Now I know this probably will come across as BS to a lot of people, I know it happened and that's all that matters.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't remember if they were on the same night or not, but when I was little my cousin and I would have the same dreams... later on we would discuss them and they were always very similar: dreams about being chased by several tornadoes (very scary!) and dreams about being in a car in the middle of a busy freeway with no adults around and without the slightest idea how to drive! Another one was being in a car, alone, when the car begins to roll backwards by itself. Maybe these are common childhood dreams? I'm not sure. I think perhaps when people are very close to eachother, they kind of operate on the same 'frequencies', concious or unconciously...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yes, have shared a dream. With my son, who was a youngster at the time. First thing in the morning, the usual chaos -- letting the dog outside, making beds, organising the kids for school, preparing breakfast, etc. And my son was telling me about his dream ... instantly recognisable, because it's what I'd dreamt myself. It was a strange feeling, listening to him and knowing we'd shared the dream.

I told him I dreamt the same thing. He was only a little boy, about seven or so, I guess. Don't think he liked the fact I'd had 'his' dream. I could see that look on his face, as if I'd invaded his privacy or something.

Afterwards, I didn't know if I'd done the right thing by telling him I'd had the same dream as he had, because I could see that it would very probably be quite disconcerting for him in later life, to have dreams (of a private nature, for example) and then have to worry ... ' Oh no! Hope Mum didn't see that in her dream too ! '

I posted about the experience in an ATS thread a few years ago.

It's interesting, isn't it, shared dreams ? There just aren't any secrets in life, lol, not even when you're deeply asleep, it seems.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

That's awesome Assasin! I bet you haven't even read my book yet, it covers shared dreaming.

I've shared dreams, need to really get back on track. Dreams rock.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Haven't really had time to read anything just yet YAD... I've had some personally family issues to deal w/ atm (Dad's severely sick). So yeah; but will do soon!

top topics

join