It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tasering of Mom with Baby 'Necessary' Police Say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here is an interesting follow up letter posted Friday by one of this newpaper's readers.

This Tasering Was Not A Good Idea

Perhaps police officers should be required to have one of their own family members Tasered before being allowed to carry these weapons.

It would make them more cautious about using them on others in a profligate manner. And if the weapon is too dangerous to use on their loved ones, what right do they have to use it on any other citizen?

Now that would be interesting....

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In all the realities, all the universes, in all the unique situations that might arise from any form of sentient life, from the earliest cave man to the mightiest of emperors to the most distant of far-flung star wanderers, it is never, ever "necessary" to taser a mother who is protecting her child in this way. Ever.

How they can think that sentence is permissible is...strange. I just want to say "I realise that every little step seemed logical when you took it, but don't you think this might be the time to stand back and objectively ask ourselves: what are we doing?"

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This is more than an incident of abuse, and should qualify as a crime against nature. The young mother was reacting as any mother of any species would when faced with a perceived threat on the well being of her child. I am appalled that law enforcement officers resort to using what was considered a form of extreme torture, so readily. This type of abuse of authority is going to do nothing but alienate even law abiding citizens and create fear and distrust of all uniformed law enforcement officers. This makes one wonder if this is a terrorist ploy being instituted to enable a totalitarian take over of the North American continent.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join