It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive financial bailout fails in the House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks marg, I've been following this bill on ATS and really appreciate your input. Any idea on how to see who voted which way?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Vice President Palin would've stopped this financial chaos dead in its tracks.

From her own home she can see a bank. I'm just sorry the members of the House of Representatives don't share her special insight.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Unless you are retired, own your home outright, worth more than 10 million and own, or sit on the board of a bank....Yup you are in big trouble. The older "rich" folks will do fine. The rest of us may be in for the end of life as we know it. Our comfort zone will start to shrink. As banks fail, big companies will fail. Goodbye internet, cell phones, and a bunch of stuff we all enjoy. That is worse case. Oh and the dollar being worth about 10 cents will make all of us need smaller pants.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think trading has been suspended.

The charts are not updating on Yahoo Finance.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by b4christ15

house.gov but looks like it crashed.

I can't get nothing to open up.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

How ill the internet fail?
It's series of tubes.
I hope it doesn't, I don't know how to write any more.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks!
It's not opening up for me either. Must be a lot of curious folks like us trying to disect this whole thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

oil is tanking. Looks like a silver lining to me.
This thing would have passed if Pelosi had kept her mought shut!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I think trading has been suspended.

The charts are not updating on Yahoo Finance.

Still open - www.bloomberg.com... shows market at -527.91

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by b4christ15

The majority votes against the bill came from the Republicans they actually killed the bill with votes as Democrats didn't got all their own voting for it.

So I am very pleased with the Republicans on this one, hurray for them.

My Representatives are both Republicans so I am trying to find out how they voted.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

where are we now? dont know much about economics. Does this mean that america is in serious trouble?

It was in serious trouble before this. This just means that they will confront the trouble right now rather than covering it up and postponing it for a few months.

This will have some short-term negative effects but in the long run its good.

link   

link   
>>How ill the internet fail?
It's series of tubes.
I hope it doesn't, I don't know how to write any more.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm trying to figure just what kind of Executive Order that Bush (who totally supported Paulson & Bernanke attemped Heist of the USA) can put in place........

which will cause a House Bill which will re-address the credit market issue...
(we all know that the House voted down HR3997, because is really wasn't about 'Mortgages' held by the general american population, at All ! ->
the bill was about the Wall Street Bankers & the credit creation machine for 'their' own profit!)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Don't hold your breath. Unless some REALLY good news come up before 4pm, the last 45 minutes of trading will be UGLY.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Nah they are doing just fine for me. I thought for a second they froze it but it was just a mess up on yahoo. I clicked the dow tab and it came back up.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My rep voted for it, time to follow through with my threat to vote against him. So far the Dem running against him seems pretty tolerable in an old school Southern Dem way.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow I was sure it would be passed!!! Hows that for a huge big middle finger to the NWO (may as well call a spade, a spade).

Although there are not too many arms to twist, to get it back in their favour. Already two broken lets hope the rest will have the courage to ignore the threats from their fellow congressmen and god knows who else!

And Yes it could only all be a conspiracy to slide votes towards republicans, not forgetting John McCain is a close personal friend of Paulsons. Maybe they know that McCain will be an easier President in office for them, but on the whole that conspiracy in itself doesnt make much difference to their plans as they "own" both candidates. I think this bailout is a real important goal of theirs, as at the minute the are accountable if they are brought to court, this would be of highly significant importance if the people ever rise up and go after them!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
An applause well deserved to everybody who called their representatives to tell them that this was a bad deal.

Guess America can come together when it wants to.

Let's keep the pressure on them.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Actually it could go either way. The short term is obviously bad. Long term, it's a matter of what happens in the next week or so. If too much panic rises, the short term damage will become the long term damage. Banks that are sound might go under because a panic in the market might cause bank runs, like what happen with WaMu.

They lost 16.9 within about a week from people taking their money out and what happened was WaMu having to get taken over before its shares bottomed out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join