It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mother of all conspiracies, (satan) Great website link inside....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
www.arkhaven.org... link too site.

"Many prominent economists and theologians tell us a depression is coming to America. Is a conspiracy behind this coming depression? Satan’s system is the mother of all conspiracies, and he is using them to establish his anti-Christ system, wittingly or unwittingly. The author describes a possible scenario of how Satan can accomplish this feat, and how God is calling Christians to prepare for this depression physically, mentally, and spiritually."

"Satan is the “mother” of all conspiracies. Since he does not have a heaven or hell or hope or happiness to offer us, he also has no religion or truth to offer. So over the millennia he has spawned—or mothered—hundreds of counterfeit, conspiratorial religions and philosophical systems.

He is a cunning tyrant whose whole existence is given over to hating, deceiving, and destroying us. The sole purpose of spawning these lies is to set in place his powerful one-world antichrist system."

I dont exactly agree with all the statements in this article, some of the views are great though, and it's just generally a great website everyone check it out, the link is www.arkhaven.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Gee, and it's SO convenient for corrupt politicians, for religious leaders, for dime a dozen preachers, for paedophiles and murderers and liars and cheats ... that there's this 'satan' to dump the blame on, huh ?

Ever wondered how the world would have fared without 'satan' ?

For a start, organised religion would have had to actually DO something to earn its keep.

You can see how heavily organised religions rely on 'satan', can't you --- they'd have run out of material and justification for their own existence hundreds of years ago if they hadn't had old 'satan'.

Gosh, he's so vital to the world, they would have had to invent him.

Hang on ... maybe they did ... ?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Actually, if Satan was real, it would explain an awful lot wouldn't it? It makes sense to me anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

People LIKE the idea of 'satan'.

But if you research 'satan', you might discover that like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, he fills a need.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
'Satan' is just an excuse to blame man's own evl's visited on another human being to stop the evildoer from feeling guilty.
"Satan made me do it" is such a cop out.
Man has to make choices and if he makes a wrong one he can't own up to it but blames it on the evil of Satan.
Get a grip people there is no Satan ,only man's hatred for other men that think differently to themselves.
Religeon is rife with Satan . christian says your a muslim , you believe in satan and follow his ways,muslim says your a christian , your a believer of satan, we can't win against evil like this until we start showing a bit of compassion to other men and their right to believe in whatever they want to , I'm a pagan myself and I don't believe in satan but I'm accused of satanism by other religeons. I practice witchcraft to raise the devil but to be honest the devil is amongst us already and he is called MAN, We can choose to do evil or good.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Hi,

When you say: "I practice witchcraft to raise the devil..."

Do you mean to elevate the devil's spiritual development, consciousness, awareness... to cause the devil that is within man to be raised to the light and out of darkness?

Reason I ask is because for a Christian to read "raise the devil" would sound like a very evil thing to do.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.

Hi,

When you say: "I practice witchcraft to raise the devil..."

Do you mean to elevate the devil's spiritual development, consciousness, awareness... to cause the devil that is within man to be raised to the light and out of darkness?

Reason I ask is because for a Christian to read "raise the devil" would sound like a very evil thing to do.

Thanks

sorry for the confusion I meant to add brackets in , I personally don't practice witchcraft to try and raise the devil , but I meant to say in the context of other religeons, It should have read along the the lines of "other religeons say that because I am a Pagan that I must practice witchcraft to try and raise the devil".
Trying to raise the devil in any religeon is a pointless waste of time as he doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
lets see, how is the easiest way to put this?
by biblical pastoral logic:

First there was God

whom created the heavens, earth, plants, animals, angels and last but not least humans

now, how do you think "Satan" came to be?

Don't mean to burst your bubble but God created "Satan" according to the Bible. Actually, it also says he works for God. Much like Gods advocate in many ways.

I think what a lot of Christians who have been taught "Satan" is this evil creature from the depths of a firey pit need to do is sit down and try to figure out the symbology for themselves of what and who this Satan actually is.

So, in the spirit of trying to help guide you down a path to real truth
remember a few things.

There would be no good without one thing. Human beings.

There would also be no evil without one thing. Human beings.

OK. have a good one

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I can see and understand why it would be thought that there is no devil.

I can also see and understand why some think that the devil is real.

I had thought from reading your previous posting that you may have thought that the devil was real and I wanted to help with the perception of what "raising" could alternately mean. There's a passage in the O.T. about Moses raising the serpent with healing in it's wings. i.e. The devil transformed.

Or in other words, the ego/duality driven individual transformed to have the Christ consciousness (or whatever term you would most be comfortable with).

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wiccans, among other pagans, do worship and sacrifice to a horned god named satan, but that is not the very belzebub mentioned in this thread.

