It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who are against Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm not talking about spiritually, but opposed to the idea of Satan, opposed to the fact that God created Satan, and knew / wanted / required Satan to do the things he does.

Satan is needed. Satan has a job to do, a job that fits in the God's plans for everything. You cannot have good without evil, you cannot have light without dark. Apparently, you cannot have life without temptation...

There are many of us here on ATS that understand the concepts of balance, that in order to believe in something, you have to take in all its facets. However, there are those who call us many things... even the people who SHOULD understand the concept.

Satan did not turn against God. Satan did not set out to torture Job. It was not by Satan's decree that Jesus be tempted and crucified.

Satan has never been referred to as a demon, but an angel, albeit a fallen angel (but here, too, there is a deeper meaning). God's main and first angel, as a matter of fact, His most important one.

Now then, for those of us who have tried to argue this point, who have struggled with evidence / proof / examples of this, our battle is over, for I have found a site that clarifies everything mentioned here and elsewhere.

For those who argue the case that Satan somehow acted of his own accord (but how, angels don't have free will), I challenge you do disprove this.

bible-truths.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If satan did not exist would we create him????

I probably do believe that satan, actually stands for some entity. I like to believe there are two sides, dictating to us on earth, so there you have your balance.

Can i ask you a question, would you sell your soul to the devil(satan, or lucifer or whatever you call him), really???

What also interests me, is that they say the people, in those secret societies, cannot say the word jesus, it is not allowed. I wonder why that is? lol

[edit on 9/29/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am a traditional Kabalist, so my overall opinions and doings are rather mote on this subject.

Would I sell my soul? Good question. However, I am one of those that understands his destiny, his purpose for being, and so I cannot answer this out-right.

I would like for you, though, to go to the link, and check it out... it gives biblical scripture to support the whole "Satan is needed" debate.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
OP. This thread has nothing to do with Origins & Creationism Conspiracy. Could you please ask admin to move this thread instead of underminding the whole point of this forum?

thanks.
Riley.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is a religious thread... involves the origins of Satan, the creation of, dare is say, evil?

And since there have been so many threads regarding this matter, why, a conspiracy it must be.

(and since good and evil is the undermining factor in human nature, it would seem that a good place to start in solving this riddle would be at the source, wouldn't you agree? no undermining here)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This argument is purely hypothetical, as I believe in neither god nor satan.

However...

If God created Satan, as the Bible holds that he did, and is infinitely good and just, as the Bible claims he is, we find a logical contradiction. For if Satan was created by God, he is a creature of God's imagining, and is most certainly evil.

This means that God not only had the capacity to imagine evil, but also created it and released it into the world of his creation.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiDrifter

This means that God not only had the capacity to imagine evil, but also created it and released it into the world of his creation

Hahahaha, just read the Bible and you will see how evil, bitter and twisted "God" can be. And as for Satan, well he is just like Judas. You always need a bad guy in fictional stories to make the hero look like a hero.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
This is a religious thread... involves the origins of Satan, the creation of, dare is say, evil?

And since there have been so many threads regarding this matter, why, a conspiracy it must be.

Post it in the religion forum then.. or in bts. There is no conspiracy here and it has NOTHING to do with ToE &creationism which is what this forum is actually for.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by riley]

top topics

join