It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the Nuke Countdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Are you prepared for a mushroom cloud over a major American city?

batr.org...

"The assassination of Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, marks a watershed departure from an unspoken arrangement. Hands off overt elimination of leaders, has allowed for a shaky truce. The stakes have been raised. Open season on Arafat and Sharon has just been declared. Do you really believe Condoleezza Rice when she denies suggestions by Hamas that Washington had given Israel a green light for the assassination, or at least had advance warning?"

Comment:

Does it seem as though the assassination of Shiek Ahmed Yassin was designed to bring about something? It's hard to tell from this article who this guy speaks for, but it's chilling:

" No slow death from disease, just one big bang.

Is the countdown written in the stars, or Venus? Will it culminate in Brooklyn or Yellowstone?

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is the second clock this year, the first was a dud, just like this one is going to be. Al-Qaeda operates thier attacks unsuspected, they give no warning for things to come. These are just wannabes creating fear in people, just like the last one did to me. I believe an attack on America is inevitable, but will not be pre-announced.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This isn't going to change much for Isreal. I don't know if anyone noticed but suicide bombers blow up Isreali's all the time. It's not like the terrorists were saying well we were only going to try and blow up 3 pizzerias this week, but after this assasination we will try and blow up 6. If the terrorists could kill more they would and will. I think if the Isrealis gave the Palestinians their land back and did everything the UN wants, it would stop the killing. The terrorists want to kill the Isrealis. Have you ever read what some of their (Arab) newspapers/radio say about the Jews? That they need blood of children to sacrifice to their God and all kinds of weird crap. A lot of Arabs think they (Isrealis) are evil incarnate.

I dont think anything will stop it. Killing a psycho religious zealot who tells kids they will go to heaven if they blow up pizzarias doesn't seem like that bad of a thing. Maybe I am wrong.

Variable

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
To be honest, id Al-Qaeda had a nuke I feel Isreal would be the first choice target.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I totally agree with TMT. If such an attack were to happen, it wouldn't be pre-announced....what kind of 'suprise' attack would that be? This theory most likely starting off the web, people would most likely believe it, get scared, then start to make phone calls.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If those nuts had a nuke dont you think Washington and/or Tel-Aviv would be a radioactive hole in the ground?

Is it there well known restraint and compassion for humanity that holds them back?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hell no, Amuk. That was my point. If they could nuke people they would have. Bet Kerry wouldn't get elected if it happened... Could be a conspiricy!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
oh wow... you guys are running in circles for nothing. yes, it sure did piss some people off that the guy was killed by the IDF, but something similar to this happened earlier in 2003.

there is no way that they can have an ICBM capable of reaching anywhere near the US or any of its territories. Tel Aviv is relatively impossible to hit because of its checkpoints and surveillance capacities.

a nuke timer?!
you guys are falling for the "fear everything in sight" trap that this war on terror is promoting.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
How many clocks do we have to go through before it start's all over again?

High Alert is OK... starting clocks is just stupid. Then again that's only my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If anyone nukes America it will be a civilized, organized country, not a splinter terrorist group.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That's probably true... we are too... well I can't say too... but, are pretty prepared for an terrorist attack... but, that also doesn't mean we'd get by it all the way... there is always the slight possibility.

Whenever that slight possibility is around then there is just that much taken away from it never happening... and then again... never say never.

But, I have strong doubts the good ol' US of A will be nuked.

USA!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I disagree with the statement that the terrorists
don't divulge their timelines.

We have been given a specific warning by Al
Queda that 90% of their preparations for releasing
the BLACK WIND upon the Great Satan (that's us, folks) are complete...as of 3/11/2004

If you do the math and count forward fro 911
1000 days, you get to 06/06/2004

I don't imagine NYC is the true target. These guys want to destroy us completely. Total anhilation of America.
There is only one way to accomplish that....via setting off the caldera at Yellowstone.

I for one would expect to see the entire middle east turned into a floating cesspool of black gold should anything untoward happen at Yellowstone that even remotely smells of a terrorist attack.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I must disagree with all of this match nonsense. This is not supported enough to be true.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
oh wow... you guys are running in circles for nothing. yes, it sure did piss some people off that the guy was killed by the IDF, but something similar to this happened earlier in 2003.

there is no way that they can have an ICBM capable of reaching anywhere near the US or any of its territories. Tel Aviv is relatively impossible to hit because of its checkpoints and surveillance capacities.

a nuke timer?!
you guys are falling for the "fear everything in sight" trap that this war on terror is promoting.

we are not talking about icbm's, but Nuke Suitcases that were purchased on the Black Market from estranged russian scientists. I sometimes feel if they did have them they would have used them, but then again these people strap bombs to themselves, and blow themselves up, so God only knows WHAT the # is going through their freaking heads.

I am actually working on a piece right now for Terror Analysis on Suitcase Nukes..... Might be up tonight, but most likely tomorrow night.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If Israel did what the UN wants?

Why do people look at the UN with such high hopes?

The UN is mostly a big group of hypocrites. Many of them are terrorist nations, dictators and assasins who have no regards for the rights of their own nations. How can we ask to secure the human rights of other nations when many of the members in that same group (UN) deny those rights to their own people?

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

To be honest, id Al-Qaeda had a nuke I feel Isreal would be the first choice target.

Doubt it....They wouldn't want to destroy "their" holy land. NYC, DC, or London seems like the choice targets to me.

If anyone nukes America it will be a civilized, organized country, not a splinter terrorist group.

Not likely. every country knows that attacking the US is suicide for a country. We have like 5000 warheads - the only 2 other countries that come close to that are Russia and China. Russia wants no part of this - they are weak right now. China wants to build up their forces to directly compete with the US, but they are in no position to do so now.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
IMO the former USSR made a good job making us think they are weak. I remember an interview of one deflector in art Bell's coast to coast and he mentioned that one of the plans of the USSR was to make the US think they were weak. I will see if i can find the link to the webpage of this man, I can't even remember his name.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Nuke war my arse.........its never gonna happen

cuz it's M.U.A...............but terrorists want that so........they might use a nuke but we wont use a nuke..........never

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here is the website that I was looking for.
www.levnavrozov.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
I must disagree with all of this match nonsense. This is not supported enough to be true.

Yep, this is not an episode of Batman.

top topics

join