It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive financial bailout fails in the House

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The Republicans have my sympathies and my gratitude and if this is not a political ploy, they may even got my vote.

That's the kind of extremism that leads to these situations. Vote McCain in and be sure that he'd usher in the three pager again. Let's be prudent here. We've won one round, let's keep winning.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is great news. Too bad though a $1 Trillion bill was just passed. Anyone know where I can find out how they voted?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"Several Republican aides said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., had torpedoed any spirit of bipartisanship that surrounded the bill with her scathing speech near the close of the debate that blamed Bush's policies for the economic turmoil. "

How come I picture her having a Homer Simpson moment right now?

"Dohh!"

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revealer
This is great news. Too bad though a $1 Trillion bill was just passed. Anyone know where I can find out how they voted?

Try Here but note that HR 3997 is actually the Bailout Bill

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We'll Im pretty worried that this bill DIDN'T pass. It could be a VERY ugly week, followed by a very ugly decade if something isn't done.

This is the age of globalism. Don't think a proverbial nuke on wallstreet won't destroy mainstreet as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
The Vote Roll

I know of 5 representatives from NJ who WONT be getting my vote.

link   
reply to post by b4christ15

I think you can find out who voted for/against the bill at www.govtrack.us

I think that site may be getting a lot of hits because I can't access it. When I try, I get a message that says the site is "temporarily unavailable." You might try accessing the site later to see if you can find the information you want about who voted for/against the bill.

link   
I hope this bill gets put in to the ground and a real one that will fix our problems gets put forth instead. Here's hoping!

I wonder if the critical No votes came from Congressmen that are in very close re-election battles?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Pelosi Speech

This is the video of the speech by Pelosi that seems to have swayed "yea" votes to "nay" votes.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Its only 5 weeks to wait till they pass this bill. After the elections it won't mater what the 'constituents" want, it only matters what wall street wants. This is all smoke and mirrors folks.

Zindo

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Truther

where are we now? dont know much about economics. Does this mean that america is in serious trouble?

It was in serious trouble before this. This just means that they will confront the trouble right now rather than covering it up and postponing it for a few months.

This will have some short-term negative effects but in the long run its good.

This also means that they will force the private sector to cover their own asses, and go up in smoke. This may retain some buying power in the dollar, where as the 630 billion plus the immediate 350 billion would have spelled doom for the dollar.

I really feel this bill is trying let the rich buy out, bail, and create a buffer zone before the full collapse. If we can contain this thing into a heavy recession, there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

I also see the FED using the flood of money into foreign markets scandalous, as that just puts more pressure on America to accept the bill and "save the day."

We have to be very diligent in our efforts! The FED are incredibly sneaky bastards and better believe they could work this thing to their benefit either way.

Stay on it, people!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Thanks do you know why I couldn't find how Obama or Mccain voted?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Thanks. Wonder how she managed to speak with a foot in her mouth?

This was a time for a "we're all in this together and we need to protect the American citizen," not for finger pointing. Dems had control for two years and haven't done dick.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

This was the House vote, not the Senate.

Neither McCain nor Obama could have voted in the House vote.

link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

If this bill passes, that will ensure the collapse and the tax enslavement of American tax payers. We'll be shoveling out their debt with no end in sight.

link   

Originally posted by The Revealer
reply to post by redhatty

Thanks do you know why I couldn't find how Obama or Mccain voted?

Because they didn't, this was a House vote, McCain & Obama are in the Senate

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wachovia is down more than 80%. My sister has funds in wachovia and she wants to know if she should remove her funds from the bank. I'm on the fence right now.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So it was a ploy after all.

Now the Republicans are coming forward and using the Pelosi speech to blame it for them voting no.

So It was nothing than a political ploy.

Darn it.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

She should have pulled out a long time ago. You've been sitting on the fence for 5 months too long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join