It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner links cameras to city cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Homeowner links cameras to city cops

www.suntimes.com

Charles Hill installed five surveillance cameras outside the 3,720-square-foot home he's building in West Chatham after local kids broke $3,700 worth of architectural windows.

From now on he won't be the only one checking the video when something bad happens on his block.

» Click to enlarge image

After vandals broke $3,700 worth of windows, Charles Hill had enough. He's linking his security cameras to Chicago's 911 center.
(Scott Stewart/Sun-Times)

» Click to enlarge image

Charles Hill is the first homeowner to agree to hook up his camera's to the City of Chicago network. This view is from a camera mounted above the front door.
(Scott Stewart/Sun-Times)

Hill has become the first private homeowner to take the city up on its unprecedented offer to connect privately owned exterior surveillance cameras to Chicago's 911 emergency center.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Do you people see how this is going down?
People will be begging for the New World Order not resisting it!
The best slave is one who thinks he is free.
We already have people voluntarily chipping themselves and now this?
"Please watch me all of the time so nobody hurts me".
All of our rights are not being "Taken" from us. We are gladly handing them over so the boogie man doesn't get us.
Lets hear it for the NWO!!!!

Hail Bush!!!!

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Stupid, not because I'm one of those people that believe the government watch to watch our every movement but more so because installing those camera and hooking them up will not provide any additional benefit that installing his own private security cameras would. Even if the 911 center does see a crime in progress, by the time they are able to respond and make the scene the crime will be over and the perpetrators will have left the scene. Yes, the cameras may be able to provide evidence, but private cameras would have been able to do the same thing.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zephyrs

It is stupid all the way around! Why would you want to hand your privacy over to the gov't so easily? Oh wait I know this one....

"Cuz' I aint doin' nuthin' wrong. If you aint doin nuthin' wrong you aint got nuthin to hide".

This is all based on fear. Everytime you see someone willingly hand over their rights it is ALWAYS based on fear.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
wow! why is he stupid for exercising his freedom to make a choice. You and I may not want this done, but that doesn't mean that he should be looked down on for making the choice... or does it?

I sometimes wonder where my loss of freedom will really be coming from... from those higher up or from the paranoid who have decided what freedom is and what it is not.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
wow! why is he stupid for exercising his freedom to make a choice. You and I may not want this done, but that doesn't mean that he should be looked down on for making the choice... or does it?

I sometimes wonder where my loss of freedom will really be coming from... from those higher up or from the paranoid who have decided what freedom is and what it is not.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by justamomma]

Last time I checked, I had the right to free speach which gives me the right to look down on anyone I wish. If this were your perfect world I'm sure people like me would be silenced. But as it turns out we still live in America (for now) and I can still say whatever the F**K I want to .

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We forget, those cameras watch the police too.

And how may times have we seen Police shy away from those cameras.

Do you really think Rodney King would have been found not guilty if not for the cameras?

Its a two way street......

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
why is he going this far with it though? thats what makes me wonder if this is simply a way to coax other fearful people to follow suit.

If you record with a video camera what good is it going to do to have it linked to the emergency center. You still have video footage.

Is someone going to be monitoring the footage all the time, just for him? or is there a system already set up with other cctvs?

To me the only thing a video camera would be good for in this situation is evidence. Perhaps you will get a license plate or a mugshot which you could then take to the police.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs
Stupid, not because I'm one of those people that believe the government watch to watch our every movement but more so because installing those camera and hooking them up will not provide any additional benefit that installing his own private security cameras would. Even if the 911 center does see a crime in progress, by the time they are able to respond and make the scene the crime will be over and the perpetrators will have left the scene. Yes, the cameras may be able to provide evidence, but private cameras would have been able to do the same thing.

I fully agree, but worst than that, what we don't realise is that it's often problem reaction solution. Someone should see if this guy has any links to anyone who would benift from this.

These people when they have an agenda, find a way to implement it. I just think it should be checked into in case he is related to, or associated with someone who would have an agenda for getting homeowners to install these cameras, you know, "just to get the ball rolling".

I was just watching a video on youtube, where these three anti-war protesters were peeving off the cops, one had a rock, they had masks on their faces, they looked like typical protestors, and then eventually they were lead through the police line and arrested, while down on the ground, they showed their boots.

The same police issue boots that the cops were wearing, special issue with these yellow tabs on the bottom, are the same exact boots two of the so called protestors were wearing. The video was showing that some of these people at these rallies who are starting trouble, are working for the police themselves, or are Informants, and when they encourage others to follow their lead, that gives the police an excuse to use force.

So all I am saying is we know they like to use, problem, reaction, solution, so it's always good to look deeper.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Harassment101]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbassIf this were your perfect world I'm sure people like me would be silenced. But as it turns out we still live in America (for now) and I can still say whatever the F**K I want to .

So in YOUR perfect world I would be silenced? In my perfect world, you wouldn't be... you would just be laughed at by me personally. You have somewhat confirmed my suspicions of where my loss of freedoms will be coming from. Good day to you

top topics

join