It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does any one have the feeling that something really bad is about to happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325

Yes.

Go to the Predictions section of the board and join the End of The World Party.

Kthxbye.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
End of The World Party.

Kthxbye.

Hmm I wonder what that would be like! Should be fun!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Maybe it is lingering effects of the floundering congress and bank failures and failed bailouts? Yes, I have been feeling something as you say bad is coming. Don't forget the Webbot threads also are saying there is a general concensus that something bad is maybe approaching around Oct 7 I think it was.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I say we should go roll a blunt and smoke it in the back yard with the homies, that may help.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just learned today, through a colleague, that an information source we have been communicating with, had been killed today in Asia.

The term the officials used when they informed his widow was "apparent assasination". They would not, at this time, provide further details.

The information he had provided dealt with several aspects of the current US economic crisis.

Beyond the profound sadness I feel for my colleague (who was much closer to this source than I) and this man's widow; I am filled with a very deep unease regarding the implications this violent act might portend with regard to events soon to be set in motion.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
To be honest OP, I don't know whether it's something bad, per se, but I certainly have this great feeling of unease which I can't shake off. It's been irking me for the last couple of months and has been getting steadily worse. I've also noticed that people, in general, have been more irritable than usual, more willing to judge etc. I've put it down to the lack of sunlight in the UK over the summer months
and the recent problems economically, but my feeling started before the latter.

If what you mean is something large about to happen, I too have had the same feelings, but cannot remotely pinpoint what they're all about. I guess only time will tell. Hopefully, my feelings are entirely hormonal and not remotely connected to anything significant!!

*Sighs*

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
i climate of fear and paranoia is by manufactured upon the genaral populations psyche to confuse and disorientate them.

examples of this are,something bads gonna happen at such and such a date,so and so is a major threat,x and x is gonna do this and so on.

alot of it seems to occur on this website!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
I just learned today, through a colleague, that an information source we have been communicating with, had been killed today in Asia.

The term the officials used when they informed his widow was "apparent assasination". They would not, at this time, provide further details.

The information he had provided dealt with several aspects of the current US economic crisis.

Beyond the profound sadness I feel for my colleague (who was much closer to this source than I) and this man's widow; I am filled with a very deep unease regarding the implications this violent act might portend with regard to events soon to be set in motion.

Update

There has been, as of Friday October 03, 2008, a development, an exceedingly strange development to the incident described above. I will not divulge the details for the sake of those involved.

Suffice to say that, although the updated information is shocking, to say the least, the details of this development only serve to confirm, and amplify, the conclusion as originally stated:

The SH** has, Indeed, Hit the Fan

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Don't leave us hanging can you elaborate?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

We are at war.

It has not been declared, publicly, as of yet.
Pray that the need to do so can be avoided.

If such is eventually declared, the result will be akin to, if not in fact, a third World War pitting the US against Russia and China.

In some sense, this is a "payback" for what the US actively percipitated within the USSR in the 1980's. The outcome, for the US, this time around, will more than likely, be no less wrenching for the structure of the US.

US officials are currently working feverishly just to maintain a degree of "containment" of the crisis foreign exploitation of our financial system allowed.

We left our doors unlocked with a welcome mat clearly displayed. Some of us, whether out of naivete or actual malice (whose "payroll" were they on?) invited our attackers into the very heart of our sanctuary.

At this time, there is no guarantee that our "emergency" efforts to recover will be successful. In fact, even, and especicially amoung those advocating for the most panic-driven reponses (Bernake, Paulson, et al), there is the palapable fear that we are too late with far too little to effect the salvation of our nation.

Did you see the fear on their faces? Did you find it strange that our representatives in Congress were being asked to take measures rapidly, without question or debate? Did you find it odd that Both presidential candidates emerged from that meeting with the President and then voiced thier support of the basic plan (if not the "ornemants")?

Despite all the hype and spin, this "Economic Crisis" has little or nothing to do with "Wall Street bankers": that is just a government-generated "spin" offered to the media a distraction from the real truth. As the "lesser" of two evils, so to speak.

Wall Street's perturbations are merely the "bullet" that has been fired into the heart of the US: the "Gun" is China, who supplied the capital. The "Assasin" is Russia, who supplied the plan and will pay off China in the form of cheap energy supplies in the Sino-(New)Soviet dominated future.

For a sense of what may very well be to come, review the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Pay particular attention to the exchange between President Bush and former President Putin.

More than the troubles in Georgia were discussed, you can be certain. And Mr. Bush comes away none too happy.

I believe Mr. Putin gave Mr Bush a "Final Warning", which was not heeded. And now, Putin has made good on his threat.

McCain and Obama? I believe that They have vbeen told the Truth about our situation.

The truth that not even the vast majority of the House and Senate yet know:

We are at War, and we have been hit with what may very well turn out to be a fatal blow.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

That may well be true. And note that I AM sorry about your colleague.

However, there is not much China and Russia can or will do. It's a stalemate, the worst that could come of it is either a) MAD, or b) Cold War 2.0

Unfortunately for them I'm sure, a ground war is not even possible.

YET, one thing IS certain, if a country is looking to take over the USA, you don't fight the USA, you don't FIGHT Russia, you make THEM fight, then take whatever is leftover, no?