I just want to raise my banner for the Gnostic belief, old as christianity itself (probably older) but it developed in the opposite direction;

The world is an evil place with all it's wars and plagues and corruption and so on. Some might wonder why god would let this happen on his creation but that's just the thing; it is supposed to be that way because the god mentioned in the old testament (most likely the same as in the new one) is the true devil. He is evil and so is his creation, and one should strive to release oneself from it (not by comitting suicide, but to leave it on a more spiritual level). The "real" God exists on a level way beyond and that Gods' creation is the "true" world we are all ment to be living in.

Maybe Satan is the real God (this is not mentioned in classic Gnostisim) and it is all upside down...
I don't count myself to this religion but I sure as hell see myself standing closer to it than I do to christianity (to which I feel no realtion at all).

It's the same problem as always with christianity- the lack of taking an active part in what is happening on earth. It's always "God has a plan"-this and "Satan is spreading his darkness upon the mind of man"-that.
It is sooo easy to put the blame on them since they can't be brought before a court. Man, take responsibility for your own actions instead of waiting for some great "salvation" that will not come. We screwed it up- we fix it. The will be no divine intervention to sort this mess out. It is up to us so get your lazy ass out of the chair and go do something!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this link, I have quite a bit of reading to do.
This is quite interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snift
Thank you for posting this link, I have quite a bit of reading to do.
This is quite interesting.

Hey thats oki, i knew people would be interested, i'm glad you like the post, thanks for the replies everyone else too
x

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stephenwephentephen

Nice post but wasn´t Lucifer just a particularly nasty Mesopotamian king and wasn´t Hell just a huge sprawling rubbish tip on the outskirts of ancient Judea which emitted sulphurious odours?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stephenwephentephen

I am the author of the posted article. First I was surprised to see all these hits from this website on my control panel, because I was not asked or told about the use of my article. Second, none of the posts seem to even get the subject ... the economy.

As to whether any of you who wrote those posted letters believe in God or Satan or not, why not wait and bring that up with Yahweh when you stand before the White Throne Judgment (Revelation 20:11), which every soul will, whether they believe it or not.

Since my domain is already listed, it is abovetopsecret who posted my identity.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by abelievingskeptic
lets see, how is the easiest way to put this?
by biblical pastoral logic:

First there was God

whom created the heavens, earth, plants, animals, angels and last but not least humans

now, how do you think "Satan" came to be?

Don't mean to burst your bubble but God created "Satan" according to the Bible. Actually, it also says he works for God. Much like Gods advocate in many ways.

That is incorrect. According to the Bible, God did not create Satan, he created Lucifer, an archangel, who later became Satan (meaning adversay) through his own free will, greed, and pride.

EZEKIEL 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so : thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

ISAIAH 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Satan is not God's advocate, he is his adversary, which is what the Hebrew word Satan means.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It is my belief that God created everything for our good.

I do not think He created anything that could in the end actually oppose Him as was suggested by the previous poster. Afterall, the plan is that all will come to know God. Satan, as adversary, is our adversary, but only for the purpose of further refining an individual's nature to that of Christ's.

My understanding of the symbolism of the devil, Lucifer (the Morning Star) and Satan is:

The devil is the less than virtuous impulses within ourselves that we will either indulge in or don't. If those impulses are continually denied, we gain power over the devil within us and become of a more of refined nature with less in common with the natural, brutish, carnal person.

Yet, this person has not yet been tried by fire. And this is where Satan comes in for the purpose of bringing an individual into oneness with God, which is what Jesus prayed for each of us to have. (Remember Jesus too had his episode with Satan who placed before him choices.)

Satan's office concerns dealing with those who have become righteous... not perfected, but righteous... such as Job was before his trial. Satan is allowed to create situations in a person's life that appeals to that individual's last area/s of temptation that could be just one or two things that usually revolve around money, power or sex.

These situations are created as a test. Will Satan be thrust out of heaven (as Luke wrote: saw Satan fall from heaven like lightening) and the individual overcome their test? Or will the individual fail the test and remain less than perfect... a 666? These tests are excruciating as anyone who has been through the dark night of the soul will know.

If the individual overcomes, this is when the "serpent" is lifted up with healing in it's wings. Those who have not yet overcome are still quite elevated spiritually, but often lack humility, act and talk as if they know it all, and often are a bit insane.

Now, Lucifer, the bright morning star, which as you may know is also what Jesus refers to himself as in Revelation, can be a recently elevated soul who then becomes prideful.

So, all this to just say that Satan isn't God's adversary, but His servant.

True that He gets thrown into the Lake of Fire at the end. Satan's services will no longer be needed. Yet, I don't think that Satan will be extinguished but will rather be sent elsewhere to continue his trying of souls.

Remember, the plan is that ALL will know God. After a person overcomes the final judgment that Satan has set up, they will know and be with God.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It is my belief that God created everything for our good.

