It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If-fi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If everything broadcasting on T.V./Cable/Satellite/Internet, live or pre-recorded, could not be any fiction any more because broadcasting any thing fiction became banned and outlawed in the U.S...

The questions are then:

1. What, in all consideration, would you except to only be broadcast then that is non-fiction/true/real/actual? What's the best we could expect? What's the worst we could expect?

2. Would it be better we not watch any fiction through our T.V.s? And be that for adults or for children or for all? Why or why not?

Note 1: Anything fiction would be at the movie theatres or on a dvd that you'd have to pay for of course.

Note 2: All commercials broadcasting can not be fictional either, since no fictional acting would be put on a broadcast.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If only factual and verified programming could be broadcast, I think it'd probably be relegated to party speechs from whomever the new resident dictator had become.

"Facts" are a very elusive thing. It's fairly difficult to establish a fact that is not at least influenced by our own subjectivity. "Truth" -- far, far worse. Don't even get me started on my "proof" rant.

I recall a time when news was funded by the networks, and was mostly a fairly factual reporting of events. There may have been events that went unreported, but what WAS reported was pretty much what all observers agreed was apparent. These days, there is (in my opinion) so much hyperbole and conjecture and slanted reporting, I prefer to get my news from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. At least they acknowledge they're lampooning the news.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well aside from party sheechs, I think there would be certainly some educational programming. Who knows, maybe there wouldnt be a need for school except for those who have kids they dont want to leave home while they are at work. So Junior high and above would more likely not have to go into a school building to learn.

Maybe they'd broadcast real sex for educational purposes for straight and gay and lesbian, in how it should be and the many ways it can be made entertaining and more pleasing. Why just teach safe sex and not pleasurable sex? Why discriminate parts involved in sex? I mean, they could maybe even get into all the comfortable and uncomfortable and unique positions that can done.

I also figure they would show no commercial exaggerations or special effects.

join