It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering Tom Cruise....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Do you remember watching Risky Business when you where a teenager in the 80's and thinking how cool it would be to be in his shoes?
_javascript:newspic()
Remember that summer when you first saw top gun, and you wanted to be a fight pilot? (and you forgot the atrocity that was 'in the navy' by the village people)

Remember the 90's and watching Mission Impossible and thinking that 'hey that wasn't corny''?

Remember 'A few good men'? You want the truth? You want the truth?

Remember watching 'eyes wide shut' and thinking...OK He's crazy.

Admit, it...you all enjoy the films of TOM CRUISE....deep down inside, we all want to be like Tom Cruise. There is alittle cruise in all of us! Sif' you wouldnt wanna hang with the Cruise and go to a bar and shoot some pool

---THIS THREAD IS SUPPORTED BY THE UNION OF WACK POSTERS---

FORGET THIS...

REMEMBER THIS!

[edit on 29-9-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Hey Q....out of respect for you, and as a fellow (gal)l Aussie i have alot to add...
Tom has never ever been a sexy guy..he has been fortunate to have got great roles as an actor..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Ok Q-Ball,
So he was hot..

Now he's not..
Only guy that ever made a pair of tighty whiteys look good.

oh yeah..
LOVE ON A REAL TRAIN..

Woah! Back to reality.

Seriously, now he's just a doofus.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
No im just saying he is a GREAT actor thats all. As i straight male i do not find him attractive!

But we have to admit, we all like him at one stage of our lives!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
No im just saying he is a GREAT actor thats all. As i straight male i do not find him attractive!

But we have to admit, we all like him at one stage of our lives!

NEVER EVER NEVER...never did a thing for me...icki..Orlando, much more betterer..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have to agree, I love his films, I've got loads of them my favourite being Collaterel. A film where the character you want to be is the bad guy.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Do you remember watching Risky Business when you where a teenager in the 80's and thinking how cool it would be to be in his shoes?

It wan't his shoes that I wanted to be in......

Remember 'A few good men'? You want the truth? You want the truth?

The truth.........I was really pregnant and fell asleep as soon as it started, yawn yawn, and everytime I woke up they were yelling and using the 'F' word. What was that movie about anyway?

....deep down inside, we all want to be like Tom Cruise.

I really hope that isn't the case with most guys, because I agree with AD
that he is really weird now, I'm not in the least little bit attracted to him.

Here we go again............lmao I'm going to post this new man crush for you q_ball.

HEHE

Rush

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'd personally rather forget him

ewwww Tom Cruise .... none of his films ever had me sit through them to the end and I avoid movies with him in them now.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Rush, Jaded

Lets admit it...deep down inside...we all liked Minority report and Mi2

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Q,
Like I said in the other thread....No,No,No,No,No!

When you said remembering Tom Cruise, I thought he was dead...You got my hopes up for nothing....

I refuse to have anything to do with this thread!!!.....damn...too late...
:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i wonder if i was the only one who saw the thread title and thought he was dead..

I thought there was hope for Katie Holmes after all.. * sigh*
Top Gun was it for me. He peaked there.
I cannot get past his weirdness to enjoy his work anymore. I actually prefer NOT to know about celebs personal lives.

Edited to say TY Vikingant for going down that road with me.. i wasnt the only one who thought he died. LOL!!

[edit on 9/29/08 by SugarJ]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SugarJ
Edited to say TY Vikingant for going down that road with me.. i wasnt the only one who thought he died. LOL!!
[edit on 9/29/08 by SugarJ]

I think that was just wishful thinking on my part...
I knew this thread was coming but hoped Q would see sense before he went ahead with it.

Far and away, Vanilla sky...I rest my case....:shk:

As a straight male

It is a concern that you feel you need to keep emphasising this point...
I will be keeping an eye out for the Carson Kressley tribute thread..

[edit on 29/9/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Rush, Jaded

Lets admit it...deep down inside...we all liked Minority report and Mi2

I watched Minority Report, yes, but not all the way til the end. He was not as, but still quite, boring in that one.
I've always thought he just comes across SO arrogant and into himself, no matter what character he plays, it never really changes and I just see him and how he presents himself to the world.

And nope, I never saw MI or MIII nor MIIII (lol @ how Colbert says it
)

He was kinda funny in Tropic Thunder but there were very few laughs in that whole movie.

I am rofl @ Ant and SugarJ, I did for a second too but that woulda been plastered all over our TV's and the threads here wouldn't it ?

wishful thinking on our parts ey ?

I also avoid Nicole Kidman and her "movies" now, can't stand her almost as much as Tom Cruise.

They both have zero talent IMO.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Q,
Like I said in the other thread....No,No,No,No,No!

When you said remembering Tom Cruise, I thought he was dead...You got my hopes up for nothing....

I refuse to have anything to do with this thread!!!.....damn...too late...
:bnghd:

ROFL !! you rock Vikingmant..haha
Funny you!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Q_Ball im really REALLY starting to wonder about you.
I mean its weird enough you lust after male hollywood actors but it gets worse because you choose terrible actors haha.Next your going to be spouting the virtues of Keanu Reeves(although he was in a couple of cool movies and no not the matrix trilogy).
Anyway Q as a fellow Man of the boards i thought i should point this out to you, maybe start a thread about chicks or something

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

It is funny you should say that....
I quote my full post from the afore mentioned thread...

No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,!!!!
Tom Cruise?!??! Come on now! Anyone but Tom!!!!
Even Keanu Reeves I could handle over Tom! What is wrong with you man!! A Christian Slater obsession is one thing, but now you are just going CRAZY!

Oh, and if I was too subtle, I would vote a conservative NO for a Tom Cruise remeberance Thread.

Now Keanu..Thats an actor worth idolising.....:bnghd: Oh Man, Now I'm doing it...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Wow thats pretty uncanny.
Lame line so its not a one liner.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

LOL!!! OMG AD, I was almost expecting him to rip off his shirt or something....that dance...was....kind of provocative? Can I use that word to describe Tom Cruise? Or is that a bad judgement call? Perhaps...

I personally really liked: Days of Thunder, Top Gun, and a A Few Good Men. Actually A Few Good Men is on my Top 10 list of great Films! (I just love the Courtroom Scences!)

Q, I support your support of this Wacky-ness thread!!

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
cant stand tom cruise, never could, never will. ive always wondered why women like him also, he has a HUGE snozz.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
ok- Early Tom Cruise stuff was ok... but what were they thinking when they made Vanilla Sky? I can't think of one good thing about that movie. Seriously- does anyone out there like that movie? It was a piece of

It seems if he does action-y movies- they're ok, but anything else, and well it kinda sucks...

Sorry if you don't agree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join