It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout Bill Has Not Passed!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by Maya00a

Yep just heard this for myself! The bailout suffered a defeat!
This bill will not pass!!!

Where do we go from here? And what kind of evil will they create to punish us for this defeat? You know these Elites dont like being told to do, and they sertinly dont like it when they are beaten.

All going to plan right now? Can anyone say welcome to the NAU!
The crash of the Dollar, and the birth of the Amero!

I think the elites are the ones who wanted the bailout to fail. We shall see if it causes the drastic financial meltdown and breakdown of our rights because of the turmoil it will cause.

Have you ever thought that by doing what you feel is right your playing into the hands of your enemies...the NWO?

I'm sure that the situation is designed to be a win/win for them either way. They wouldn't leave an event like this up to chance.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Republicans are blaming a partisan speech Pelosi gave just before the vote for failure of the package!

Members who were in favor of the bill suddenly changed their vote.

We need to get a hold of that transcript.

Well, here it is:

House Republicans Blame Pelosi’s Speech

House Republicans blamed the failure of the $700 billion Wall Street rescue plan Monday on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), saying that Pelosi had been too partisan in a floor speech prior to the vote.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Monetary reform with constitutional honest debt-free money is the greatest issue of our day.
www.truthaboutmoney.org points the way! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
See? Pelosi is such a slimeball that she can't go one speech without bashing Bush for something he had no control over. And something she did.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I am amazed! Of course, they can still try to convince some to change their vote.

218 is the majority.

Woo-Hoo! I can't believe they did this!

Short lived, it won't fail twice. A massive drop like this, you can bet 13 who said no WILL say yes..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Like I said in the other thread, should we really be surprised that the stock market would plunge after $700,000,000,0000 of undeserved, taxpayer money is suddenly taken away from the financial sector? Don't let this scare you. The politicians will play the fear and panic card bigtime now.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

And I have to say, I'm hoping you are right. If this economy goes under and our country falls victim to that failure, what will rise from the ashes will not be a more fair system, but a more totalitarian government. You don't need to take my word for it, just look at history.

It is human nature to turn to the most evil of things in desperation. If we fall into such a violent depression, desperation will lead to a much more centralized government. It happened here during the 30's. It happened in germany with hitler. Anytime a country becomes desperate, the wicked come out and promise people the world. Those people, buy right into it.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
After watching days of c span and reading up on Secretary Paulson's biography, I think maybe he is trying to make the best of a really bad situation. Maybe they wanted to keep it quiet about how bad things were in hopes that panic could be avoided while they tried to figure out how to remedy the situation. I read that Paulson supports environmental causes and became the secretary of the treasury in order to fix social sec. and medicare. The problems of the financial sector began to snowball beyond anyone's control. There is plenty of blame in all of this, but the more I research it, it seems to me that Sec. Paulson may actually be a good guy looking for a way to help everyone out. He has supported the cause of the little guy, animals and the environment through his lifetime. Maybe his plan was intended for the best after all. I know this goes contrary to all the scare tactics/war manipulations of the past on the public. I am angry about all of that. I really hope this was different. I don't want to see people hurting more than they already are. I would like to see more protections in the legislation and help for homeowners. I hate to see innocent people lose their retirement when something could be done.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

213 is the majority, not 218.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Make no mistake.. this bail out bill will put to congress again later this week and will be passed.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I came across these two articles last night...

Mussolini-Style Corporatism in Action: Treasury Conference Call on Bailout Bill to Analysts

Various readers wrote us, and it was confirmed by a detailed report on the call at DealBreaker, that the Treasury Department held a conference call this evening for analysts on the bailout bill. A memo was evidently sent to SIFMA members; others may have been contacted by other means. But the report I got from one person who was on the call was the the questions came from financial services industry members. In other words, this was most assuredly not intended to be a call open to the public at large. If anyone from the media or other member of the great unwashed was listening in, it was by accident.

This is simply scandalous. To have a group of interested parties get a privileged briefing by government officials on a matter of keen public interest flies in the face of what a democracy is supposed to be about. The proper method would either be a published FAQ on the Treasury website or a briefing with the media included. But why should I be surprised? Favoritism has been a staple of the Bush Administration.

Treasury Officials Admit Bill's CEO Compensation Measure and Restrictions on Paulson Were a Farce

How do you know that the Wall Street types were trying to steal from us, other than the fact that they said that the refusal to hand over money was akin to a terrorist act? Treasury officials had a secret conference call with Wall Street executives. Unfortunately for them, some bloggers were on the call. The 'Treasury boys' on the call made it clear that "the tranching is a mere formality, and the Treasury boys as much as said so. They could take the $700 billion max as soon as the bill has passed."

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hey Oracle....now banks can't lend - period. This is a victory for the people how exactly? How about all those short term loans the big corporations (e.g. GM and Apple) take out to finance the payroll of their employees (your everyday Joe six-pack American tax-payer) which won't be around now because a soft congress couldn't step up to the plate? The result is going to be huge job losses and sky-rocketing unemployment rates, sending our entire economy into the toilet. We'll be China's bitch in no time at the rate we're going.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
213 is the majority, not 218.

There are 435 members in the House. A simple majority is 218.

CNN reported the measure needed 218 votes for passage, but came up 13 votes short, as the final vote was 228 to 205.

National Review
Pelosi has 235 members. She needed 218. She could spare 17 members and still pass the bill.

Bailout Plan Rejected
The measure, which is designed to get battered lending markets working normally again, needed 218 votes for passage. But it came up 13 votes short of that target, with a final vote of 228 to 205 against.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by
I'm sure that the situation is designed to be a win/win for them either way. They wouldn't leave an event like this up to chance.

That's absolutely correct, they have a plan for every plan, an internal reaction for every external reaction. They always try to win, even when they have lost. They are insane. Indeed, power crazy.

These people will always try to be a step ahead of the people.

It's our duty as free people to keep up the fight with them. Soon enough, we will out-pace them, and they will fall. Then, we will truly be free.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If this passes vote on Friday in the House, I say we go to war. They're declaring it first by passing this, in essence stealing our livlihoods away from us, while helping to feed the rich a big bowl of greed. I refuse to bailout some rich a**holes because they got too greedy. If my house payment doubles or triples, and I have to file bankruptcy, will I be able to keep my car, my house, my money? Will I get bailed out? F*ck no. So why should these a**holes?

Sick of this crap. Your children are sick of this crap, and your children's children will be sick of this crap, unless something is done to turn it around.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Even better, if this passes, and the economy still fails, then we go to war, because then we know for sure that they're full of sh*t!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join