It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Still around?

Hello out there. I seem to have a tendency to stumble back into this forum every 6 months or so. I'm quite surprised, or maybe not I guess, to find the exact same conversations going on every time I come around. I don't get it. As far as I can tell - absolutely nothing has changed.

I guess I'll focus on this CIT stuff, because it just really seems to stick in my craw more than the other stuff. I pick on Craig, because I remember from the past he seems to be very disrespectful to people with whom he disagrees. It seems the whole world is a bunch of evil liars, even the terrorists who lied about doing it.

There are still the same arguments about witnesses, and plane parts, and viewpoints.

Craig - how do you see this playing out? You've been at this for at least a couple years now right?
What else is there to do? How many witnesses do you think it’s going to take?
In 5 years, will you still be here - bragging about witness #22?
At some point don't you have to find something else to do?

So I ask this legitimate question - How long till you throw in the towel?

Please don’t give me the sanctimonious answer of never, because you are a true patriot or whatever.

It’s pretty clear this isn't going anywhere.

There comes a point where everyone has to move on - when will that be?

What other interests do you have?

Maybe this is a more a question for all the conspiracy people. I don’t get the mindset of clinging to something that any rational person is able to dismiss without a doubt. Maybe it’s just a way to spend your free time, like a hobby or something.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I consider myself to be a rational, logical person and I see merit in the CIT investigation. The fact that they continue on and gather and collate data only speaks to their passion for the subject rather than any failure on their part, as you so sanctimoniously suggest.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes

Perhaps it is you who need to expand your mind and realise that that there is more going on than you may understand and believe in your tiny little world.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
We may 'still' be on here....but you're 'still' apparently thinking about us all the time. Enough to repetitively check up on us.

I think you have a crush on us.
How sweet.

Can the mods move this entire thread to wherever bad threads go to die?
It really has nothing to do with anything related to 9/11.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by megaman1234
So I ask this legitimate question - How long till you throw in the towel?

There comes a point where everyone has to move on - when will that be?

Imagine if one of you family members(son or daughter, husband or wife, mom or dad) was murdered by some unknown psycho. Now one day, the investigators call you saying they caught the guy. The day of the court date arrives and your sitting at one table, he's at another. You look into this persons' eyes, your sixth sense kicks in and you just know this is not the guy. Not to mention the investigators' evidence proving the guilt of this guy is weak, however, they sentence this guy to life in prison anyway.

Seven years down the road, you think about the innocence you saw in that guys' eyes. You know deep down they have not found the real killer.

Would you give up(when the police have) and "throw in the towel"?
Would you "move on" knowing the real killer is still running around somewhere?

I don't think so!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wow - those are some funny screen names.

I thought it was a legitimate question. How long till a group like CIT loses steam? Do they have any form of an exit strategy? I'm not just trolling or whatever.

The last reply was way out there, as far as I know they are not in the situation you describe. They are just a few guys pretty much drumming this up completely of their own volition.

I looked around and saw some people berating them for not bringing the evidence to authorities - but this a completely different inquiry.

I don’t see where any progress has been made at all. When do you throw in the towel? Are you ever afraid that by doing this you are seriously hurting your long-term prospects for any meaningful employment outside of this?

I guess this question could be posed to any number of CT’s, again – I just remember having firsthand experience with this CIT crew.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I can see the point of some of the arguments against the CIT investigation, but more and more, like this topic here, it seems more like, say, people logging on to a bands forum to post 'LOL, ur band n muzic sux', pointless and without merit.

The OP of this thread really archtypifies that mindset. I'm not saying CIT shouldn't be argued against, a contrary position is useful to positive advancement of a subject, but this topic is not useful.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by megaman1234
The last reply was way out there, as far as I know they are not in the situation you describe. They are just a few guys pretty much drumming this up completely of their own volition.

It wasn't directed to, or describing CIT...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Niobis, that is not a good analogy, because there is no evidence showing anything but the official story. The evidence is anything but “weak”, especially considering there is none to support a conspiracy. Even unanswered questions don’t lead to some of the theories out there.

