It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Central Banks Cut Sales Of Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

European Central Banks Cut Sales Of Gold

money.ninemsn.com.au

European central banks have cut their sales of gold to the lowest level in almost a decade, reversing the practice of recent years when hefty sales helped depress prices.

Institutions bound by the Central Bank Gold Agreement – the banks of the eurozone plus Sweden and Switzerland – sold about 343 tonnes of gold in the year that expired on Friday, the lowest amount since the first CBGA was signed in 1999.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Now, isn't this timely.

At the same time that 'central banks' are conniving and holding the U.S. and much of the rest of the world hostage, suddenly there's purported "record shortages" of gold and other prescious metals, that are actually WORTH something, as opposed to their worthless "promisary notes" they keep printing out by the billions in their fraud schemes against the masses, to keep us all in perpetual debt-slavery to them.

Get ready to see hoarding of gold the likes you have never seen before...The golden rule---He who has the gold makes the rules...

money.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My God, time is running out! I was on the fence about buying gold but all things point to a shortage of precious metals, planned or not.

I am getting my 100ouncer by the end this week.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
so when you "buy gold", do you actually get a big brick of gold or do you just get a cert. it may be a stupid question but i've always assumed you just get a cert, in which case it seems a bit pointless. if you get a brick, and things go to the wall and the system collapses, gold seems a pretty pointless thing to have regardless, for it to be of use someone has to be willing to trade with you. wouldn't a slab of baked beans be more valuable if things get really bad, and it strikes me as a safe enough investment so long as you actually eat baked beans.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Good question. Unless you have the actual material in your hands, the cert is as worthless as the worthless paper promisary notes that continue to flood into circulation. There is no guarantee or proof that these folks EVEN HAVE what you are trying to invest in.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i've checked it out myself, you can actually buy a brick of gold if you want, seems a bit mad to me but there you go. you can also buy coins. you can also but certs but they're not much better than cash if times are hard.

top topics

join