It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re:Is there a Doctor in the house

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
After a 3rd run to the Hospitals, and UC I finally found a Dr that cared and got my BP with about 6 meds down to about 130/80. Yeah my eye right now looks like blood is all through it but that was since my BP got so eye vessals erupted or something like that.

Thanks for all your guys reply's/concern

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well I am happy to hear you found a doctor who listened to you and took good care of you.
I had a recent scare with high BP but managed to control it through talking to my doctor, exercise and yoga.
Anxiety was a big part of it.

My eye just healed 2 days ago from 'red eye' AKA a Subconjunctival haemorrhage where a blood vessel bursts in the eye. Scary stuff huh ? But usually harmless so I was told.

Glad you're feeling better

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

My eye just healed 2 days ago from 'red eye' AKA a Subconjunctival haemorrhage where a blood vessel bursts in the eye. Scary stuff huh ? But usually harmless so I was told.

Glad you're feeling better

Scared the # out of me my bp get's high once in a while 220/135 or 140 but then I can get it down fast but this time it was worst than ever. It physically screwed me up and after I took the meds it would only work for 2 hours and then go right back up.

But these meds seem to be working real well I just have to keep taking them.

I'm glad you got yours taken care of as well

[edit on 2-10-2008 by glan]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by glan

Really glad to hear that Glan. I wouldn't worry too much about the meds only seeming to work for a couple of hours. It's perfectly natural for your BP to rise and fall throughout the day. This happens even with people who do not need to regulate their BP. Your body is getting used to a new regimen, so it's working itself out.

Keep seeing your doctor, and I'd invest in a BP home monitoring kit. They are less than $100 now, and most are pretty accurate with the mercury sphygmomanometer used by doctors. Omicron is a good brand and I use it myself. Caveat to all this: only monitor your BP once or twice a day, otherwise you'll get obsessed with how you're doing.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
reply to post by glan

only monitor your BP once or twice a day, otherwise you'll get obsessed with how you're doing.

That's been a bad problem, I can feel when my BP is REALLY high 220/130+ and it scares me to check it, and I HAVE to check it. When I feel that it's raised about 15 points I have KINDA stopped doing that. Most people can't feel when it rises, though I can to a certain point if that makes any sense.

My county Doc told me to write down my bp on a "regular basis" so I'm kind of stuck doing it for the next 4 days or, until Monday medicine has got me on a goofy track but she said that will or should wear off anywhere from 3-10 days so I'm looking forward to that.

But from feeling so bad for the last week or so it's going to take me time to recuperate I have had 2 soups in 6 or 7 days but tonight I'm getting some solids so that's pretty good I hope that will build my energy up I feel sooooooo weak.

ok I think I got it I screwed up with the quotes the last time I'm off for tonight good night everyone.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by glan
I went to the hospital they monitored me and it was only 176/128 (after 2 clonidine) and gave me an app't but it's not for another month. When I went to the hospital my BP was 240/140. Problem is I don't have insurance. I'm taking clonidine to keep it at 180/110. I"m getting a bit scared...I'll try the onion thing though thx for the advice.

I'm not typing correctly I'm trying though.'

bp was 240/140 I took 2 clonidine went to the hospital it was then 176/128 but I have to continue to keep taking these to keep it down I also got atenalo and this other med that I can't type but it's somthing about fluid with the heart

[edit on 29-9-2008 by glan]

if its a medical emergency call 911 or if your in the emergency room they do not have the right to refuse you service.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join