It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA 'backed' Irish battle against Brussels treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

CIA 'backed' Irish battle against Brussels treaty

www.timesonline.co.uk

FIRST it was the sheer ingratitude of the Irish, then it was the failure of the Dublin government to mount a successful yes campaign. Now Brussels has found a new explanation as to why Ireland voted down the European Union treaty in June - a CIA and Pentagon-backed plot, devised by American neoconservatives to weaken the EU.

The European parliament wants an inquiry into whether Declan Ganley, the multi-millionaire chairman of the Libertas group that campaigned against the treaty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Would be interesting to find out what American voters think of this? We usually expect american interference in Latin America and other third world
countries not against the EU which contains other G-8 partners.

Does the US fear a unified EU that much ??

If this turns out to be true what would it do EU trade relations and the future of NATO??

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Regardless what us Europeans think of the EU, it is our business to discuss it - not Americans. The Governor of Texas had a hissy fit when we asked America to halt the death penalty and now we find out Americans are derailing our politics

You really couldn't make it up.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Being Irish myself and hailing from Dublin I can tell you that I doubt thats the reason we said no, cause everyone I spoke to said no.

Why cant they just accept our answer dammit, and why more countries didint vote no is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If this is true, then it's pretty shocking. I'm not particularly in favour of the EU - Britain seems to get the short end of so many sticks - but it's Europe's business not America's.

However, I'd like to see a little bit more information to support this claim before I start petrol bombing the nearest McDonalds.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

Here in Holland we had a chance to vote about the Europian Union treaty in 2005.

We voted no, and I think the people of France did to.

After those results, they somewhat changed the treaty, so it looks more acceptable as they jam it down our throats.

Now we don't even get a say in it anymore, because they already know our answer.

Edit to add: the CIA story is obviously BS. Just another spin by the EU pushers, maybe even to create the notion that we need to be one strong European nation, to protect us from the "evil" Americans.

[edit on 29/9/08 by enigmania]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I for one really hope the CIA did fund the campaign against the EU treaty, it will have been one of their best decisions in many years. The sooner this lousy treaty and the EU as a whole dies a very painful and violent death the better then we can go about reclaiming the rights and freedoms that our grandparents fought and in many cases died to protect and yet have been given away without a fight by successive lousy governments and their sycophants

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outlawstar

Why cant they just accept our answer dammit, and why more countries didint vote no is beyond me.

At least some countries are getting a vote on it!

We've been shafted a few too many times with this in England. First promising a vote but then saying a votes not necessary because the treaty is now a different one.

"Everything's all right now, proles! Go back to your little homes, nothing to worry about. Just forget evvvvverrrrryyyything."

Bastards.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
ok,so i'm new here,i replied in this thread anon but it doesnt seem to be showing up,didnt want to reply under username until i had introduced myself proplerly but this topic struck a nerve,so i'll repeat myself...

As a proud Irish citizen and one of many that voted NO,i take serious offence to this article.God forbid that a lil' old country like Ireland should stand up for themselves and stand against the corruption that is ALL western government,Americans on here keep saying lets fight the neocons,down with NWO etc..I will be seriously dissapointed if any members on here come along and say...YES,this is indeed a case of U.S Neocons using us irish as a pawn in a power game against the EU...puh-lease,a neocon is a neocon is a neocon!!oh look the fightin' Irish aint fighters no more,they have succumbed to the brainwashing etc.Would it not be great if a powerful U.S state rose up and stood against the corruption that is destroying such a great nation,planting the seed for other states to follow..thats simply what Ireland has done,there are a lot of my fellow european citizens waking up now,that no matter how tiny a nation ,that every voice must and eventually will be heard in the name of democracy.My American friends its the same battle we all fight,just a different battleground.

There is talk of a 2nd lisbon treaty vote in Ireland in the coming months,i guarantee you if such a thing were to take place it would be a landslide in favour of another NO vote,and i wouldnt be because the CIA etc has coerced us...Sarkozy and friends know this,i wouldnt be surprised if this rumour the article speaks of was conjured up by them.

Let the A-holes throw us out of the EU already,it wouldnt be the first time Ireland has stood alone and been thrown to the sidelines in history.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, and amen to that.

We're all in the same sinking ship here.

America, Europe, it's all NWO territory.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i can't believe there are irish posters who aren't aware of this.

the links between the military industrial complex in the US and ganley are definitely there, can't say if there are direct links to the CIA but i think it does warrant an investigation. the question marks are over a princely couple of million euro, hardly a big time black-op.

i don't think libertas could claim credit for the way the vote went, i thought the yes guys did a far better job of influencing people to vote no than libertas did, but i would be interested to find out why exactly they were involved.

just a thought, CIA involvement in influencing away from a more cohecive, less democratic europe would seem counter intuitive if you believe them to be involved in an NWO conspiracy.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by pieman]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
so they think the Irish only voted no because of the CIA.....these power hungry leeches in Brussels just cant handle the idea that people don't like the treaty and where it will take them... i wont be surprised if the next vote will be rigged to get the yes vote...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

this is the irish government we're talking about, i wouldn't be surprised if the first vote was rigged to return a yes vote.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by fatdad

this is the irish government we're talking about, i wouldn't be surprised if the first vote was rigged to return a yes vote.

I have an inkling that maybe the vote was tampered with,in my eyes and many others the result was far too neck and neck,the outcome of the NO vote should have been in the high 60s maybe even mid 70s (percentage wise) at least,i swear it was so rare to actually come across someone who intended on voting YES...hmmm,still the NO vote prevailed,thankfully so,im so grateful we don't have electronic voting...it's still the good ol' pen and paper,people can call us out of touch and backwards all they want...meh..screw 'em!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by justAgirlSmartererThanU

the thought crossed my mind more than once. i haven't met anyone willing to admit to voting yes.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is the best excuse I have heard yet! Are people really that silly to think the CIA had something to do with the no vote?? If anything the CIA would want Ireland to sign this treaty! There is something not right about that Frog sticking his nose in everyones business! I am sure he is under the American Governments thumb! So if hes for the treaty then I am against! If theres another vote it will be a NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and alot of anger directed towards mister frog and our own fat leader!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join