It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama coming to my city Wednesday, October 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well, I found out Obama will be speaking in La Crosse, Wi on Wednesday. This just so happens to be where I live, so I was wondering if it would be any benefit to the ATS community if I attended and took some pictures or anything? I will probably go either way as I have never seen a candidate live before, but I would have to borrow a camera, and if no one is interested I won't take the time to get one.

Link to LaCrosse News Site

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very cool! I think it would be great to go to an event like that. And if you decide to go, I would love to see pictures. I don't know how much it would benefit ATS, but it might be interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I, for one would like to view you're experiences when he comes.
Just be careful while you're there, never know what could turn up, the way the world is today. I get a bit paranoid nowdays just going to the grocery store, much less around soldiers wearing bulletproof vests sporting MP5s.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I was kind of curious as to what type of side shows would go on while he's in town. La Crosse has its share of protestors and such, as it is mostly a college/drinking town. So, part of me is going to see if any type of police activity occurs. But mainly, I just want to see how this guy is in person, I see commercials saying he's a great speaker/celebrity, and wanted to see if he was as captivating as they make him appear to be.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yep, Words are only half of the intent.
The way its presented is just as important.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Quick question. Are camera's allowed at these kind of events? The reason I ask is our local paper's article on this says:

Attendees should bring as few personal items as necessary; bags, signs and banners are not allowed.

I know it does not say camera's, but it does emphasize that only necessary items should be brought to this rally. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have never attended this and do not want to get turned away because of a camera.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Maybe bring your cell phone with camera feature? Seen lots of those on tv coverage.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

I think I may be the last remaining individual in modern society that has no cell phone whatsoever. I gave it up about 1.5 years ago after my provider start jacking my bill for no apparent reason.

new topics

top topics

join