It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Object changes direction TWICE

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreensGoblin
they look to me kinda like the 'rolling rocks' of death valley which are regularly found with huge trails in the sand (just like slugs but without the slime!). here is a site discussing them, not a very good site mind, but at least you can get what I'm talking about!

Rolling Rocks

THIS is amazing!!! Where is the photo from, please?
U2u me if you can't get a word in, I see what you mean but never mind them, there's us to think of, lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Mike mars image with that circular mark - tracks looks really strange.

Such a curved path from a rolling rock? mmm

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag
THIS is amazing!!! Where is the photo from, please?

A little Blue planet 3rd from the Sun... I believe it's call "Ground" or "Earth" Something like that

The Mysterious Wandering Rocks of Death Valley

In a remote corner of California's Death Valley National Park, on the floor of a dry lake bed called Racetrack Playa, can be seen the geological oddity of the sliding stones. While the force of gravity easily explains how dozens of rocks -- weighing up to 700 pounds -- could have fallen from the adjacent hillsides onto the margins of this long vanished ancient lake, it cannot explain how the rocks have moved far out onto the perfectly flat surface.

MORE HERE

Above are the two major movements during Reid's seven year period super imposed. Note the congruence of the tracks. (Reid et al, Fig. 1, 1995)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I've figured out the sliding rocks....

Ok, so maybe not, Paula Messina has written a dissertation on the rocks...

Paula Messina Essay

Trails created by the rocks vary in length and direction. Some trails show gradual (curving) or abrupt (angular) changes in direction; most trails indicate a general south/southwest to north/northeast motion (Kirk, 1952; Sharp and Carey, 1976)

Apparently they are known to travel up to 3.2 km...

Here's a nice paranormal site that discusses them and has some nice big pictures too...

Dancing Rocks

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
And Here is a link to Paula's dissertation.

Paula Dissertation

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Im with you OP IMO there are beings living on mars, its not science fiction its science fact IMO NASA know this but they don't share it.

I seem to be the only person on this site that thinks Mars and the moon has a breathable atmosphere. Also reading peoples posts on the subject I seem to be the only person that believes NASA (or other highly secret military/scientific corp) are already on Mars up to no good.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I'm not sure if you're the ONLY one
after gary mckinnon's interviews, and the original moon landing audio which is plain weird. I'm on your side, not sure about the atmosphere stuff, but I'm staying open to it all (robert anton wilson style!). In the words of Fox Mulder... I don't know anything, I have a hunch!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag

Originally posted by super70
I'm 90% sure this is a rock, I have posted like images before. But when I find an object that seems to defy what like objects are doing in the same vicinity, I post it. My point was that the other objects left straight tracks over the same ground, and the object in question maneuvered multiple times. As you can see on "turn 1", the angle of direction turns extremely sharp. What did the object hit? There is no larger stone in its path, and the tracks left never jumped or had a noticeable impact on its very defined track. It seems to me that if indeed there were an impact against some solid object, that the track would be altered in a visible way. It simply "turned" and swirved, then turned again. I might mention that no obviouse hill is present on its downhill course.

Here is another object that I found and posted in the past...

Food for thoughts! I like your abvatar super70. I copied your photo , edited to put your name on+ATS.

Same remark, do you have the fuller photo, to see where the 'walking''creature' comes from?

No problem, here is the image information:
PSP_008938_1750_RED.NOMAP.JP2

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

Thanx Super70, I will have a look. Very interesting thread.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Link to Super70's other thread, page 1, showing the full size photo (above mentioned in posts), that I found from Super70's reference, here is the link:

Click on the first photo there to see it full

Another excellent thread and photos,

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
2 edits from the MOJAVE Crater (Mars
) LivingMoon.com previously posted photos by Zorgon:

It seems that the tracks are in relief over-ground, so the travelling object would produce this 'overtracks' from under.

Further and different edits would be welcome to compare and check this possibility. Since the format of the original edit, 'png' download, I can't log it on my usual edition program.

I can't manage to situate it on the mighty original panorama of Mojave crater. However if we find other photos of similar tracks, we can always try to edit these,

TC

Mag

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Then there are the tracks Mike Singh found some time ago

Found on the HiRISE image PSP_001415_1875

Enjoy

[edit on 30-9-2008 by zorgon]

These photos are definitely interesting. If no official study comes from this from US/else paid researchers in the future, with as conclusion a list of possible explanations, followed by questions, along with similar examples, we could then solidly think that all the research is kept secret.

Oh and Zorgon, previously I wasn't saying LOL for you, (on first reply to same post), I meant it to some other poster's 'explanation' that is posted on page one. I have great respect and admiration for you Zorgon.

Mag

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it 'intelligent' movement but its an interesting find none the less, thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join