AB1

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
About three years ago I began getting this feeling of pure dread that I could not explain. At that time, life was cruising along happily without many worries.

Last year was a very tumultuous year for me personally. Much family arguing and anger between relatives, job loss, elderly illness and family loss all the way around. When speaking to my sister at this time I told her that the other shoe had not dropped yet. She asked me what I thought the other shoe was and I told her I didn't know.

Started to recover from all of last years' trials and we had another conversation in which she asked me if I was still feeling dread. I told her yes, and it was becoming more intense. I again told her I had no clue what it could be.

Fast forward to last weeks events. I laid in my bed thinking of all the calls and emails I made to senators and congressmen, the news that the bill went through, the panic on WS and rage I felt about how it all went down. I knew the bailout was a huge event.

I asked myself if I thought that was the other shoe. Answer: NO.

There is something else bigger coming imho. I am an empath, sensitive and intuitive, but would never call myself a psychic. I am usually correct about gut feelings and this is one I've had for a couple years. I started a dream journal 2 years ago, but do not see anything there that would give a clue, or I am just not understanding it. I have dreamed many times about white houses, but not THE white house.

Anyway, I feel there is something HUGE coming, just wish I had enough insight as to what it is. Judging from the posts on this site, many people have their ideas, and it is comforting to know that there are many others out there who are catching this other frequency!

I am trying to get people I love to prepare for self sufficiency. They know my track record on "vibes and gut feelings", yet no one wants to take action...frustrating!!

I feel like it will be something before the election and will totally change the election, such as an assassination. Hope that doesn't happen.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
yes i am feeling something bad is going to happen for the last week. Its like im almost positive something big is going to happen, and alot of sources point to october 7th so we will see then.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm in Canada, and aside from the bailout and such which I'm not feeling the effects of yet, I have a general feeling of unease. I also feel nervous. I don't know why.

But then again, here we all are on a conspiracy website, posting about something bad possibly happening. Isn't that what we're looking for, initially? Something CRAZY to just happen so we can start feeling like we're in control of a tiny aspect of our lives? Or that we can have some sort of predictability?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malzypants
But then again, here we all are on a conspiracy website, posting about something bad possibly happening. Isn't that what we're looking for, initially? Something CRAZY to just happen so we can start feeling like we're in control of a tiny aspect of our lives? Or that we can have some sort of predictability?

Hmm... I'm not so sure, to be honest.

I am not looking for something crazy to happen. All the years I spent in the service have shown me more than any one man should see, with respect to craziness.

More, I'm looking to stop it all, is my resolve. I'm prepared to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. We all have our purpose here... I DO know mine.

We shouldn't be nervous, we should embrace what it is...IMHO, a change, a change where the people who will, would make things right again...hell, I'm not afraid to die im more afraid of not being able to live.

It'll all work out

AB1

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Malzypants

I to know how your feeling, but the funniest thing is this, i never felt so worried or concerned about something bad about to happen until that fateful day when i stumbled onto a Nibiru video. At first i crapped my pant and believed it, then i researched it, then through a mutual friend i was directed to this website, and from that day forward i have found myself almost paranoid these days.

my question is this though. have my yes been opened to the truth while on this site, have i finally found some truth and im just trying desperatley to control it as the world spins out of control as so many here tell me?

or have I just let myself get so immersed in other paranoia and been swept up in the choas of what people think may happen and i have let myself be taken in by that paranioa?

it's really hard to tell.

Are people here right and finding this website was a god send for me to prepare my family for coming trouble?

Or are people here just paranoid as hell and I have let myself be swayed by that paranioa.

At times it really is hard to tell.

[edit on 10/5/0808 by Trayen11]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325

.....................................................yup

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

That may well be true. And note that I AM sorry about your colleague.

However, there is not much China and Russia can or will do. It's a stalemate, the worst that could come of it is either a) MAD, or b) Cold War 2.0

Unfortunately for them I'm sure, a ground war is not even possible.

YET, one thing IS certain, if a country is looking to take over the USA, you don't fight the USA, you don't FIGHT Russia, you make THEM fight, then take whatever is leftover, no?

AB1

Not my colleague, a friend of my colleague, a civilian "negotiator" with the Pentagon.

And if the US is, financially speaking, devastated beyond being able to influence the rest of the world's geopolitcal affairs and decisions, what would be left for China and/or Russia to do?

Destroy an nation's economy, and you've destroyed its ability to influence the rest of the world; you have thus, effectively, in today's world, destroyed the nation itself.

Without actually firing a single shot.

MAD? Too expensive and unneccesary.

Ground war? These days, ground troops are for securing hard assets already siezed as "Liberators".

"Wars" are not fought the way they used to. We've become much more sophisticated than that.

And so have our opponents.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Exactly, I agree with you there!

That's why I believe someone, somewhere not either of the entities are forcing us to fight each other. Which, is exactly what we DONT need.

AB1

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole
I will say this though- I have been on ATS all night scanning the survival threads looking for useful advice and the names of a couple of books to buy.

The Foxfire Books, #1, #2, and #3

There are quite a few of them, but the first 3 have most of the practical stuff, the later books were mostly folklore, IIRC.

One of my Grandfathers had the entire collection as of 1987, it was some intersting reading.

Recently I bought the first 3 off Amazon. Paid around $25 for all of them, including shipping.

Amazon's used books section rules.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join