I don’t agree with CIT’s opinions, but drudging up an old thread just to goad him along is pointless, maybe not technically trolling, but pointless non the less. I have noticed lately that there have been more posts where trolling seems to be allowed while non-conspiracy theory people get moderated.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Jake the Dog Man]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jake the Dog Man
Niobis, that is not a good analogy, because there is no evidence showing anything but the official story. The evidence is anything but “weak”...

No evidence? How exactly do you define "evidence"?

Yeah, there's no evidence of fire-initiated collapses. There's no evidence a 757 hit the Pentagon. There's no evidence that a plane crashed anywhere on 9/11.

I call excluding evidence weak evidence.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There are plenty of threads to bicker the same wacky theories, this one simply shows how relentless the conspiracy theorists are.

The fact that you believe there is no evidence of planes crashing (a no-planer) shows that you actually believe all of the plane wreckage was planted, regardless, it is evidence. Evidence ignored is the best you have, but there needs to be something to support these claims. Even CIT has a shred of something, still flimsy at best, but it could be something tangible. You need to ask yourself why you choose to ignore all the evidence.

See, your side needs to prove that the evidence that is everywhere is wrong. Show something… plane parts being planted, explosives being used, holograms even being possible (let alone being used), something, anything. If you still continue to disregard all the evidence after 7 years, nothing said to you in this thread will change your thinking.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jake the Dog Man

I'm going to "bicker" now, because you pointed "weak evidence" out of my analogy so I must retaliate.

...shows that you actually believe all of the plane wreckage was planted, regardless, it is evidence.

If it's planted that doesn't exactly make it legitimate, so therefore, it's weak. The lack of debris and wreckage is the main problem. I have never heard of any other 767 crash in which a 737 engine was found, have you?

Evidence ignored is the best you have...

No sir, but I really didn't feel this the necessary thread to debate evidence. I could type out about 500 things to support my claims, but again, I don't think this is the thread to do that. However to reply, I have listed a few things below.

You need to ask yourself why you choose to ignore all the evidence.

I'm not ignoring evidence, it is you sir that is ignoring the lack of evidence supporting the OS.

See, your side needs to prove that the evidence that is everywhere is wrong.

That has been done many times.

plane parts being planted, explosives being used, holograms even being possible (let alone being used), something, anything

As I said above, they found a 737 engine where a 767 allegedly crashed. I call that planted plane parts.

Explosives being used--let's count how many characteristics of controlled demolition are featured compared to a fire induced collapse.

Controlled demolition--
-flashes, check (seen in videos)
-sounds, check (heard in videos)
-witnesses of flashes and sounds, check
-free-fall collapse, very close, check
-pyroclastic dust clouds, check
-core column damage first, check
-rapid onset of collapse, check
-"squibs", check
-blast waves, check
-demolition waves, check
-total destruction, check
-symmetrical collapse, check with WTC 7, but not with 1 and 2 because destruction started at the initial attack areas(at the top)
-collapse into footprint, check with WTC 7, but not with 1 and 2 because destruction started at the initial attack areas(at the top)
-experts agree it was CD, check
-fore-knowledge of collapse, check (on all 3 WTC buildings)

(Not to mention steel beams being individualized, and the 20 ton beams being ejected 500 feet away. Only explosives can explain that. And the molten metal in the basements of all 3 WTCs.)

Destruction by fire:
-asymmetrical collapse following the path of least resistance, no. (Watch the top floors of the South Tower when it begins its collapse. Why didn't that large section of building hit the ground? Instead it violates laws of angular momentum, and is pulverized.)
-temperatures hot enough to soften steel, no
-slow onset, no
-experts agree it was fire, check (But I wouldn't exactly call them "experts", more along the lines of "paid".)

Hmm...yeah, those were controlled demolitions.

Holograms? I don't subscribe to the hologram theory.

If you still continue to disregard all the evidence...

Again, I think you mean lack of evidence supporting the OS. Lack of evidence is weak evidence.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Any more attacks on members or comments not directly related to the topic will result in warnings...

"Troll" is NOT a On Topic response.

If you want to be taken seriously, I suggest you post seriously.

Semper

new topics

top topics

join