It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive financial bailout fails in the House

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The bill will come back again perhaps with another face and a longer paper work.

They will distort he bill so much and sugar coated for the public easy digestion.

Anyway we have not hear the last of the bill yet.

link   
Maybe this will teach the government to do a better job of oversight and to focus in on how companies are under and over reporting their true values. I think the market will take a hit short term but be better off long term.

link   
It's not a ploy. House republicans were against this bail out from the start. They have proposed their own bill in opposition to the bail out that includes free market solutions to this problem.

This is a VICTORY. Not a set back.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Now just watch the bankers crashing the economy because they didn't have what they wanted: complete control of the US by economic means. Economic dictatorship.

They will crash it then ask for powers or it will be long and hard.

link   
but the banks were lent another $630 billion today allready

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Yeah, the bill they are saying now has no chance to pass, even on another vote. I'm kind of glad they didn't pass it, but I do feel we need to do something.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It officially failed. This is great news for the free market and I am quite surprised it was the Republicans who made it fail. I guess it shows you who really had the banks in their pockets doesnt it. I could give a crap less what happens dow down $700.00. Great News and Ima go celebrate by going out to eat. Spend some of my hard earned money to show my satisfaction.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I will agree with this if the bill will become stagnat, but if the bill is pushed again then we may see it as nohing than a ploy.

Now I hope that is the people in this nation the one that made a difference and our voices were heard.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Is that the same $630 billion dollar Congress passed on their latest spending bill?

The amount seems to be the same.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I will tell you this much, if the Democrats push the bill with pushing the ones that voted no into changing their vote.

They will never have my vote

[edit on 29-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The reason I say it isn't a ploy is because even democrats voted no. Some people just honestly believe this is wrong. As far as a new version, I think if they do they will try to combine a stimulus package with it to make it look more appealing. They have to find a way for ordinary Americans to accept it. But I'm sure Pelosi will blame reps.

link   
I'm currently watching Fox Bussiness News, a guy by the name of Ted Weisburg from Seaport Securities was being interviewed and he say this:

"I dont know why the members of Congress feel the need to subject us (meaning people in Wall St) to the concerns of their constituents"

HA!!! Can you believe this guys?!! Is that capitalism? Socialized losses, privatized profits! Give me a break

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Bunch]

link   

Originally posted by Bunch
IT HAS OFFICIALLY FAILED!

They have moved on to other legislation.

Let see with what they would come back now.

Does anyone knows how can I check who voted and what way?.

Can anyone help me out on the bolded part above as well? I am happy that this bill did not make it through the house and am wondering what this week will bring.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by b4christ15]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think this Ron Paul interview with Neil Cavuto I reported summed up WHY these guys ultimately shot this down:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Paul said that when he asked fellow members "What are you going to say to the people of your district, who 99% OPPOSE this?" He said their answer was "We don't know". LOL

That says it all. Some things you simply can't cover up and sugar coat.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by b4christ15

What will happen, well if you have a job you still will work, you bank account will be fine and the ones that will be feeling the pinch will be the wall street corrupted financial institutions that make this mess.

We the regular joe will be just fine.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They will vote to suspend the rules and pass this by acclamation. That means a simple yea or nay. No heat on any of the sobs when they go home to campaign.
I think we aought to throw out the bastards and start with a fresh crew!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am voting for the party that voted the most no the hell for party affiliations.

I am very happy that some politicians still have the American people at hart.

AMEN

amen - two lines

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They already took the money.. or rather, Bernake already made it for them.

We will face the punishment of the central banks as they begrudgingly face the fact that they could not 'sell' or 'spin' this adequately enough to allow the regime change without the customary mega-payoff, as planned.

But they got it anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
NBC tv is reporting that they won't take up another vote until at least thursday.

The upshot, oil is tanking.

[edit on 9/29/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
the dow seems to have stablised around -450, whic isn't all that bad.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join