It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dow drops 300 points after only 60 mins of trading (After Vote Bill was defeated)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The markets has been played with to hurry up and instill more fear into congress.

Once this bill passes we are going to be faced with the worst inflation to ever hit the hard working tax payer.

But guess what, the bankers will get their money at the expenses of the tax payer after all.

How much can you inflate the markets with fake liquidity that will depend on how much borrowing the US will do from the Asian bankers and the tax payer.

Scary times ahead.

If this bill passes i seriously doubt the Asain banks will even touch the US anymore. Considering most in the Asain markets have all said the US bailout plan is the worst thing they could do.

If Polson and Bush are betting on the Asians to bail them out when they go looking for loan to fix the inflation they are about to create they are mistaken.

I just cant see the Asain bankers taking that kind of a chance on the US economy considering what going to happen after this bill passes.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I've been watching Fox and the current market apparantly has banks over the world pumping ever more money in to 'grease the wheels'.
It's crazy.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I love how CNN is playing this down, almost making a joke of the insane drop this morning.

they are making comments that they should have known this morning when the opening bell never actually rang

Gotta love Mainstream media.

Just saw that JPmorgan is falling like a brick this morning as well, guessing they wishes now that they didnt buy WaMu

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Of course they're downplaying it. This is another major drop, and a run on about any bank today would be the end.

BTW, I just saw on the ticker that Citi bought out Wachovia?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
'Emotional' my butt!

This is the result of those parasites getting the jitters that they may not have 'frightened' us enough.

The corporate citizen is finally facing a dilemma in the light of day.

Their store-bought politicians are not 100% sure this will pass.... boo hoo for everyone, because you have to KNOW that the central banks will punish America for not complying with their plan.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That is the big problem, the Asian markets had been the ones supporting our nation all this time.

China, is now our biggest debt buyer followed by Japan.

Who other banks out there will be investing in our debt? I am kind of worry if its true that China and Japan will stop their support.

Who else will take their place.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Its not just the Dow, its also the SaP 500:

www.bloomberg.com...

A sea of red.

No worries, there will be a massive rebound when the bailout bill is passed. And I mean massive!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Guess what now some experts are saying that the bail out will not be enough to cover the hidden 7 trillion dollars of debt that are still under the table, not in one shot.

Now they are coming with this? that is more trillions of dollars hidden?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Where are all the trolls at who said we arent in a recession that this is all one big liberal conspiracy. I dont see them around much anymore. On this subject this is just emotion. Im guessing it will get through the house and we will be up 100 before the day ends. Im calling it now.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

You can not be so far from the truth, is ironic that just few days from Jamie's liberal lies thread the markets started to spiral down.

I am still looking for him and his friends.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I hope JPM stock falls thru the floor. While everyone was all emotional the big investment banks are merging w/ the commercial banks, what a mess, what a fraud, what a moral hazard.

the reason i am so passionately against the bailout is because it doesn't address the problems, it is simply a life vest to insiders AND it puts taxpayers on the hook. IF i thought this would fix the system and just load us with more debt i would be pissed but concede it should be past, PROBLEM is this bill will not be effective ,except for a possible short term market rally and then were back to where we started.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

"If this bill passes i seriously doubt the Asain banks will even touch the US anymore. Considering most in the Asain markets have all said the US bailout plan is the worst thing they could do. "

Not that I'm in favor of this by a long shot, but wasn't part of the reasoning that the asian markets also needed this due to their holding so much toxic securities themselves (hope that's the correct term) ? That's why the foreign investers were included in the overall plan I had thought ?

[edit on 29-9-2008 by maudeeb]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I turned on cnbc for a look to see if they were discussing the bailout bull.

Commercials were on, so I watched the ticker. And it caught my attention. I had never watched it and seen all down pointing arrows. The only green arrows(gains) I noticed were Freddie Mac, Johnson and Johnson, and Wells Fargo.

It creeped me out.

Gas was at 98 a barrell, this was five minutes ago.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
WORLD MARKETS DROP EVEN STEEPER.

money.cnn.com...

Holland is down almost 9%.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Benarius]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Wow, just saw it was down 250 and checked back and now down 540?!?!

Can anyone explain why the huge drop just now?

Edit: now 653!

Edit again: now 520

All in the span of 90 seconds. These movements don't even seem real. Now 493
[edit on 29-9-2008 by Universal Light]

[edit on 29-9-2008 by Universal Light]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
CNN is stating right now that the vote on the bill is already beyind 218.

218 is needed to passa bill so it looks like the bill is a no go as of right now....watch the stocks closly now, it's going to be a huge drop now most likely.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The Dow just tanked to -615 in a matter of seconds!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
expect it to plummet even furthur. the stock market has a live feed of the vote going on and they are reacting in real time.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Its the Republican the ones voting no, so if this bill have majority Republicans voting for nay.

I will change my political affiliations.

I hope that this is no some political ploy.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Say hello to Black Monday!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join