It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has the best intelligiance service in the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i personally think its the mossad, although everyone knows the name, no one knows what goes on with them, i mean us brits arent exactley good a keeping a secret, u can just walk straight into the mi6 building

well tell me what u know??

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'd have thought at least part of being the 'best intelligence agency' was based how it processed information it collected from other intelligence agencies &c. I think it's doubtful that any intelligence agency on earth achieves all it successes from intelligence it's gathered alone.

Also, no matter how good an intelligence agency is, it always relies on how effectively a government utilises that the information that is gleaned through the agency.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They're all as bent and as devious as each other.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Depends on areas of operations:

MI6 is excellent at maintaining stability (ie spying on everyone).

The CIA is excellent at spying on their own citizens!

RAW and Mossad are the masters of counter-terrorist intelligence

ISI (though a bunch of terrorists sympathisers) are admittedly highly effective at what they do (infiltration and attack).

ex-KBG (now FSB) are good at intimidation and far reaching control.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hard to say, the CIA, MI6, Mossad and such are obviously well-funded and have their tentacles in many areas, but I've heard and read a little about Russia's KGB to be especially adept at the 'craft'.

I'd say the best Intelligence Service in the World though, is a Library.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'll just take a stab and say it's the one we don't know about.

You know the one, the one that gives us all reason to be on this board in the first place that one.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Before any Yanks start spouting off about how the CIA, FBI, NRO, DHS or whatever are the best in the world, think on!

And while we're on the subject of intelligence, before any fellow Brits start
bleating about MI5 or MI6 or SIS or the Special Branch A4A or whatever, think on!

Remember gentlemen, our respective countries claimed and told the world that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and was also in the process of or had acquired, the technology to produce the ultimate weapon of mass destruction.

To date after several years of searching for WMD's, there has been very little evidence to support those views.

Always remember that the terms Military and Government and Intelligence are contradictions in terms and should never be uttered together.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To Fritz

You still think the U.S invaded Iraq becasue of WMD ?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
james bond was British therefore British INTELLIGENCE!!!!!!

This is not a one liner but look up the spelling of intelligence because your in a prime position for multiple mickey takes in this thread because of the title

peace out

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Castro's intelligence service is pretty amazing if you think about it. At one time, they deeply compromised our government and it was claimed that not a single agency was without a mole for Castro. Today, they are active in every North and South American country at the very least.

Consider that Castro, with the help of his intelligence service, has survived at least three CIA-organized assassination attempts. How many American Presidents have been so well informed by our own intelligence services?

Jon

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS To Fritz: You still think the U.S invaded Iraq becasue of WMD ?

Hell, No, my friend!

That was the excuse bandied around the U.N and the Security Council by those clowns led by Colin Powell.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I would say the ukusa treaty 1947 organization. Originally between the UK and USA intelligence agencies, and expanded to include Canada, Austrailia, Israel, and a number of other european and asian countries.

And no, the CIA does not spy on US citizens, however foreign liason officers do who sit next to american agents.

I would say the mossad doesn't have the resources to watch the world, nor the interest.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Vatican Intel.

They are not often challenged, and they are often under guises as members of the Papacy instant free pass, who is going to turn away a priest in our modern day religious rights tolerant society.

But the Mussad is also the benefactor of this protection as well. I mean really a priest is a walking infiltrator and are often less likely to be intimidated because they are using their faith as a way to comfort them when they sacrifice their lives instead of failing or becoming a traitor.

Faith is the best weapon to use in conditioning soldiers and intel assets.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Beelzabub]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
To Fritz

You still think the U.S invaded Iraq becasue of WMD ?

Do you often miss words?

The guy said "....our respective countries CLAIMED and told the world that Iraq had weapons of mass dest...."

Obviously the guy does not believe that US gov attacked iraq because of the WMDs.

Sorry for the off-topic.

I think Mossad and FSB are doing helluva well for an "intelligence agency",

The assassinations done by mossad are with utmost precision and such attacks require very good intelligence gathering. There is much more to them so imo they are one of the best.

And FSB/Russia has thousands and thousands of spies all over the world, I know for fact that there is over 2000 spies/sleepers of some level as we speak in Finland. Other baltic countries are infested by them too and in some of them, even larger quantity than in Finland. Japan, China, Korea (both southern and northern), US, etc.. Of course the fact that even i know about them and their spies to some extent isn't exactly what would be required from an intelligence agency but, even still, the amount of information they get from these spies.. i can only imagine how insanely much there is information.

(1 russian spy got caught some time ago in Estonia and he decided what will be classified and what won't be, on governmental level.)

my 4 pennys.

E: Typo.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Atmosk!]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Atmosk!

To Atmosk and Anonymous ATS , Dudes everyone dropped the ball on Iraq it was FUBAR all the way around and everyone is so interested in covering A##es that it will be 50 years till they declassify it and our grand kids can get the truth through the right of information act.

I can't even see using as justification the slaughter of civilians and torture of quote unquote combatants for the acts of Al qaeda in 9/11. Iraq many have had those people in their country but why aren't we leveling Iran,Jordan,Afghanistan,etc. like we did Iraq, if 9/11 was the reason for the wholesale destruction of a country.

I think If WMD or 9/11 are the only reasons then, the allies didn't finish the war they have a few more countries to level......otherwise how is Iraq's fate justified....we decimated a country for the crimes of many countries.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
FSB is by far the most powerful and all knowing compared to the rest. They were the most competent, powerful, and inventive during the cold war and I'm sure they retained most of their previous skills and associations.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bounty

Not enough "intelligence" to know who this man is beforehand:

blogs.takepart.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It is not the Mossad.
They are way down on the list. The Brits have the best game, followed by the French then US. IMHO of course.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well,I think its already been said, you can't respect the British MI6 or MI5 because they're worse than useless. The American intelligence agencies all compete with one another for funding and forget what their real purpose in life is. You can't use the words Intelligence, and French in the same sentence because apparently the world will stop spinning,so they're out of the running as well. The KGB are now all millionaires since the USSR did away with communism and they helped themselves to the family jewels. So I think it would be the Israeli Mossad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join