It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bailout Bill Has Not Passed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
To try and turn this into a Partisan thing is just political posturing by both sides. The Democrats could have passed this without a single Republican vote. What is odd is its coming out now that Pelosi knew it would not pass and went ahead and had the vote anyway. Due to the Jewish Holiday, it is now on the back burner for a few days. So she wanted to delay it, it seems. The rest is just news filler.

It was also reported this morning that the Representatives were flooded with constituent calls asking them to vote no. This thing was dead on arrival.

The Dow is down over 600 for the second time today.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Democrat Response

Here is the Democratic response from Barney Frank....

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
“Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out.”

Andrew Jackson, the seventh president of the United States, who said these fiery words to a delegation of bankers in 1832

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
1:24 PM, Pacific Standard Time.

Dow down:about 7% down 777+points!!!!!

Nasdak down: about 9% down about 200 points!!!!

The bailout bill has be defeated.

So, they either steal out money-bailout or

they crash the economy and steal our worthless money.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The markets are going down in flames today. Is it because the bailout failed, or is it because the bankers knew it would fail, and are now pulling out all their investments to punish us?

regardless of that, here's an investment tip from me to you:

guns. invest in the protection of you and your families. there's a reason that the constitution protects your rights regarding the owning and bearing of arms, and i'd bet my now dwindling 401K that there's a reason that there are people that have been trying to repeal those rights... so that when the government takes it to the streets, there wouldn't be any weapons to resist.

i've got my investments in place, it's a hedge fund called Smith and Wesson.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
yes im glad that this bailout didnt pass.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is a historic day,y'all Congress finally had enough of the scare tatics and general bull from this adminstration that we had a rebellion we must show support for those who voted against this scam.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shockedonlooker
“Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time, and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out.”

Andrew Jackson, the seventh president of the United States, who said these fiery words to a delegation of bankers in 1832
Wow,Andy was pissed,man imagine if he were around now?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well....Kind of...The fed did pump over 600 billion into the market today anyway.
So they get that plus whatever they work out this week for another 700 billion.
These people are pure evil.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Yes the GOP.......Imagine that

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Wow,Andy was pissed,man imagine if he were around now?

I imagine he'd say something like i said, but he would take it a step further by organizing a revolt. Ole Andrew was a firecracker, of that you can be sure.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Dang BH, you deserve 700 Billion stars for what you said about Pelosi. I gave her one, anybody else want to contribute for the other 699 billion.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

"Well....Kind of...The fed did pump over 600 billion into the market today anyway."

Kinda like the justice system reverses the will of the voters.

Kinda like the president goes to war without the consent of the congress.

Kinda like the fall guy is always you and me.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

And that sir is why Andrew Jackson is my favorite president. Among other reasons.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So....when it turns out there is no Shadow Government (other than the one in your imaginations), and the global economy fails, and millions of innocent people suffer....are you prepared to help make things right again?

Just asking....

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Well....Kind of...The fed did pump over 600 billion into the market today anyway.

The Fed is not a part of the government, so those aren't tax dollars. What the Fed does with it's $$$ is up to the Fed.

When the taxes I pay, and the taxes my children will pay, and the taxes my grandchildren will have to pay are involved, that's when I get up in arms.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
So they get that plus whatever they work out this week for another 700 billion.
These people are pure evil.

Yes they dfid this so that tomorrow TH3 ON3's who got the money can buy up the stable stock of up and coming or old established "safe" companies thereby causing the market to gain or at least offset the losses.

A funny thing about confidence is that when people see the market stabilize they too relax and once again re-invest or at least stop betting against companies to go down.

It is about instilling confidence in our system just as much as it is about the money.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just a reminder to everyone. The House will PROBABLY put this same bill to a re-vote on Wednesday or Thursday, hoping to convince 6 Democrats and 6 Republicans to change their minds. And they could very well be successful, depending on what the market does in the next while.

PLEASE keep calling and writing your Congressmen and women to register your opinion. There are many other options they can take to rectify this situation. Bush is just rejecting them out of hand.

I just saw a representative Shays of Connecticut, I believe, who said that even though he received calls against the bill 30:1, he still voted for it!!! He should be FIRED! It's like our representatives have forgotten what their jobs are.

Stay on it! Because this POS will likely show up again in two days for a re-vote.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes but BH, hve you given any thought about how a very bad month in the markets could lead to a huge landslide in favor of the Democratic candidate?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

No, I haven't actually thought about that.

What I have thought about is what a mistake it would be to bail out these banks who have basically gambled their businesses away.

Again.

If they come up with a plan that:

A. Contains punitive actions against the people who caused this.
B. Has an oversight committee, not of politicians, but of economists.
C. Contains transparency (We, the people, need to see where every penny goes)
D. Infuses small, local banks with the money instead of handing it over the the executives of the big banks and Wall Street.
E. Automatically renegotiates mortgages of people who are foreclosing, making it easier for them to keep their houses
F. Lets the executives of big banks and Wall Street experience the consequences of screwing the people - instead of bailing them out, letting them keep their cars and homes and giving them huge severance packages.
G. Guarantees that we get the money back if the investment returns.
H. Places new "regulations" on big banks that INFORM home buyers of exactly what they're getting into so they aren't taken for a shock when their payment doubles...

I might be able to support that.

And if Obama becomes president because of how Bush and his cronies totally screwed up the economy, then that's fine, too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join