It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe Our Military Would Not Defend The American People?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

When you say CinC I assume you are referring to the Commander In Chief. Which George W. Bush currently holds that position. There's a line that has to be drawn, if he or his administration were to make the public out to be the enemy we are bright enough to know he's wrong.

Its been covered a few times in this thread. I'll mention it again we are trained to identify and refuse any unlawful order.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I asked this of a friend in the military. He said that perhaps 20% of our military would do as they were told. 10% Would do it out of fear knowing it was wrong. The last 70% wouldnt do it. However Alot of our military is overseas.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sickboy1313

Yes, great point. I military is spread way to thin. Maybe for a reason? Theres a conspiracy in its self. How abou the Patriot Act? Maybe a tool to discover potential threats to their plans from Americans like us. Who know the truth and are exposing them for what they have become...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Please watch this video, research the points made in the film. This could be the most important film of the century. People need to understand this and they need to act now.

This is an emergency situation. The time is reflective of 1933 as "Reinhardt" has pointed out in a couple other threads. There is a coup underway and people need to act now. How do you act now? Watch this film, send it to friends and family, research the information presented, send this film to your representatives, to everyone.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I would be very careful about doing that. Impersonating a military member is illegal.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

Lots of excellent points there . Its easy to confuse the character building qualities of a properly managed cadetship in the air force and the abuse of the same by the wrong people. Then it becomes brainwashing . BUT
cowards never go to the front line , they administrate and profit while brave men and women need to believe their cause is right and will answer the call WHEN they are convinced its an honourable one . But now the hard questions are being asked and they need to be asked . Often there is no exchange of 'treasonous' words , just a look thats says it all.

PTSD is a terrible thing . But it forces you to the point . Nobody wins anything in war , not really .

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I dont fear the military - I expect at any moment - that the Military take over of our government - due to corruption. I expect all branches of government will be affected... it appears before you can return to work - you must pass a polygraph question 0 "Have you served the people of the United States with honesty and honor" and you cant be fair'r than that, I even heard of giving them 5 chances to pass - all different machines and technicians.. No Power grab - but a hell mary to stop us from going off the cliff of fascism. -- even though the military is to some extent Fascist...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wow, this is an interesting topic. I think the military would do what they were ordered to. I was in the Army. I can't speak for everyone, but I knew a lot of independent thinkers and people who refuse to accept the lies they're told on a daily basis, but then again, I frequently served with intel people and they're generally a little bit *different*. I think they would follow any order they were given if it didn't conflict with their sense of right and wrong too severely. Like the example given early of a group of people trying to overrun a guard post. I think any soldier would return fire and take any measure to protect themselves and their post they deemed necessary.

The military never sends soldiers out without a well-known list of rules of engagement. Even in Iraq, soldiers are told to shout first, shove next, show their weapon, and only then shoot it. The military is so careful that sometimes they come off downright timid. I was at a base in Mosul where they wouldn't allow the perimeter guards to fire, even if Iraqis were at the fence cutting away the wire and entering the base.

However, at the same time, I believe the Milgram experiments proved you can easily get people to do terrible things as long as it appears to be directed by authority. Stanford U also ran a famous experiment where they simulated a prison environment and put student "guards" in charge of student prisoners. The experiment was already running out of control on day 2 when the prisoners rioted. Look it up on Wikipedia at en.wikipedia.org... The experiment has an eerie parallel with the events at Abu Ghraib prison.

Ultimately, I don't think Americans should fear their armed forces. Even with the so-called brainwashing, I don't believe the military turns people into monsters. That's a myth. If the military were sent out into the heartland for some reason, I think they would treat people decently until fired upon.

Enjoy-Polarbear6

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Polarbear6

That is where FEMA and the camps come it, goverment has used military to protect the so called commanders from time beginning!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join