I do not think He created anything that could in the end actually oppose Him as was suggested by the previous poster. Afterall, the plan is that all will come to know God. Satan, as adversary, is our adversary, but only for the purpose of further refining an individual's nature to that of Christ's.

The angels, just like us humans, were created with free will. Sure God created us all knowing that we would/could turn against him, but that is not his will. Jesus himself said to pray for deliverance from the evil one in the Lord's prayer, not to be put in Satan's hand. The very term antichrist means literally against Christ, opposite or in opposition to, and John said there were many even in his day, so to say that God wouldn't create anything that would in the end oppose him completely contradicts scripture. John also says....

1John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

What the devil is doing is Sin, and what does John say sin is?

1John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The greek word translated at transgress here is anomia, meaning illegality, violation of the law, wickedness etc. What is Satan violating? The law of God, the will of God. Satan is not doing the work of God, though God does allow Satan to exist to show us the contrast between the ways of Satan and the ways of God, but only for this current age. Scripture talks of a time when Satan will be punished for his works, and done away with. If Satan's job was to help bring people to God, I hardly believe he would be punished for it. Satan is the deceiver, the destroyer, the adversary, and will suffer for his actions....

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I so often think that it would be wonderful if people actually knew what Jesus, a Jew, knew.

According to Judaism:

The word satan means "challenger", "difficulty", or "distraction" (note that it is not a proper name). With the leading ha- to make haSatan, it refers to /the/ challenger. This describes Satan as the angel who is the embodiment of man's challenges. HaSatan works for G-d. His job is to make choosing good over evil enough of a challenge so that it can be a meaningful choice. In other words, haSatan is an angel whose mission it is to add difficulty, challenges, and growth experiences to life. Contrast this to Christianity, which sees Satan as God's opponent. In Jewish thought, the idea that there exists anything capable of setting itself up as God's opponent would be considered overly polytheistic—you are setting up the devil to be a god or demigod.

The notion of an angel having free will is alien to Judaism. Free will requires the tension created by being a soul dwelling in a body. People can have free will, angels can't. There is a debate over whether they lack the potential for free will, or whether they simply percieve reality to clearly to have any choices to make. But in any case, without the fence-straddling of the human condition, there is no free will. HaSatan acts as a servant of God, not as an opponent or even disobediant child. Angels cannot sin, they cannot fall.

www.shamash.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You people come out every time the world "ends," stephenweffywhatepher!

The world hasnt' ended any of the other billion times it was suposed to be over, and neither has Satan arrived.

This might be the end of the world as we know it, but I'm betting the world goes on.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I so often think that it would be wonderful if people actually knew what Jesus, a Jew, knew.

According to Judaism:

The word satan means "challenger", "difficulty", or "distraction" (note that it is not a proper name). With the leading ha- to make haSatan, it refers to /the/ challenger. This describes Satan as the angel who is the embodiment of man's challenges. HaSatan works for G-d. His job is to make choosing good over evil enough of a challenge so that it can be a meaningful choice.

The word Satan means a little more than simply a distraction or a challenge, it means to oppose, resist, to be an adversary, to withstand. It may be your belief that Satan works for God, but it is not based on what scripture says about Satan. The plain and simple question is, if Satan works for God, why will he be punished by God for it? Why did God rebuke the serpent in the Garden of Eden if the serpent was working for God in the first place?

Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

In other words, haSatan is an angel whose mission it is to add difficulty, challenges, and growth experiences to life. Contrast this to Christianity, which sees Satan as God's opponent. In Jewish thought, the idea that there exists anything capable of setting itself up as God's opponent would be considered overly polytheistic—you are setting up the devil to be a god or demigod.

Saying Satan is an adversary of God does not make him a god or demi-god, just like saying that an antichirst is an adversary of God does not make them a god.

The notion of an angel having free will is alien to Judaism. Free will requires the tension created by being a soul dwelling in a body. People can have free will, angels can't. There is a debate over whether they lack the potential for free will, or whether they simply percieve reality to clearly to have any choices to make. But in any case, without the fence-straddling of the human condition, there is no free will. HaSatan acts as a servant of God, not as an opponent or even disobediant child. Angels cannot sin, they cannot fall.

The idea that Angels have free will, can sin, and fall, is not alien to Judaism. Just as you said, to sin or transgress the law of God takes free will. Speaking of the Cherub (angel) Satan, the Jewish prophet Ezekiel wrote...

EZEKIEL 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so : thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

If Satan was perfect in his ways till iniquity (lawlessness) was found in him, because he had sinned, this proves angels have free will, and they they can and indeed have sinned. Satan sinned against God, which is why he ceased to be Lucifer (the light bearer) and became Satan, the adversary. He tried to raise himself up above God....

ISAIAH 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Note that these two esteemed prophets were also Jewish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join