It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we under Martial Law Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wasn't sure if You Tube c-span videos count as breaking news, so I through this topic up here instead. In this video, Representative Burgess mentioned that we have been under martial law since the other night. Is this just a congressional procedure? Or does he mean the country?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
NO. Congressional martial law is different. It only affects the house.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
OK, I found the answer to my own question, I'm guessing you guys will want to know as well! It is a procedural committee rule. You can read specifically about the order Burgess refers to here: rules-republicans.house.gov...

Basically it means they don't actually have to read the law they are voting on. I guess that makes it a lot more convenient for them to screw us over. I wouldn't want them to actually have to work to screw us over or anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nevertheless, congressional martial law can be just as dangerous. It's like not being allowed the content of a contract, and then being forced to sign anyway. The FED is effectively holding our government hostage untill they agree on their terms. I've very proud that that is my congressman outing the control that is being placed on them. This is getting serious, people are very angry. It's as if you can feel an uprising approaching.

join